New Grower Newbie to the growing scene with A LOT of questions, answer as much as you can please.

well the birds eye view will ensure equal lighting to the plant but mainly on one side for all three plants
but then the other method will make sure only the plant in the middle gets light from both sides
lst would work great here as two big high powered cfl's are near the plant and penetrating it more
hope im right?
planning to place the russian rocket fuel in the middle then if i do that method
have double mylar all around the grow tent also if that counts as light reflectiveness
ill have to think about this as my grow tent space
i haven't even added the other pot but both 5 gallon pots are their
and theirs hardly any space left, might have to get books or something to elevate the other pot
the 5 gallon pots are literally squished together.. well lets see

In any case you'll have to move/spin the plants to get full coverage and you want some side lighting so maybe lower down by, but not next to the plants. I would try to cast the light from the top down at the plants at a 45 deg angle, that way all you have to do is rotate to stay even... yes they will start to lean if you don't rotate them, but 2 or 3 rotations per day and they'll stay straight up.
There are also automatic plant spinners to be had out there for a price....

well the birds eye view will ensure equal lighting to the plant but mainly on one side for all three plants
but then the other method will make sure only the plant in the middle gets light from both sides
lst would work great here as two big high powered cfl's are near the plant and penetrating it more
hope im right?
You can always rotate the pots once or twice a day... I've done that before when my grow area was too crowded for everything to get even light. But, I've also used lst to make a fuller, more even canopy. Either way will work.

EDIT: surfreak... I think you hit your save button before I did. LOL

oh true good ideas then man
simple things usualy get left out
probs do that in any method

because my lighting is 18/6
i will split the 18 hours on different areas on the plant
6 hours on one side
6 hours on the other

is that about right?

You're going for a truly vertical style of growing with the 'birds eye view' if you're going to do that, I'd recommend training the plants on a piece of lattice or chicken wire or some sort of graphed style fencing. Weave the plant through so the majority of the bud is facing the light, this way you don't have to turn the plants. Vertical trained growing is huge with photos and very efficient, but I've never given it thought with autos.

Very true Whatsgoodie, vertical gardening will also maximize the space you have as far as how many plants you could fit by one light...

You might want to give some thought to using 3 gallon pots instead of the 5 & 1 gallon ones. I think with the strains you are growing and the amount of light you have, 3 gallon pots would be big enough. You might even be able to fit 4 plants in your tent, or have more room for the 3.

Back