New Grower New grower - don’t think I have the right lights

Hmmm, money is tight at the minute with Christmas round the corner, what do you think on this light? Amazon product

It seems to have all the suitable settings

Last edited:
The Linwood light looks decent… and better that what you have. I’d try it and save for a better one. I had one similar to the Fecida light. Got one good grow and LEDs started failing. We all say mars hydro cuz it’s good customer service and there is a rep on site. Also there is a 10% discount… I would order direct from them though.

The Linwood light looks decent… and better that what you have. I’d try it and save for a better one. I had one similar to the Fecida light. Got one good grow and LEDs started failing. We all say mars hydro cuz it’s good customer service and there is a rep on site. Also there is a 10% discount… I would order direct from them though.
Linqool I meant!

Hmmm, money is tight at the minute with Christmas round the corner, what do you think on this light? Amazon product

IMPO I would look for something little better like this one although it’s unavailable right now it has Samsung didoes plus I have seen folks having good luck with this brand but have never used it before myself… when I am looking at a light I look at what diodes it has and driver :thumbsup:

Amazon product

IMPO I would look for something little better like this one although it’s unavailable right now it has Samsung didoes plus I have seen folks having good luck with this brand but have never used it before myself… when I am looking at a light I look at what diodes it has and driver :thumbsup:

Amazon product

Not disagreeing with @Dale's Proper Bud… diodes do play a part in power and efficiency. But, for on the cheap, at this time, with funds available, I’d go for either the varispectra/ mars hydro/ or the Linqool light. Get thru a grow or three and save for a better unit. I started with cheap Chinese hollandstar x5 “300 watt” was only 150 true watts. I won a Marshydro ts600 and it was an obvious upgrade… even with the loss of watts. Then China light STB and I bought the TS1000 150w dimmable. I have bought more… cuz this hobby is ADDICTIVE! I have enough lights to have 5 grow spaces but keep it to 3 for now. 2 4x4 tents one with 480w and other with 600w all LED. And a veg/experiment cabinet. It may cost more but got to the local hardware store and get normal bulb fixtures and the LED bulbs. Plug/wire them and remove frosted diffuser from bulb exposing the diodes build a reflector from foil and let it grow. You have options. I like the bar style lights vs panel but with enough power a panel will flower the same footprint. Linqool… just cuz it looks nice and fits your budget. Sorry for the ramblings… a touch burnt,lol

Gotta look at the specs. This model only consumes 65watts from the wall. So 65 watts max. Go with Linqool or Mars hydro. Linqool is 100w and Mars is 90 true watts

I have bought more… cuz this hobby is ADDICTIVE!
:yeahthat:
Not disagreeing with @Dale's Proper Bud… diodes do play a part in power and efficiency. But, for on the cheap, at this time, with funds available, I’d go for either the varispectra/ mars hydro/ or the Linqool light. Get thru a grow or three and save for a better unit. I started with cheap Chinese hollandstar x5 “300 watt” was only 150 true watts. I won a Marshydro ts600 and it was an obvious upgrade… even with the loss of watts. Then China light STB and I bought the TS1000 150w dimmable. I have bought more… cuz this hobby is ADDICTIVE! I have enough lights to have 5 grow spaces but keep it to 3 for now. 2 4x4 tents one with 480w and other with 600w all LED. And a veg/experiment cabinet. It may cost more but got to the local hardware store and get normal bulb fixtures and the LED bulbs. Plug/wire them and remove frosted diffuser from bulb exposing the diodes build a reflector from foil and let it grow. You have options. I like the bar style lights vs panel but with enough power a panel will flower the same footprint. Linqool… just cuz it looks nice and fits your budget. Sorry for the ramblings… a touch burnt,lol

Fully agree also just not sure what’s available for him being I think he is overseas don’t think he has the same options as us

I am blown away by all the help guys honestly! Thank you, @Dale's Proper Bud you’re right, I’m in the UK and don’t have the option for the linqool light unfortunately.
inhave seen this one on Amazon & it also has Samsung diodes. What do you guys think on this one?
Led Grow Light 600w KOSCHEAL Full Spectrum Daisy Chain Grow Light with Samsung LM301B UV IR White Light Grow Lights for Indoor Plants 3x3ft Hydroponi Greenhouse Seed Starting Seedlings Vegetable https://amzn.eu/d/isgKgZC

I’m trying to find a cheaper one but if it has to be the mars, then it is what it is lol

Last edited:
I am blown away by all the help guys honestly! Thank you, @Dale's Proper Bud you’re right, I’m in the UK and don’t have the option for the linqool light unfortunately.
inhave seen this one on Amazon & it also has Samsung diodes. What do you guys think on this one?
Led Grow Light 600w KOSCHEAL Full Spectrum Daisy Chain Grow Light with Samsung LM301B UV IR White Light Grow Lights for Indoor Plants 3x3ft Hydroponi Greenhouse Seed Starting Seedlings Vegetable https://amzn.eu/d/isgKgZC

I’m trying to find a cheaper one but if it has to be the mars, then it is what it is lol
Most times you see us qouting a wattage, it's usually wall draw rate as manufacturers use funny math on the output rates...found this on that light page.
Wall draw is roughly 130 Watts. Duno if that answers your queation
By Apollo on 12 February 2020
TS600 is basically 100 watt wall draw, so in theory that one is better, but MH has a presense and good history on this site. I will say my 2 TS600's have been in almost constant use since before I joined the site and my 3 TS1000's since early 2021. All up to you my friend.

Back