I'm a huge fan of what you call the Jam-Band. I figure that there will be more than enough to post them that they will always receive good coverage. I'm still just a young 48 and I like to stay as current as possible if for any other reason just to show up the grand-kids. I'm always searching for that new jam. And of course, raising those very same grand-kids the same way I raised my two children on all the classics/standards from the 50's to today.

My biggest surprise is the electro genre from House, Minimal, and Glitch-Hop to Dubstep and everything in between it truly is brain candy. That said, Floyd, Skynyrd, and Zeppelin will always be my comfort food per-say.

Thanks for the reply, GG! Jam bands are what they seem to call this kind of music these days.......I just call it music! Like you, I taught my children well and will my grandkid when she is old enough. It's funny, this kind of music is out with most kids today.....I don't think they have the attention span to listen and appreciate songs over three minutes long, lol! Especially when the idiots at "Rolling Stone" calling jamming "showing off and musical masturbation." The kids today don't realize the rich musical heritage that is available to them. This was truly the "Golden Age of Rock and Roll." Peace.

Link to Live Archive: https://archive.org/browse.php?collection=etree&field=creator........you will find all sorts of live rock music there from great to poor. there are thousands of downloadable GD, Phil Lesh Band, Dead and Company, and Furthur. With the GD, you can screen the concerts that are downloadable from the sound boards easily. here are a few of my favorites: Joe Russo's Almost Dead; the best of the GD tribute bands, IMHO. These guys have all played with one or more of the various bands the surviving members of the GD have formed. Their lead guitar player is frickin' incredible! They have been playing Dead music for over 4 yrs now and they are tight and polished as can be. Extremely good listening! Other bands on there you might enjoy are Assembly of Dust, Strangefolk, North Mississippi All-Stars, Little Feat, Max Creek, String Cheese Incident and Moe. Hope you find some things you like!

Thanks bud!! Will look into this tomorrow!

Hi ozone69! Don't know this band but with ex members of the Police and King Crimson they must be pretty good! Will check it out. Have you heard King Crimson's "Live in Chicago 6/28/17? This is a superb concert....one of the best I have heard in years from KC. They use 3 drummers! See also KC "Live in Toronto-2015 which is also excellent. Been following your exploits on the stoner food thread.......boy, you guys can cook......and eat!

Back