Lighting New Cidly Apollo 4 LED - Custom

more details? im sure google would explain it in a more scientific way than I can, im just a grease led monkey lol.
but heres a little snippet for ya.

Cadmium Free Quantum Dot Led’s designed and manufactured in the UK by Nanoco Technologies from Manchester.
Quantum dots are fluorescent semiconductor nanoparticles typically between 10 to 100 atoms in diameter, which is about 1/1000th the width of a human hair.
When one of these particles is excited by an external light source, it absorbs the energy and re-emits the light in a different colour depending on the size of the particle. Therefore, by tuning the size of these particles, one is able to control the colour of light emitted to any colour in the spectrum.

yeah the Aquarium version sounds very tempting to convert. what whites id use? well, we have already tested two types, one with the highest peaks of red in it and the same for the blue one.
Just use Weins law to convert what white temperature peaks the most of what colour you want. Nm into Kelvin basically and yeah I think white(s) would be capable of providing enough light for plants. Maybe not all species tho but that's where CFQD (Cadmium Free Quantum Dot ‘Nano Crystals’) LED Grow Lights come in as they can be changed to whatever colour/nm/kelvin you want, when you want and for how long you want it for....now that's what you call a truly adaptable grow light.

When I got my apollo 10 I had them send me an extra power supply with the unit, they use the 30 - 50 v 650mA pictured.
View media item 6153All you would need to do is remove the PCB plate and replace it with a cob in each location. You could even do every other one, staggered or whatever you like. Each PCB basically has its own power supply, as long as whatever you replace it with is in the correct voltage range. Could even add a 36v 3590 and a 9v 1304 in series in each location, for 45v total, maybe use a 3000k 3590 and a 5000k 1304 to give a little blue boost, whatever your heart desires!!!

848e050a7f0ddb582708896154480fb5.jpg

This seems look cool

niiice find bro. Philips luxeon rebels. the real deal. bout time osram had some serious competition. lol.

good question. all depends on area etc..but my overall opinion is that GN's rebel led is doing a fantastic job at proving Philips are quite capable of out doing Ze German Osrams in the 'Gramm yielded per watt used' comparison.
My moneys on Phillips being the better, but you don't see many pre built LED grow lights with them. or maybe you do? its been a while since I trudged about the led market.

I think that I'll build one light myself.

just a bit confused:
found that MS0006 rebel upgrade has:

30 LED Module

2 cree cool white xm-l2
4 hyper red running (ssl150) in center and 6 cree 630nm around edges in triangle.
10 hyper red ssl80 around edges (flower additions)
6 cree xp-e red 630nm around edges in triangle.
4 Luxeon 630nm Red - in rectangle oblong vertically next to cree xp-e at edges. (flower additions)
2 Rebel ES M4R bin royal Blue
2 Warm white CRI95 2700k

but somewhere else found that it has:
18x deep red LXM3-PD01-0350
4x royal blue LMXL-PR01-0500
2x 2700k LXM8-PW27
4x 5000k LXW8-PW50
2x 720nm ELSH-Q61F1-0LPNM-JF3F8 - Far Red 715-745nm

so what is actually right?

one module will cost me about $25 each
driver about £30 each
heatsink no more then £15
and two fans £20 max for both
some bits and bobs and together for six module diy light I'm not gonna pay more then: £350
that is still cheaper then HS1 and it is about six times more powerful !!!

Brilliant info, go for it bro, will be very cool to see. what case are you going to use? bung it all into a Apollo case? or a custom one? if so, Chrome it dude, lol, ive always wanted to see one in chrome.

916fa564624f32b84eedfa34fcd38a30.jpg

This is about best spectrum I can get for very reasonable price...
Would that be any good?
It's missing Infra...
Also think I can swap some deep red for red
If I build one I would just do it with no case. Simple pcb mounted on heatsink and there fan on heatsink.
Leds would also have lens.
Actually all this could be fitted into Apollo6 easy it's just shame to do it because bit of dremel would have to be done...

Back