New Grower Newbie to the growing scene with A LOT of questions, answer as much as you can please.

Thanks you lot
Surffreak23, thanks man your grow itself helped most of my questions
and smashedbyhashish thanks for the link, i know the basics to grow, i was on rollitup for ages and grasscity
but i thought autoflower forum help me more, never the less thanks :D
Sorry, from your 1st post I took you as unstudied, my bad. You got a good understanding I see. Not much more for you to do but jump in & start growing. happy growing!

You might want to give some thought to using 3 gallon pots instead of the 5 & 1 gallon ones. I think with the strains you are growing and the amount of light you have, 3 gallon pots would be big enough. You might even be able to fit 4 plants in your tent, or have more room for the 3.

atm, i have no cash laying around even if the pots are cheap
gonna go with what i have
study it, learn from my mistakes and bounce off

i have two 5 gallon so im gnna use them
will see results and post up

and thanks again for everyone responding
thanks for the tips

Check the local greenhouses and garden supply stores. You can probably get used ones real cheap or they might even give them to you. Or ask around. A lot of shrubs are sold in 3 gallon ones and someone might have some laying around from shrubs they have planted. Small plants in big pots tend to hold water longer which is not the best as the soil should dry out between waterings.

atm, i have no cash laying around even if the pots are cheap
gonna go with what i have
study it, learn from my mistakes and bounce off

i have two 5 gallon so im gnna use them
will see results and post up

and thanks again for everyone responding
thanks for the tips

oh good point
i have a couple garden centres near by
will be doing a check today or tomorrow
if not
i will stick with my 5 gallons as the start of the grow is on saturday

Hey Wrekstar. I'm a noob myself but I've done a ton of research. I CAN tell you from experience that if your 4" inline fan is a duct booster you may find it to be too weak. I bought one for my small cab crow and it didn't move enough air to keep my temps to a reasonable level 90-100 with like 220 watts of cfl. I ended up buying a 80 cfm bathroom fan for $80 which gets the job done, 80 degrees steady now. I believe my grow journal is being moved to the new growers section soon, I'm only a week in so it may help to follow along.

1 . I'm growing russian rocket fuel and devilmatic, anyone grown these? espc with cfl's? good results?
2 . Will two 125w dual spec CFL'S get me 1-2 oz's of three plants?
3 . Does a grow tent help controlling odour?
4 . How to hook up a IN LINE FAN?
5 . I have two, 5 gallon pots are they alright? more root growth?
6 . Can my autoflowers be grown in 90F-100F temps? and still get an OZ
7 . Who here gets good results from CFL'S?
8 . What are GOOD single seed auto's ( single seed e.g pick n mix ) i can get
9 . I'm leaving my auto's for 18/6 is that alright?
10 . Is it best to leave my cfl's vertical? ( no reflector )
11 . Growing in a 60x60x140cm grow tent, how many pots if doing a sog of what gallon shud i use
[/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR]

1. no
2. 1 oz would be a realistic expectation
3. they definetely help control odour as you will only have to put a filter on the exhaust. ona gel never hurts because lets face it, the doors will be open quite a bit (whether to water, trim, check for deficienys, or just to watch like your favorite tv show)
4. no idea. get the one with the wall plug if your not sure. safety first
5. plenty for autos or photos. most autos wont need that much space so you will be using extra dirt and/or room in your grow from the giant pots
6. maybe. some strains are more suited for higher temps. i would recomend something with white widow in it, as white widow has been proven to give its best yeilds at 95 f (white widow itself is a finicky plant, so might want to try something mixed with it)
7. never used. no idea. check the indoor grows
8. i have my personal favorite strains but everyone has to find their own
9. perfect
10. they will probably need a reflector but double check on that.
11. ask again later

hope this helps. happy growing. do yourself a favor and read some grow journals. especially ones that are using cfl and sog as you plan to do. a picture is worth a thousand words. an experience will last a lifetime

Just wanted to mention that I picked up 3.8 gallon pots for 84 cents a piece at Lowes. Looks like they are 44 cents now. I think price depends on your location if you pick them up in store or not.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_182844-95085-182844_0__?productId=3379996&Ntt=planters&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dplanters%26page%3D1%26Ns%3Dp_product_price%7C0&facetInfo=#BVRRWidgetID

They don't really look like the photo. They are plain black circular grower's pots. I have photos of them if anyone is interested. I thought it was a good price.

Just wanted to mention that I picked up 3.8 gallon pots for 84 cents a piece at Lowes. Looks like they are 44 cents now.

Yeah, I picked up some odds and ends this weekend also. Here in the US where summer is ending, lots of stores have good clearance sales on their gardening supplies.

Back