Lighting needing lighting upgrade advice

autocobs. Ya can’t beat them or the CS. Check out cobshop.net pm @BigSm0 about shipping to Canada.

Do you like this girl under Mars COB?
COB.jpg

At the moment, LEDs on PCB aka Quantum Boards gives you the best efficiency aka more lights per watts. For your 5ft height, they are perfect as they are flat and around a few cm thick with heatsink. Spread will be great. They require a small amount of DIY work. Most boards are squarish and should work well in your tent. You can dim them however you wish too. Best bang for the buck imo. Just do some reading and head over to Alibaba if you wanna save $. Otherwise, I'm already seeing rebranded QB vendors on AFN. Go to them for advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the moment, LEDs on PCB aka Quantum Boards gives you the best efficiency aka more lights per watts. For your 5ft height, they are perfect as they are flat and around a few cm thick with heatsink. Spread will be great. They require a small amount of DIY work. Most boards are squarish and should work well in your tent. You can dim them however you wish too. Best bang for the buck imo. Just do some reading and head over to Alibaba if you wanna save $. Otherwise, I'm already seeing rebranded QB vendors on AFN. Go to them for advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, currently i just bought a second light of what i already have, but ill probably still be looking to upgrade again later in the future.

hello all! im looking for some advice on a replacement grow light. im currently running a viparspectra v300 reflector series lamp. i recently upgraded to a slight larger grow tent at 32"x32"x63" and am looking to upgrade my grow lamp to something powerful enough to cover this grow tent size that will be suitable for both single and dual plant growing. im looking for something in and around the 300 dollar canadian range. sadly yhe platinum p300 is out of range since here its 570 dollars, and cobs are not a go as i dont have the height to hang them properly.

im not overly familiar with what budget brands are considered to be really good. im currently thinking of something like the vipar spectra par450 dimmable series. or even the vipar spectra v600 reflector series( would this lamp be okay for both single and dual plant grow in my tent size, or would it be to powerful for single plant).

Looking for some info and suggestions on either of those lamps as well as any other well recommended lights in my price range.
Cannon_IG_10_21.jpg

I think my light is exactly what you're looking for. It's 240 Watts at full power, 2.0umol/J, heatsink temperature 120 degrees Fahrenheit at full power. You can 100% max out your 32" x 32" with almost no heat for $319:smoking: Check out my AFN forum and my IG @blacksailfarm for more info and wattage + temperature tests. Hit me up if you have any questions brotha!

have you looked at Optic LED? i just got an Optic 2 a couple days ago so i cant speak to its performance but there are good reviews and two of the youtube channels i subscribe to run them with good results. price is reasonable as well.

I ended up just buying a second vipar spectra 300 for now. So just going to be running the two of those for the time being. I'll perhaps look at upgrading further in the future. Nice to see there's so many good options out there

Back