Grow Mediums Mom’s GlueberryOG, GorillaOG, AutoPot, AutoCob, Coco Grow

I checked on the ladies today after their 500ppm feed yesterday. I see some growth and all looks good, except they are still looking a little "neon" light green to me. I am afraid to give them a christmas feeding today.....ouch this coco. over fed, under fed~ mom is confused! I think my next grow I might do the super soil "no nutes just water" method! :shrug:
1225171108b.jpg

Last edited:
I checked on the ladies today after their 500ppm feed yesterday. I see some growth and all looks good, except they are still looking a little "neon" light green to me. I am afraid to give them a christmas feeding today.....how long does it take for nute burn to actually appear from overfeed?

View attachment 843389
Let them dry out ( not completely dry) between feedings. Lifting the pot with your hand will help you to know when they are ready for more but unless you are growing in small pots I doubt you need to feed them daily. My guess would be at the size they are now is they do not need anything for 4 or 5 days

Take a photo of the girls before a feeding and then a photo 12-24 hours later and compare the colors. Take the photo from the same angle and same light then its easier to compare. They change color quickly in coco/hydro, if you feel they still are pale, turn up the ppms some more. If you just raising with 50ppms a day/every second day there is alot of time to pause when you feel satisfied with the color of their foliage.
I would not recomend raising that quickly if you cant keep an eye on them a few times a day.

I want to clearify i have just done 2 coco-grows so take my advices with a grain of salt.

Welcome Samwell!
Hmmmm....I thought AN sensi ph perfect was supposed to control the ph and keep it around 6? I was just messing around experimenting and I mixed up a batch of distilled water calmag, voodoo juice then added ph perfect sensi grow last...and the damn ph was 7! Good thing I am consistently checking. PPM only came out at 350, is that a little low at this stage, or is it ok? Will update tomorrow, day 15 :biggrin:

No! You (and seemingly most others) have it wrong. Adv. Nutr. pH Perfect base nutes do not "control, " adjust or buffer the pH of feed solutions. In fact, the feed solution pH doesn't matter -- that's the whole point of pH Perfect [as long as you start with RO, distilled or other low enough salts/ppm water and don't add too much additional non-AN-feed-schedule high ppm/salt additives; a good reason to do cal, mag and silica supplementation by foliar feeding].

The pH Perfect technology makes the AN schedule recommended nutrients more bioavailable over a wider pH range, with the base nutes being better quality chelates and easier taken up and used, with pH variations not affecting this. Adjustment of pH with pH Perfect base nutes means you're adding more salts; weakening and counteracting the pH Perfect functionality.

I haven't checked pH in years. I use Eastern US river-sourced tap water at about 225-240 ppm (probably worse than recommended), pH ~7.4, with no pH adjustment, just bubbled >12 hours. I see no deficiencies, excesses or lockouts usng AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Coco Bloom A&B from sprouting till harvest (following a modified simple TaNg schedule).

No! You (and seemingly most others) have it wrong. Adv. Nutr. pH Perfect base nutes do not "control, " adjust or buffer the pH of feed solutions. In fact, the feed solution pH doesn't matter -- that's the whole point of pH Perfect [as long as you start with RO, distilled or other low enough salts/ppm water and don't add too much additional non-AN-feed-schedule high ppm/salt additives; a good reason to do cal, mag and silica supplementation by foliar feeding].

The pH Perfect technology makes the AN schedule recommended nutrients more bioavailable over a wider pH range, with the base nutes being better quality chelates and easier taken up and used, with pH variations not affecting this. Adjustment of pH with pH Perfect base nutes means you're adding more salts; weakening and counteracting the pH Perfect functionality.

I haven't checked pH in years. I use Eastern US river-sourced tap water at about 225-240 ppm (probably worse than recommended), pH ~7.4, with no pH adjustment, just bubbled >12 hours. I see no deficiencies, excesses or lockouts usng AN pH Perfect Connoisseur Coco Bloom A&B from sprouting till harvest (following a modified simple TaNg schedule).
Hi, thank you!! When I was using Recharge it said the same thing. Do not worry about PH and do not adjust.... So much to learn!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Take a photo of the girls before a feeding and then a photo 12-24 hours later and compare the colors. Take the photo from the same angle and same light then its easier to compare. They change color quickly in coco/hydro, if you feel they still are pale, turn up the ppms some more. If you just raising with 50ppms a day/every second day there is alot of time to pause when you feel satisfied with the color of their foliage.
I would not recomend raising that quickly if you cant keep an eye on them a few times a day.

I want to clearify i have just done 2 coco-grows so take my advices with a grain of salt.
thank you so much sweetie. I did up their feedto 500ppm and see a little difference today. I also am starting the res and airdomes today....and kept the feed at 500 for now and will watch them.

Last edited:
DAY 18
I took a chance and turned the res and airdomes on today for the (3) girls. Filled res with 3 gallons of distilled water, 1ml/L cal/mag, and 1.5ml/L sensi grow a & b. Little Auto Jack was hand watered with 1/2 cup distilled water and recharge (after I took the photo). I dont know...I am just not one of those folks that digs dealing with coco. I will finish out this grow the best I can, but I think my next grow might just be an autopot super soil setup~ Just add water! (LIKE THIS MAYBE?)

GORILLA OG "A"

1226170853b.jpg

1226170853d.jpg

GORILLA OG "B"
1226170853e.jpg

GLUEBERRY OG
1226170854.jpg

LITTLE AUTO JACK
1226170854a.jpg

GROUP SHOT
1226170853.jpg

Attachments