Lighting needing lighting upgrade advice

Reaction score
hello all! im looking for some advice on a replacement grow light. im currently running a viparspectra v300 reflector series lamp. i recently upgraded to a slight larger grow tent at 32"x32"x63" and am looking to upgrade my grow lamp to something powerful enough to cover this grow tent size that will be suitable for both single and dual plant growing. im looking for something in and around the 300 dollar canadian range. sadly yhe platinum p300 is out of range since here its 570 dollars, and cobs are not a go as i dont have the height to hang them properly.

im not overly familiar with what budget brands are considered to be really good. im currently thinking of something like the vipar spectra par450 dimmable series. or even the vipar spectra v600 reflector series( would this lamp be okay for both single and dual plant grow in my tent size, or would it be to powerful for single plant).

Looking for some info and suggestions on either of those lamps as well as any other well recommended lights in my price range.

Why not try the autocobs? I use Roleadro 200w cob works pretty good. I would get another lamp and run them both, rather than one big one.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

do cobs need as much headroom as you think ? Rollin hasnt got a lot of space to play with if i remember :dang:
:pighug:

do cobs need as much headroom as you think ? Rollin hasnt got a lot of space to play with if i remember :dang:
:pighug:

i had been looking into and readng up on cob lights. but everything i had been reading everyone is saying to hang them about a meter above plant canopies. they definitly need to be hung higher then standard led from what ive read. i do see that the roleadro 400w cob light is onlt 139 bucks, seems almost to cheap ha ha. i guess its listed as 400 but actually pulls 200 watts from the wall.

Last edited:
thoght it would appear these roleadro cobs are a blurple style cob and not the white light that i have seen in more expensive systems. the hanging specs for these cobs seem to be the same as regular led lamps. now im going to really have to start looking up some revews on these. there definitly in my price range and seem simple in design.

Why not try the autocobs? I use Roleadro 200w cob works pretty good. I would get another lamp and run them both, rather than one big one.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

hey do you happen to have a link to a grow youve done with those cheaper cobs? id really like to see what the results were. you have me tinking really hard now

Save your pennies and get the p300 if that's what you want.. better still.. get a Skyline :smoking: I know it's not the answer your looking for but if u go the extra few bucks now you won't have to upgrade again for a long time annnnnd the first grow will more than pay you back for the light.. just something to think about bro :biggrin:

Save your pennies and get the p300 if that's what you want.. better still.. get a Skyline :smoking: I know it's not the answer your looking for but if u go the extra few bucks now you won't have to upgrade again for a long time annnnnd the first grow will more than pay you back for the light.. just something to think about bro :biggrin:

the platinum p300 is very interesting to me. seems like an extremely well built light. but would it be enough power for my grow area and to do 2 plants at a time well withought causing problems if i want to stick with just one plant?

the platinum p300 is very interesting to me. seems like an extremely well built light. but would it be enough power for my grow area and to do 2 plants at a time well withought causing problems if i want to stick with just one plant?

I think it would be perfect in your space M8.. around 2.5ft square your space is yea? I think that's the space its recommended for by platinum.. you can get all details on their site. It would absolutely do 2 plants from other p300 grows I've seen on AFN.. not sure you would get 2 plants in that space though cuz the platinums seem to grow em big!!

Back