Lighting New Cidly Apollo 4 LED - Custom

Check out this site, will give you a good idea what different LED's will do to your spectrum. I would definitely do different for the insides and the outsides if thats an option. With a 15 diode module, for the outsides (VEG) do something like 7 660 red, 2 625 red, 3 6500k white, 1 450 blue and 2 10000k white.
For the middle (bloom) Id do 4 2700k white, 1 6500k white and the rest 660 reds.
If you wanna do them all the same Id do something like 8 660 reds, 1 450 blue, 1 10000k white, 2 6500k white and 3 2700k white. I dont remember exactly what the limit is on the blues/whites for these but I think its 5-6 / module.

http://www.bmlcustom.com/custom-led-strip/

Cidly's Apollo6 can be configured just about same as GN MS0006 from that I've found so far...
Apart from that it can't have Rebel upgrade. ( possibly You can get Rebel upgrade from GN and DIY it Yourself ? )

Also Apollo6 can have two switches to control modules separately - 2/4/6.

That leads me to idea having custom spectrum of: two middle ones especially for bloom and four modules on site to have mixed spectrum ( possibly Hansbricks layout ).

what would be Your suggestion on this guys?

View attachment 527104
lights in yellow circle to be focused to bloom,
green circle both veg+bloom

thanks for very interesting thread
I'm going to order two of these Apollo6 in few weeks, just waiting for suggestions.
Cheers man, yeah the great thing about these Apollo's is how customizable they are. I like your idea of having a different spectrum for each switch (veg/bloom). There's plenty of different configurations listed in this thread to get suggestions from... let us know what you end up ordering. :thumbsup:

Also for just a few dollars more, they will send a couple extra LED modules and an extra power supply, then if you have a failure, you can fix it quickly instead of waiting for parts to arrive from china. I had a module go out and when I took it apart to replace, I found that there wasnt very good contact between the LED unit and the heatsinks, so I redid all mine using arctic silver and Im sure there is much better cooling now, havent had any issues since then.

spot on about using artic silver compound paste, its the nuts, been using that for years, for pc cpu's mainly but now, leds. works a treat, my leds are still going strong.

a2466c2a223929f60b116072fec47ebf.jpg

This is what I've just ordered.

I was only wandering if anyone know where from to source "rebel upgrade" which was for GN lights.
There has to be place to buy it from.

Should work but theres some changes I would make it if its still possible. Id dump the 14000k whites for 6500s. Put one 450 blue per module and as many whites as you can. Id probably do 2 6500's and 3 2700's. Also ditch the far red, 2700 has red built in.

oooo they wont like that. lol. "no enough power, too many whites" an all that jazz, work out the forward voltages first bro, to see if the power driver in that unit will power them.
ive put in all whites once at 5400 Kelvin, 15 per board, running off that 90W meanwell power driver they use
at the time I assumed that I had 90 watts to play with, not 45,<2 modules attached . 45 w per module> so soldered them all in just to see, and they all flashed like a disco light lolol
you would think they just wouldn't work, but nope, disco stu was here for you on that day. lol

Yeah, I think they do have an 'aquarium' version that uses higher powered drivers so you can go with more whites, if I remember correctly....

Yes they have but then you only have 12 leds per module

ah the aquarium leds! nice call treeman, lots of high demanding leds there, cool whites and blues. but limited to only 12 leds per module?
could you not use that aquarium power driver to drive a 15 led module then? if its higher powered?
even if all 15 whites were still over the capabilities of the driver, couldn't you just pop a few low voltage using leds in the mix?, to lower the overall forward voltage of the module?
ie some red 630s and 660s which I think have lowest forward voltage ratings.
I also wonder if the drivers inside the Aquarium leds are the same as grow northern had in their Ms series led? apologies for so many questions peeps!

Back