Great choice @912GreenSkell! Left us way too soon........like a lot of other good folks. Can you imagine what he might have done had he lived?? By the way, thanks for the strain ideas.....they are on my list!

Forgot something.....why is that not a surprise?? I saw Jimi and the Experience live in Charlotte, NC when I was a junior in high school with my best friend and future stoner bud. This would be 1967......we were totally blown away! The strange and funny thing was that he was opening for.....hold on to your ass.....The Monkees LOL!! He played three or four songs but the young girls were screaming "We want Davy[Jones} so loud that you could barely hear him. After that, he gave the audience the finger and stalked off stage.....little knowing he had helped create two future heads and jam band lovers!!

Forgot something.....why is that not a surprise?? I saw Jimi and the Experience live in Charlotte, NC when I was a junior in high school with my best friend and future stoner bud. This would be 1967......we were totally blown away! The strange and funny thing was that he was opening for.....hold on to your ass.....The Monkees LOL!! He played three or four songs but the young girls were screaming "We want Davy[Jones} so loud that you could barely hear him. After that, he gave the audience the finger and stalked off stage.....little knowing he had helped create two future heads and jam band lovers!!

Hahaha....what a great story bud!! Jimmi is and always will be the greatest guitar player!! All hail the mighty one!!

Noob here. What an interesting thread! I don't have a video to post but being an old fart of 68, I must admit that I haven't heard of 3/4s of the artists I've seen on this thread. That said, I'm a huge fan of jam band music and what is now called "classic rock". As you can gather from my avatar, that includes the Grateful Dead. Also, bands like the Allman Brothers, Phish, Assembly of Dust, John Butler Trio, King Crimson, and the Jefferson Airplane. In fact, the main reason I started smoking MJ 50 years ago was how it made listening to music so much better!
If you folks don't mind, I would like to flip the music question around a little, both out of interest and to help me make a strain selection when I start my first grow. Question is: What strains of MJ do you find enhances your music listening experience the best? Thanking you in advance for your input.
I'm a huge fan of what you call the Jam-Band. I figure that there will be more than enough to post them that they will always receive good coverage. I'm still just a young 48 and I like to stay as current as possible if for any other reason just to show up the grand-kids. I'm always searching for that new jam. And of course, raising those very same grand-kids the same way I raised my two children on all the classics/standards from the 50's to today.

My biggest surprise is the electro genre from House, Minimal, and Glitch-Hop to Dubstep and everything in between it truly is brain candy. That said, Floyd, Skynyrd, and Zeppelin will always be my comfort food per-say.

Yes I am interested for sure!!
Link to Live Archive: https://archive.org/browse.php?collection=etree&field=creator........you will find all sorts of live rock music there from great to poor. there are thousands of downloadable GD, Phil Lesh Band, Dead and Company, and Furthur. With the GD, you can screen the concerts that are downloadable from the sound boards easily. here are a few of my favorites: Joe Russo's Almost Dead; the best of the GD tribute bands, IMHO. These guys have all played with one or more of the various bands the surviving members of the GD have formed. Their lead guitar player is frickin' incredible! They have been playing Dead music for over 4 yrs now and they are tight and polished as can be. Extremely good listening! Other bands on there you might enjoy are Assembly of Dust, Strangefolk, North Mississippi All-Stars, Little Feat, Max Creek, String Cheese Incident and Moe. Hope you find some things you like!

Back