Outdoor New to OG

How do you plan on preparing your soil for the season? Today I found my guerilla spot ,so my next mission is to prepare the soil. I can easily find cow or horse manure ,but I have no idea what the ratio should be or wouldnt it burn my plants?

When do you guys think I can start growing autos outdoors?

Looking at historical averages where I live..

February (high and low):

20 C/ 9 C

March:

24 C/ 11 C

April

28 C / 14 C

Any input is highly appreciated! I was thinking about starting them inside under CFL for two weeks then put them outside.. in pots in a balcony.
I would plant when local gardeners plant warm weather vegies

How do you plan on preparing your soil for the season? Today I found my guerilla spot ,so my next mission is to prepare the soil. I can easily find cow or horse manure ,but I have no idea what the ratio should be or wouldnt it burn my plants?
Ok, you have what you need to get going, a place and some soil conditioner and plant food. I cannot over emphasize how important it is to use very well decomposed manure. In barnyard situations look for the oldest piles. You will soon learn. Well decomposed manure can be mixed freely with your soil, remembering, you are not trying to grow in pure manure, the native soil has stuff your plants need also. This is your experiment, seems like you got a very good start.

OK so finals are over and I could put in some work today.I want to prepare the soil early but I lack important knowledge. So today I started clearing my site of grass ,wanted to ask if I need to remove every single root from the soil as there are many of them ,the deeper I go the more roots I find.Also is my site's soil good enough or should I be looking for new one (biobizz lightmix?).Another thing - all the manuer I could find is either fresh or old looking but wet and darker inside (I've added some pictures). Another important question is how long before I sow the seeds should I add the manure to the soil? Also would it be dumb idea to sow the seeds directly into the soil ,as I have no other choice...
And finally is the space on the first picture enough for a single plant?
IMG_20160208_144442.jpg IMG_20160208_144742.jpg IMG_20160208_150021.jpg

OK so finals are over and I could put in some work today.I want to prepare the soil early but I lack important knowledge. So today I started clearing my site of grass ,wanted to ask if I need to remove every single root from the soil as there are many of them ,the deeper I go the more roots I find.Also is my site's soil good enough or should I be looking for new one (biobizz lightmix?).Another thing - all the manuer I could find is either fresh or old looking but wet and darker inside (I've added some pictures). Another important question is how long before I sow the seeds should I add the manure to the soil? Also would it be dumb idea to sow the seeds directly into the soil ,as I have no other choice...
And finally is the space on the first picture enough for a single plant?
View attachment 529758 View attachment 529759 View attachment 529760

When you begin gardening a wild patch, weeds will be a battle. Not only all those roots but seeds that may not even germ for a year or two. You won't be able to get all the roots, get as many as you can, as they sprout and push up, pull'em out. If you mixed in aged manure, try to give it at least a month until you plant seeds. This gives the soil organisms some time to begin turning manure into available plant nutrients. I plant directly into soil, planted very shallow with adequate moisture usually pop in 3-6 days. If you can plant during a moist spell they will germ without you having to be around to keep the surface moist. I would plant extra seeds, bugs, rodents, birds, weather, may poach your little ones. If your prepared spot is 2' in diameter plenty big. Keep the natural vegetation cut down as it grows up around your prepared planting site, it will be quite lush because of the enrichment and will be the first place that wants to grow mold, so, keep it hacked back some. Tough to tell about your soil with out being able to handle it. Looks fine in the pic, the natural vegetation seems to be doing well. I think you will figure out a lot as you go and grow. Old manure is what you want! Is the third pic manure?, if so, looks broken down to me.

Hi outdoor growers,

hope you're all fine and well. I'd like to inform myself about something; what are the autos most suitable to be grown outdoors?
Which have proved strength and relatively good yields outdoors consistently?

Best outdoor auto..
Hi MoChillah, top autos are the next:
1) autoxtreme
2) autoultimate
3) think different
4) blue automazar
All produced by Dutch Passion, i love this bank! ;)

Back