Lighting Which budget light

Think I'm going to go for four Autocobs.. Got few things to least on ebay which should allow me to get the four and thats equivalent of 600 and only pay shipping once. Either that or I'll buy a vipar of amazon and in a few weeks return it and replace with the cobs, but I have seen good results with the cobs so happy to buy them.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks for info, not really looking at DIY, wouldn't even know where it begin. Seems that the one I would need is out of my budget and also that's just for one spectrum, so would need two in order to cover both spectrums.. I'm just looking for a decent light that will do a good job until I have a bit more in ways of funds. And again not sure about building myself, and with GN and Skyline products your getting something built for similar price that's IP rated. But I am sure they do an excellent job, but for me I don't see it being the way forward. But thanks for the info and definitely will keep that in mind for a later date. [emoji3577]

Its DIY but is REALLY EASY to assemble. I made a mistake when I said the same thing. Then I realized that HLG is one of the best for its price. You wont regret buying HLG its awesome. They have one of 65w for i think its $70 and another of 100w for $100

Enviado desde mi SM-G9650 mediante Tapatalk

Its DIY but is REALLY EASY to assemble. I made a mistake when I said the same thing. Then I realized that HLG is one of the best for its price. You wont regret buying HLG its awesome. They have one of 65w for i think its $70 and another of 100w for $100

Enviado desde mi SM-G9650 mediante Tapatalk
But is that actual wattage? I like to know the true wattage comparison to say a HPS, helps me to visualise production based on previous grows you see.

Side note, what do people think of these lights, just found the guy on ebay and he makes himself and sells, they to are those boards your referring to.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302916061485

Also I am learning towards the CobShop ones as read and that due to phenos varying, even when you do four of the same they can be different, so like the ability to adjust lights independently, but definitely something to think about and I am the most indecisive person on the planet haha [emoji12]

The ones the dude sells on ebay have dimmable knob (No screwdriver needed) and 100% rep over 600 sales.. I emailed him as he says he can customise to your specs so have told him what I am after, we'll see what he comes back with.

Just found these on ebay, rather than linking I'll post info here and some pics

Plant lamps with 3x Cree CXB3590 COB LED spots. One of the brightest LED COB chips on the market. Unbeaten in energy efficiency. Best values in yield per watt. 3500K light color is suitable for vegetation and flowering.

No kit . All parts are assembled. No wiring needed. The spots are plugged into the rail and fixed by a switch. Spots are passively cooled by very large heatsinks.

LED grow lamps with a unique rails conduction system. The spots can be moved freely in the rail (1m). Each spot can be turned and aligned. Perfect alignment even in a difficult installation in a grow box.

Elaborate optical lenses radiate the light perfectly. The lamps light up a large area. In most cases, a 150W strip for a grow box and replace a 450W sodium vapor lamp.

Meanwell transformer is very durable and very energy efficient. No whirr or humming.
Scope of delivery: 2x mounting leashes with carabiner, 1m rail with Meanwell switchgear, 3x 50W Cree CXB3590 3500k mounted with glass lens and heat sink.

23c7f372364ca3cb288a79d6d975bcd4.jpg

This sell for 342 plus postage but I think in all honesty that price I may as well get lights from CobShop.

There is this guy too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250w-CLU...297001?hash=item3b0ef969a9:g:rvQAAOSwpoJbDGup

And has anyone use Hollandgrow

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holland-...630420?hash=item46940d9b54:g:BF4AAOSwv~tcryz2

Has anyone used Holland Pro LED.

They claim to replace 400w and I could get 3 of these units. But 30,000 hour life span seems short compared to other options.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holland-...630420?hash=item46940d9b54:g:BF4AAOSwv~tcryz2

1b4bbc47b534e9e6fa8fd55ec89583a9.jpg
4c55859b468bb08291d071b47275165a.jpg
0526beb4a48bb4a39b10c6501575b86c.jpg

Last one I am going to link, seem to be some decent options about. But there only two of these ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIFT-LED...893685?hash=item4b615ae3b5:g:tOYAAOSwfhlcFADO

I think I have enough to choose between. I just don't know enough about the tech to know what is knock off and what is quality product.

Does slater still use the forums? It was he, who recommended CobShop.net and my GN.

Just found that last one on amazon, I think I might chance it, a noas I can then return in a few months when I want to upgrade lol says they replace 450w "apparently" most reviewers say 400w its around the same price as CobShop lights if it even only does 150 hps is reality I'll be happy.

As I say order some then when I have say another 300 odd I can return the 3 and have 600 to lay down on some lights.

And if they crap well they do the job for now and I have the added security that because they come amazon prime and direct I'll have no issues returning.

Dilemma over (I think) As I say indecisive lol. But seems a good compromise for the time being. And plus with all the suggestions and things I have found myself I feel I don't want to rush in and lay down a load of cash, won't to do more research etc but in mean time I can still grow.

Appologies for so many posts but you never know who else will stumble across this post and help them in future.

I'm still looking to discuss any and all options and compare these lights if people have thoughts it would still be great to hear.

Update.... I did not send this post earlier as I knew I would go back around, I was busy earlier when you linked those sites for the boards and yea tbh I do like the look of them.

They are what that guy on ebay sells, and I will wait to hear him come back to re price for my requirements when making a decision. I love how thin they are as well.

Back