Nelsons Balcony

R.I.P.

6 March 2013 Last updated at 12:58 ET
Alvin Lee, rock guitarist in the band Ten Years After, dies at 68
_66232982_alvinlee464x300.jpg
Lee became acclaimed for his guitar solos at Woodstock in 1969
British rock guitarist Alvin Lee, a member of the band Ten Years After, has died aged 68. :toke:

6 March 2013 Last updated at 12:58 ET
Alvin Lee, rock guitarist in the band Ten Years After, dies at 68
_66232982_alvinlee464x300.jpg
Lee became acclaimed for his guitar solos at Woodstock in 1969
British rock guitarist Alvin Lee, a member of the band Ten Years After, has died aged 68. :toke:

Superb Musician, I saw him many times in the early seventies (was still touring up until late last year) RIP!

I know for certain that he held you in the highest regard, both as a person and as a breeder.

I was just thinking of him again yesterday. A friend has a swampy area on his property and we're going to do a couple swamp tubes in there this summer. Nelson always did swamp grows using old tires. I was going to hit him up for some advice.

Hey Muddy..he Loved us too...:hug:..at least I Think that is a Nelson Compliment

:cough:

Last edited:
Ten Years After has always been a favorite of mine. Cricklewood Green and Watt still frequently find their way into the CD player. I also enjoyed some of the more blues oriented solo work he did later on. Love in the Woodstock movie when someone put a water melon on stage and picks it up, puts it on his shoulders and walks off. Another who will be missed.

Superb Musician, I saw him many times in the early seventies (was still touring up until late last year) RIP!

I'm very sorry I didn't read this throughly! :eek:

I've been wanting to get in here and talk about my friend Nelson, but up until now, it's just been too difficult. His loss still is too close to the surface. But let me give it a go.

I first met Nelson about 3 1/2 years ago when he joined The Marijuana Forum. I had been a member there for awhile and was just promoted to Super Moderator. Being a couple of old farts, we sort of fell in together. We became fast friends and many a night would be PMing back and forth, discussing a variety of topics. Nelson was a liberal, I'm a conservative. We discussed growing, politics, shared life experiences and in general had fun and enjoyed our selves. After I became an Administrator on TMF I promoted Nelson to a mod position. However, he didn't see eye to eye with the other admin, Astra, and eventually Astra not only took his mod position away, he banned Nelson. This really upset me, but I let some time pass and was finally able to get his ban lifted. When Astra continued to undermine me I finally decided to leave. I had joined AFN shortly after it was formed, but wasn't a very active member. That's when I made the decision to come here full time. When I left TMF, not only Nelson, but also Jackal, Smashed, and about 10 other members also left and joined me here. I've never forgotten the loyalty that Nelson and the others showed during that time.

Nelson suffered from SADS. Every winter when the days would start to shorten and his condition would ramp up, anything little thing seemed to set him off. So I would have to get him settled down and convince him to stay. It almost became comical and I could predict when it would happen. Sure enough, sometime around last December I got a PM from saying he was taking some time off the forum. When I reminded him that this was the 4th winter we were going through the same thing it seemed to bring everything into perspective for him and he was okay after that.

Nelson was diagnosed with brain cancer about 8 years ago. When the Canadian health care system wasn't able to provide him with the needed treatment they sent him to Boston for specialized care and picked up the tab. Because of the treatment he received he was a big fan of the nationalized Canadian system. When the heath care debate here in the US started we spent many hours discussing the pros and cons of both the US and Canadian systems. Like a lot of US citizens, I was woefully unaware of what was happening with my northern cousins. Through my conversations with him I learned a lot. While he didn't change my mind, in the end I think we both learned a lot.

We also discussed the US Presidential election at great length. Nelson had a somewhat slanted view of what was happening here in the US as he was only getting news from the major media outlets, which are for the most part, left biased. I would point him to other news outlets where he could find alternative view points. While I was never able to convince him to become a conservative, he did come to realize that conservatives were not the two headed demons that they are often portrayed as in the major media.

Nelson had a big heart and was always willing to help someone in need. The Smashed Christmas Fund Raiser was his idea. In retrospect I think he might have known his time was short and wanted to do something of importance with the time he had left. He was very proud of the support his idea got and the outpouring of love and donations that he received from our wonder AFN members. When the money was stolen he was devastated and took money he had been saving to buy a new LED and sent it to Smashed. In fact, the last post he made was to tell us he was digging his car out of the snow so he could go to the post office and check up on what happened.

Good friends are hard to come by and when you find one, you are truly blessed. Nelson was my friend and I feel honored that he considered me to be his friend as well. I am thankful for having had the opportunity to know him. Here's to you my friend, you are missed. :buds::smokebuds:

Obviously a very good soul mate! RIP Nelson.

If there is a heavenly jukebox, let's just pray this is on there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGV-CBhnC1w

:peace:

Mike.

Nelson
the mj forum seems sooooo long ago but now it seems it wasn't long enough

still working on that old man skunky socks cross auto(w/ alittle Black Magic Dragon thrown in for auto luck) for ya brother but honestly now it will never be finished knowing it will never live up to the standard of what you got now
but i am still gonna call it nelson or maybe nelsons feet hehehe

When i saw this post i thought it was from long ago but w/ all the continuing posts i thought maybe your wife updated or something anyhow
I didn't want to post because the post would be tooooooooooo lengthy and not load for me:)
but you know we have already said our peace and this was just to really throw goodby in writing just alittle grafiti i carved into your balcony:)

not that my opinion matters much but you did make the world a better place for the ones around you

I`m not able to get on here much lately, but, once things pick up(both healthwise and financially!), I hope to spend more time catching up!:joint:...but, unfortunately, I aint gonna get t`catch up with m`pal Nelson........Miss ya fella:smokebuds:... :peace: Bro...

nelson you ar totally missed, and the sun is still shining for u my brother!

Hey hey Nelson, came by to see if you wanna blaze up a bit:smokebuds:. Mind If I pull up a cloud, bud:buds:. Mak
Make sure you keep a tight watch on your family and extended family at AFN:thumbs:I know you are though.

Back