Grow Mediums New to Coco, New to Autoflowers

Hey dude!
Was the gal stretchy before you pit her in the bigger pot? If yes next time the best solution if you can dig the stem under the coco and she can grow roots from them and she will fixed above the ground. And also she needs more light in my opinion.
Best of luck mate! Hope its helped it happening next time.

Hello friendly people,

Like the title says I'm new to Coco and autoflowers. I have two journals over on the photo side, one is my beast of a Platinum Girl Scout Cookies that's been vegging for 14wks in a five gallon fabric pot (just switched to 12/12 today). This may mean that my grows will wrap up around the same time, except my outdoor seedlings, woohoo for first grows and harvests!

The stats:
1 Mephisto Genetics Auto Elite bean, lovingly called Mimi (Mephisto Mystery shortened...it's okay, I'm a dork and I know it).
2gal equivalent Airpot
Botanicare Ready-Gro Moisture Mix
Roots Organics Oregonism XL (Mycos)
Nectar for the Gods nutrients
Galaxy Hydro 180w UFO light which is centered over my PGSC, there are also two citrus trees in the tent with the girls. My new light (Amare SE450 + UVB) should be here next week.
12/12 Light schedule, want my beast flowered so my first auto has to suffer.

After soaking the seed for 24hrs it was placed in a jiffy pot in a propagator on a heat mat. 24hrs later she was pushing above ground - 7May.

9May - 2.5" tall and transplanted into her pot. Rolled her jiffy pot in the Oregonism XL and put the rest of the 1tsp into the hole made for her. I pH'd water down to 5.7 (0ppm) and gave her about 1 cup spread out 1.5" radius from her.

11May - gave another 1 cup of pH'd water spread out to 1.5" radius from her.

13May - 4" tall. Mixed 2 liters of 24-hr rested tap water with 1/4tsp of Medusa Magic, Gaia Mania, Demeter's Destiny, Zeus Juice, & Herculean Harvest. pH'd with Hades Down to 5.8 and final ppm 240. Fed 1 cup spread out 1.5" radius from her.

First day above soil.View attachment 567840
I feel bad that she's a super-stretchy girl, this was at transplant time. View attachment 567841
Current status:View attachment 567842 View attachment 567843 I have a small circulation fan blowing between her and the PGSC, trying to build up her strength before she gets too top heavy. The new light has a bigger footprint and better penetration so she should have an easier time once I get it into the tent.

Thanks for hanging out and meeting Mimi!
35c44b24da65a11c9037767012f7979a.jpg

I have this equipment and don't know what to do with it, need guidance pleaseeee

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Hi @marywanther Using LED and HPS together works very well.. you should take a look at the stickied threads in the New Growers section as well as the Lighting section as they have a wealth of information and will allow you to ask more specific questions.. Best of luck.
:smokeout:

Hi @marywanther Using LED and HPS together works very well.. you should take a look at the stickied threads in the New Growers section as well as the Lighting section as they have a wealth of information and will allow you to ask more specific questions.. Best of luck.
:smokeout:
Thxs duggy , I wanna do perpetual to,

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Friday update time!
13May - Mixed up 1/2gal of water with 1/4tsp each of Medusa Magic, Demeter's Destiny, Gaia Mania, Zeus Juice, & Herculean Harvest pH'd down to 5.8 with PPM 240. Fed her 1c of nute mix. She was 4" tall.
17 May and 19May Fed 1c of nute mix each day.

20May 13 days, 4.25" tall by 2.75" with 2 nodes and third node coming in. She's stretchy and stunted but looking healthy. I'm sure the 12/12 schedule is slowing her down. IMG_3433.jpgIMG_3434.jpg She's still not ready to stand on her own so she's tied to the stake!

another AMARE owner (or soon to be) subbed up dude how high do you have your light from your plant I usually start at about 3 feet if they stretch lower it by 6 inches until you get your desired height had a few stretch on me just propped them up with coco after a few days they strengthen up good luck with the rest of your grow :pass:
600 hps and 4x8 tent what other light do u think I need in there 600 1000?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1464316369178.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464316369178.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 72
Back