New Grower New grower. Need help

cheers :pass:
i think this is a top post
@Redeyez1992s What is coco loco? is it pure coco? You have a few problems if this is pure coco. One by this point you should be watering with nutes every day. You should also have runoff every water in a 3 gallon pot at this point I am watering at least 2x a day one (probably a liter at a time) in am and once in pm. Always have run off. you do not need a lot, but you should have excess every time. This will serve you a couple of ways one your medium does not dry out and two it will get the excess salts and prevent build up.(this usually is not a huge problem as most autos will finish before you have this issue).

Okay out of curiosity I looked up this product and I am confused on what it is trying to do. It has guano kelp meal forest product(if you did not know that is code for tree bark sometimes aged sometimes not). My problem with this product is it is sort of half of one half of another. If you want all those ingredients and want it to act like soil go find a living soil recipe and use spangum peat most as your base. Coco is a wonderful medium when used like a sponge that stores food for your plants. You just keep refilling the sponge. It also seems like double work your paying for amendments to be added to an inert medium and then treat it like soil but add more nutrient. I mean it can work but seems a little complicated. I am not trying to come off as harsh here. Many people can attest I have done some silly shit on grows. I think if you used just straight coco you would have better results and it would be simple.

So my advise for pure coco is below I am hesitant to say hey do this with your mix because I think this is just a weird soil mix. I mean I would be going for a 6.5 ph with this and treating it like soil.Worse comes to worse top dress with some worm castings as well. Again I am not saying this is a bad product it is just not a pure coco mix. Also I wrote this whole damn post before my high ass went and looked up coco loco at first I thought this was just a coco perlite blend. I was not going to delete this post after I typed all this. So below is for a pure Coco mix.

Always add calmag in pure coco.....always. I did it by ppm because that made the most sense for me. Basically after day ten 10-15% of my ppm would come from calmag. When watering constantly you do not have to have high ppm. On a heavy feeder I would end up at 800ppm for my mix at max. There is a cation exchange issue with coco it is not going to hold cal mag and then let it go so it is a must. The only way I have ever gotten away from it is using Megacrop (it has calmag built in).

As far as water if this is pure coco it does no good to give plain water. Coco has zero nutritional value, in coco you have to add nutrients anytime your plant needs them so if you dont add nutes everytime it will not work. It is the equivalent of a body builder working out everyday and eating cardboard. Your plants need to eat.

I always had the best luck around 5.8 PH. Just know your nutrient well. When I would mix I mixed three days worth of nutes at a time and found my nutrient drifted up .2 over that period of time. So I would mix and PH up to 5.6 and would end at 5.8 by the third watering. a little drift in PH will not kill you just dont go over six or your going to have a mess.

You also really do not have to use bagged coco you can get a coir brick cut it with 30% perlite and your good to go. I always but what ever is cheapest and rinse the shit out of it when I rehydrate it and never have had any salt or buffering issues.

The 1 liter a watering will depend on how big your plant is. I had a Nirvana Blue Berry Kush that was eating a gallon plus a day at the end.

Now the best part about coco is that when you do drain to waste your medium is basically starting over everyday. You can take a plant from near death to healthy as a horse in a day or two.

I hope all this rambling has helped you some if you have any other questions let me know. I am more than happy to help. Sorry for the longest post ever i am lit out of my mind and went on some ridiculously long ramble by the looks of it.

:pass:
part coco part soil,do we treat it as coco or soil or somewhere in the middle ? i could think till the cows come home :paleo:so il ask for a bit of help.
@bushmasterar15 :pass: @Mañ'O'Green :pass: @puggle6 :pass: :toke:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Any recommendations on some quality soil?

1 Part Sphagnum Peatmoss, Coco, (i prefer sphagnum but have used coco as well)
1 Part Aeration material like lava rock, pumice, perlite, rice hulls etc.
1 Part Compost (the better the compost the better the plants.

Then

1/2 Cup per cubic foot the following:

* Karanja Cake or Neem Cake (NPK, Micro Nutrients and reported Bug Defense all in one)

* Kelp Meal (NPK, Micro Nutrients, Growth Hormones and many other benefits)

* Crustacean Meal (Crab and/or Shrimp Meal) (Calcium, Nitrogen and Chitin along with other benefits)

2 Cups per cubic foot of a mineral mix: ( i adjusted this in half I think that much basalt is a waste. You could bump the Oyster shell up to a full cup just to cover the calcium.

• 1 Cup Basalt (Paramagnetic Rock Dust from lava flow that is high in micronutrients) You can use azomite rock dust here as well.
  • 1/2 Cup Gypsum (Calcium and Sulfur)
  • 1/2 Cup Oyster Shell Flour (Calcium Carbonate)
This is just an adjusted build a soil recipe that I have had the best results with. I have never had many deficiencies but if I do I take the corresponding ingredient put a tablespoon of it in mason jar of water and let it sit over night then strain the liquid off and put it in the next feed. I have never had to PH in this situation and I use straight tap water. I do have a small worm bin and top dress occasionally.

It is a little chunk of money up from but you can just re amend every run a little and be good to go. I have one pot of soil I think I have recycled like 4 times now. I don't even cut the roots out just dig the main stem out as deep as I can and transplant the new girl in. That is with 5 gallon pots though. (i do have a few worms in the soil that help the break down)

Its something to think about this is just what I progressed to over time. The set up is a little more work but once your going its pretty easy.

cheers :pass:
i think this is a top post

part coco part soil,do we treat it as coco or soil or somewhere in the middle ? i could think till the cows come home :paleo:so il ask for a bit of help.
@bushmasterar15 :pass: @Mañ'O'Green :pass: @puggle6 :pass: :toke:
good luck n keep er lit.
I think I would treat it as soil. Again though I really do not like having a feed schedule for soil. I would prefer to have it amended for the whole grow and just water. That is personal preference though.

I think I would treat it as soil. Again though I really do not like having a feed schedule for soil. I would prefer to have it amended for the whole grow and just water. That is personal preference though.

I think I will just get a top soil or so for next grow. Maybe once I'm years in I can think about making my own recipe for now I'm no where near that yet lmao i wish i was though. Cant lie though. Gotta start somewhere. And apparently FF COCO LOKO is considered a soilless medium. If I could have it where I only had to give plain ole water I'd be happy as shit lol

I think I will just get a top soil or so for next grow. Maybe once I'm years in I can think about making my own recipe for now I'm no where near that yet lmao i wish i was though. Cant lie though. Gotta start somewhere. And apparently FF COCO LOKO is considered a soilless medium. If I could have it where I only had to give plain ole water I'd be happy as shit lol
You will get there faster than you think. If you do go with soil buy something fully amended so you can just water. It will be a little more, but you wont have to buy nutes to pour on. :pass:

You will get there faster than you think. If you do go with soil buy something fully amended so you can just water. It will be a little more, but you wont have to buy nutes to pour on. :pass:

I will try to find something fully amended, do you know of any you could think of ? . Is there forum for that :smoking:

i was thinking more like coco,but its AJ with the 1lb badge not me:crying: so ya could be right :toke:

Back