Lighting New mars COB

Reaction score
I haven't seen any threads about this. What are your thoughts on the new mars cob. On different sites I have read alot of negatives, like the price, cree is outdated etc. But what about the positives, if someone lived in where they didn't have that much access to diy led equipment and the import tax duty's are quite heavy. Say they were to use 9 at a discounted price, to fit a 6x6ft. Would it be worth it? Here are the specs. I'll also attach some photos.

Item NO.:MARS COB(AU)

BTU:378.78BTU
Compare to HPS/MH/HID:250w HPS
certificate:CE, RoHS
Draw power:110W + - 5%@AC120V 108W + - 5%@AC240V
Amps:0.987A/120V 0.46 A/240V
Voltage:AC100-240V AC277 for North America only
Deciel value:0db
N.W/G.W:3.4KG(7.5lb)
Coverage:Core coverage: 2.5'x2.5' / Max coverage: 4.5'x4.5'
Lifespan:50000 hours
spectrum:450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white
Plug Type:USA. UK, EU, AU, Japan
UPC Number:600740988462
Dimension:290*220*210mm (12'x9'x8')
Work Temperature:-4°F ~105°F (-20°C ~ 40°C)
humidity:=<90%
Warehouse:USA, UK, DE, AU, Canada
Chip Brand:Osram, Cree

Attachments

• mars.jpg
    mars.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 1mars1.jpg
    1mars1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 310
Here is a screenshot of a par test, from their youtube video. Can anyone answer me this, I don't know that much but this doesn't make sense. Why is the light stronger hanging at 24" than it is hanging at 16" possible mistake?

The table displays the par on each of the corners, not the centre. Is it because its not so close to the centre that light is able to be spread more or something?

Attachments

• par test.png
    par test.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 242
A Cob surrounded with orsam far red leds looks like a good light to me.

I just upgraded from 2x Mars 300 to a single Mars Cob 100. It's about the same output for half the draw, it's silent, and my 2x2 tent is around 6-10 degrees c cooler, but best of all my girls seem happier, they are reaching for the lights (praying to Jesus I call it) rather looking kinda droopy and po'd as they did under the older lights. I also like that it emits a white light rather than that red/blue colour that makes everything look a bit grim. Best money I've spent. If only it could kill my spider mites...

I just upgraded from 2x Mars 300 to a single Mars Cob 100. It's about the same output for half the draw, it's silent, and my 2x2 tent is around 6-10 degrees c cooler, but best of all my girls seem happier, they are reaching for the lights (praying to Jesus I call it) rather looking kinda droopy and po'd as they did under the older lights. I also like that it emits a white light rather than that red/blue colour that makes everything look a bit grim. Best money I've spent. If only it could kill my spider mites...
do you own or have rose bushes around your house. I have found spider mites flourish when rose plants are around.

do you own or have rose bushes around your house. I have found spider mites flourish when rose plants are around.

No roses but I have a bunch of marigolds which appear to be party town for spider mites. Sadly the marigolds must go...

If they are using a decent driver, light looks solid. No way a 100w light covers a 4x4 space tho, like in the specs, 2x2 should be ok tho...

Back