Lighting New Cidly Apollo 4 LED - Custom

I've just found this :
http://www.yujiintl.com/custom-led-printed-circuit-boards

I'm just wandering how much it would cost to let them build rebel upgrade module from GN and fit it to apolllo light.
Or even choose something better if exist.
These lights then would be immortal...
2080744c424b8ee3b52e7b3c348c0072.jpg

I've recently spoken to Lydia and she confirmed that drivers in aquarium and classic Apollos are identical.
So really you can only fit more whites in cause in total you have 12 instead 15.

Im still wandering where to get rebel upgrade from...
GN had to make it somewhere and wherever they had it done they should still have drawings or maybe even mcpcbs.

I still think that Apollo6 / Ms0006 with rebel upgrade is best light ever made.
And if we can source that board somewhere then it would be great!!

Maybe some cobs?

@LED Borg
Yee seen this thread about 20 times hehe...
I was thinking about same rebel upgrade as GN did.
Not diy.
Let someone do it.
I can't diy good quality mcpcb myself. Can you?

maybe back in my uni days but now? nahh, your right, get somebody else to do it. plenty of manufacturers out there.

@LED Borg
well I've done few pcbs myself in school but never made any mcpcbs and I just think that it would be much easier to find out who actually made these rebel upgrade for GN and source it from them.
I understand it will be pricey but you pay for what you getting and I don't think there is something better.
GN will start selling some new lights this year I'm quite excited what they come with this year.
I think if they will just stay with Modular series and offer upgrades that would be best...
Anyway I've received my Apollo6 yesterday and so far I'm very happy with them.
I can't find any thermal paste so ordered one.
Been advised somewhere that it's worth to change it to something better as cidly using some cheap sh*t. Not confirmed, just saying what I've heard.

Anyway have to say that it took only week since I've ordered lights from Lydia till they arrived to my doors.
Only one thing disappointing me and that's VAT I had to pay. But this is something I can't do anything about.

9ab7afc0990ede48790888dc550944cd.jpg

This is how they look like in my new wardrobe.

nice, I do like those types of leds, sort of nostalgic to me now.
And that heat transfer paste cidly use is normally the white sticky goo type, I had spoken to a rep many moons ago about this but its just not cost effective for them to change to the silver.
But..they may have now improved the quality of the white stuff...dunno.. its been ages since I stripped a new Apollo, all the ones I changed to silver artic paste months ago havnt come back! lol.
goes to show, that white shite they use was almost the downfall of their company, all those led failures, all down to the thermal paste.
And human error aswell. 'not soldering the led in straight so its contact to the heatsink is not perfect' being one of them.
Good to see theyre still going tho. might have to dig mine out again and just put 12 whites in each module instead of 15,. simple to bridge the empty holes with wire to keep the circuit intact.
nice plants by the way dude.

Cheers LED Borg
I think they do aqua series where there is 12 leds per module as standard so no messing around...
What colours would you choose if you would pick whites only?
Do you think you can cover all plants need just with whites?

yeah the Aquarium version sounds very tempting to convert. what whites id use? well, we have already tested two types, one with the highest peaks of red in it and the same for the blue one.
Just use Weins law to convert what white temperature peaks the most of what colour you want. Nm into Kelvin basically and yeah I think white(s) would be capable of providing enough light for plants. Maybe not all species tho but that's where CFQD (Cadmium Free Quantum Dot ‘Nano Crystals’) LED Grow Lights come in as they can be changed to whatever colour/nm/kelvin you want, when you want and for how long you want it for....now that's what you call a truly adaptable grow light.

Can you please provide more details on that mate

Back