New Grower my first grow...cfl 150w

so many different types of lights ontop of that brands,its so hard to narrow down a choice of 729.i only ever used LED but managed to to through 4 of them in 5 years.
no need to go crazy with much more than 2x150w cfl unless the electric is very cheap.
LED,COB is the future and used a lot less lecky,but some units can be pretty spendy.
get a grow under your belt,have a smoke and a good think about next grow.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Hiya!

During bloom, get that CFL bulb as close to the plant as possible. Like 2-3 inches. CFL have to be close, or they're ineffective af.

Good luck!

Day 45 tangerine dream

Attachments

• WP_20180515_016.jpg
    WP_20180515_016.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 108
My best advice would be to browse this whole site. All your answers are mostly here! I have done whole grows with cfl and to be honest it's depressing ifyou have the wrong kind of cfl. Distance is the most important thing. So is spectrum and actual watts. Your leaves most likely wouldn't even brown if they touch the bulb so they can be incredibly close. You need reflectors as well. And some mylar on the side.... i do not suggest topping with cfl only LST. Unless it's one top early on. Your plant looks good for cfl so congrats on that. The same size could be acheived with a 30 dollar 45w led light tho so you could really be growing huge plants! Happy growing!

Back