Lighting Which budget light

But is that actual wattage? I like to know the true wattage comparison to say a HPS, helps me to visualise production based on previous grows you see.

Side note, what do people think of these lights, just found the guy on ebay and he makes himself and sells, they to are those boards your referring to.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/302916061485

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes its the wattage it says

Enviado desde mi SM-G9650 mediante Tapatalk

Yes its the wattage it says

Enviado desde mi SM-G9650 mediante Tapatalk
Yea tbh from looking at these kits online I am liking what I am seeing.

Currently looking at this one, again it's the same guy and have asked him several questions.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...9&pm=1&ds=0&t=1555847658000&ver=0&cspheader=1

But not sure which option

His claim.

"Now for the footprint.....one of these units gives 650umols in the center of 1m sq and 290umols around the sides at 20 inches, you can always add more in the future, two in a 1m is a perfect coverage that will bring you 1.5gpw" that is more than my former telos

PF (380-780nm):

459.8 μmol/s

1.909 μmol/joule

PPF (400-700nm):

449.8μmol/s

1.867 μmol/joule

3f6fdeafe31e107ad1b0050eda721c47.jpg
27cce4f9334f64f2679f6a2037cbe6b1.jpg

I must admit they do seem simple enough to make, am I right I think if I buy my own board it will have the lights pre installed? All I am doing is connecred wires for power etc

i say get the autocob or hlg. they have a reputation right now to uphold and its a company you can contact. just my opinion.
Yea I definitely like the Autocobs and I know what I am getting with them. HLG new to me, I have contacted several ebay sellers with top rep and they other parts and labour for two years plus what ever the actual manufacturer of parts offer.

As I say like the cobs but want four, not sure I can push to that spend at this time I might be able to after this week but not 100% sure so if I only order two I know I will want two more and I loose out as they do a 4 cob deal and I dont want to pay shipping twice.

The HLG sites that was recommended is also US by looks of it and would prefer to buy from UK/EU for convenience. I will make a decision over the weekend. I have to stop looking as I will never make up my mind. If I'm on a tight budget I get the ones from amazon as I can return at later date, if I can afford to get the cob then I will do so, but only if I can stretch to the 4 pack deal. So its cheap option for now vs Auto vs HGS I will look for some journals tomorrow as heading off for smoke now then sleep haha.

Thanks all for all your input, hopefully others will benefit from this as well. I'll keep you all posted and let you know when I am ready to start my journal.

Peace [emoji3577]

Hey guys, think I am going to go with cobs the same guy from ebay has two options one non cree but is 120hps replacement and one with cree not sure what it replaces I will post the specs pics and prices shortly, its out the two so any thoughts would be great.

OK Contestant Num 1

CREE 60w COB LED Grow Light utilizes the latest in technology at every level. Starting with CREE's most efficient & highest yielding COB to date the CXB-3590 which illuminates your grow space in daylight white color temperature so seeing your plants and being able to spot problems before they get to bad is key to a healthy garden.

The passive cooling system has been overbuilt by 20% to help the light run cooler. Industry best, commercial grade Meanwell driver pumps 60 true watts of high power growing through CREE's USA Made COB LED Chip.

Your new cree 60w cob grow light comes with:

fitted plastic angelina 90º reflectors, i use these because the fact they are removable gives you a much more versatile unit. The reflectors and glass lens almost double the amount of light thrown down or you can remove them and have a larger 120º foot print.

Modern day glass lens technology and the plastic reflectors allows us to spot beam every photon into our desired coverage area while giving you unprecedented canopy penetration resulting in more developed flowers deeper into your canopy and higher end yields. the unit is backed by a 3 year Warranty so its a light you can keep in your garden for many years to come.

Comes with: a 1.8m iec mains lead, and with a rope ratchet to hang the unit so everything you need all in one box. True plug and play

If you want glass lenses i can fit those buy a lens from this listing bellow when you purchase a light and ill fit it for you and refund the postage from the lens listing .

------------------------ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303135713154 ----------------------
Specifications:

Specifications:

LEDs: CREE XLAMP CXB3590

REFLECTOR/LENS: 90 degree

Driver: Meanwell HBG-60 / 60 watt Driver

Thermal management: Passive Cooling from a Anodized black 85 watt Pin Fin Heat sink

Kelvin: 3000k 3500k

CRI: 80

umol/ watt: 2.1

Actual Power Draw: 60 watts

COB Max Power: 137 Watts

Grams Per Watt: Up to 2

PPFD

PAR Output for 2'x2' (.6mx.6m) area with 90 degree Lens

PPFD @ 18" Hanging Height (2' x 2' area)

PPFD @16 1/2" Hanging Height (2' x 2' area)

Description:

Lifetime: 50,000 Hours

Warranty: 3 years

Shipping:EU, Worldwide

Cables: 1.8m power cord

Hanger: Built in, comes with rope ratchet to adjust hanging height.

These are £110 per light

901dfded2cf3911046b72bf22a2b2b1d.jpg

And contestant Num 2

ive 3000k and 3500k

Here you are buying one complete plug and play 60w LED COB grow light, the unit comes complete and ready to use

so there is nothing more to buy!

Using selected components considered by many to be the best combination of efficiency and light quality.

These cob lights have:

A 18 to 24 inch foot print for flowering and 3x3 feet for veg will be equivalent to around a 120w hps and the 3000k colour will be a one light solution for your plants needs.

These COB lights work great as a modular solution, which will allow you to have them individually hung at the correct heights over your plants, at any time!
which is a great bonus, to always get the full amount of light to your plants.... or.... reduce it To what ever is needed!

This modular lighting system is truly a very flexible system,

There is no need any more for two types of lighting, these COB LEDs produce everything your plants need, for every stage of their life, from seedlings right up through to flowering and the flowers are large and firm.

This pre built kit contains the following components:

1 x HBG 60W Mean Well Driver

1 x Citizen CLU048 1212 Gen 6 COB LED in 3000k, 155 Lumens Per Watt, Max Output Rating 117W, 36 Volt DC, ( safe low DC voltage)

1 x Ideal COB Holder

1 x Ideal Ledil ANGELINA Reflector Adapter

1 x Ideal Ledil ANGELINA 90 Degree Reflector

1 x Black Anodized Aluminum Passive Pinfin Heatsink rated at 70 watts of power dissipation each -( drilled and tapped for easy installation to a frame or hang them individually with the supplied rope ratchet hanger.)

1x Rope Ratchet Hanger

1 x Fused 2/3m Mains Power Lead UK Type Plug

£80 Per Light

7b5889a88ef59e4ed71f72651af2525f.jpg

Thoughts?? It's out of these two I think.

@unkn0wn here you go bud.. I am actually torn atm between HLG and Autocobs

Seems to me it now just comes down to which you choose.
Yea I'm torn between "Autocobs" and HLG 260 with the far reds.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...9&pm=1&ds=0&t=1555847658000&ver=0&cspheader=1

They both do very well going by peoples journals and opinions. But then if I go HLG I am not sure wether to go 4 x 120 boards so I can have the same control in regards to when plants grow different heights. I'm thinking a board in middle then add some cobs later.. But same time thinking two cobs will do me now and get a board in a month or so, I gone around and around so many times.

Back