New Grower New Grower (3rd cycle) - 4x DP Daiquiri Lime

Dis

Reaction score
Greetings all, new to the site and relatively new to growing. In my third year of organic gardening / urban homesteading (edibles, ornamentals, & medicinals - 400 sq ft of actual soil surface), and I am finally at a point where I can start to address some of the issues I've had indoors, in years past (environmental issues - excessive heat and inadequate lighting).

This is the first run with a new light, and a new attic exhaust fan to vent closet heat.

4x Dutch Passion Daiquiri Lime
3 gallon Root Pouches
35% EB Stone Recipe 420 OG
35% EB Stone Recipe 420 Hypor
20% Bu's Compost
10% Castings (local worm farm)
50/50 DTE Bio Live & Bio Fish applied as directed by volume

They are getting between 300w - 450w from the wall right now, when outside temps are 90+ it prevents me from running it at 450w.

Light schedule is 18/6 (lights out 1pm - 7pm, heat of the day, danger zone is from 7pm to 10pm while the heat is still venting out of the attic, when lights come on. Stabilizes between 9-10pm, working on making sure it never gets over 85f. It has been 100+ outside the past few days.

Average humidity to date is 44% but has gone down significantly this week due to the weather, and has been around 25% the past few days.

Average temp to date is 83.2f in that closet. High of 90.3f, low of 69.3f

So far I am watering every 3-5 days, with any combination of fresh aloe fillet, AgSil, Recharge, molasses, rehydrated kelp tea. It's going to get a blast of corn sprouts / alfalfa meal / and malted barley today, then onward to flower. I didn't really plan on posting this grow, but it will most certainly help me learn, to have all of your shared wisdom and experience. I have pictures from the start, but this is Day 19 from soil break.

I am planning on LST, in my experience I find that I prefer to train them once they get a little height, it's very possible that I am doing this wrong, (insights welcomed as to when specifically I should be LSTing an auto) so far it's what has "felt right" to me. I will LST in the next day or two. I am open to defoliation, I haven't done any yet, with the exception of those leaves touching the soil surface (they have since been removed). In the past I have just pulled them down and out, and tucked some fan leaves. Open to suggestions.
IMG_20200611_082336_2.jpg

Last edited:
Think I’ll follow along. I have some of those beans and plan on running them in the next couple cycles. While we are waiting for these things to grow,
ear try some of this:pass:

Watered in the following. Quantities per 3 gallons. Muni water ran through a Berkey filter, set out for a few days. I get everything bubbling with the exception of the ActivAloe, freeze dried coconut water, and corn, for about 15 minutes (not trying to grow populations or ferment anything, just aerate and mix well), then I throw in the ActivAloe, freeze dried coconut water and corn mash for a few minutes, and then water it all in. In this instance, 3/4gal per pot.

These for the 15 mins or so.

7.5ml Agsil Solution (7.6% solution)
1/4c Alfalfa Meal
2T Molasses
2T Rehydrated Kelp
1T Recharge
1/4c Malted Barley (blended just before use)

Then these items, for as long as it takes for me to feel like they are well mixed in. A few minutes only.

1/2t ActivAloe
1T Freeze Dried Coconut Water
60g Sprouted Organic Corn
IMG_20200611_210205~2.jpg

Last edited:
3' x 6' x 8' actual, only 3 x 3 is used for growing currently. It's not perfect, but it is better than last year, and will be better still next year. I think I ultimately want to hang 2 Chilled pucks and grow on one of those shelves in the back. Maybe a 3 x 3 on the floor in back, and a 2 x 3 up above it. Otherwise it would be hard to get to, havent given it a whole lot of thought, a project for next year. I have more panda film, I just need to hang some more in the back. Pic is from around 15 days.
IMG_20200607_201548.jpg

Last edited:
These are the girls roughly 48hrs after the last watering. I am planning on starting an Anvil F7 grow after this, cracking 10 beans and trying my hand at pheno hunting (I know that 10 is not many, its what I have so its what I'm using). It is obvious to me that these 4 plants look very different, can someone more knowledgeable than I point out some of the positive characteristics that may be able to be determined at this stage of growth? What am I looking for besides internodal spacing and overall vigor? I am not planning on trying to breed these, I just want to start training my eyes what to look for. There is a bit of leaf burn on FLorence and BRitney, but I cant tell if its from the potency of the watering, soil or admix potency, or from unknowingly wetting the leaves under intense light. It looks like scald, but my experience is limited.

IMG_20200613_191203.jpg

IMG_20200613_191224.jpg

Front Left - FLorence (1)
IMG_20200613_191249.jpg

Back Left - BLair (2)
IMG_20200613_191301.jpg

Back Right - BRitney (3)
IMG_20200613_191308.jpg

Front Right - FRancine (4)
IMG_20200613_191319.jpg

Last edited:
Back