Grow Mediums Mom’s GlueberryOG, GorillaOG, AutoPot, AutoCob, Coco Grow

Stupid question;

Are you using AutoPot setup sordove like a hydroponic setup or irrigation? Ebb and Flow?
hey PEACE....
:welcome:
There are no stupid questions, its a learning process. Trust me, I have asked a million questions....its how we learn:biggrin:

I am using a 4 pot "autopot" system....it is a gravity fed auto water system. Right now I am using it in the house inside my tent...but I love the system so much and since they do not require electricity I am going to use it on my porch this summer and do an "outside grow" with them. Here is a little video that shows what it looks like and how you set it up. EASY!!

Last edited:
I have been doing a lot of thinking about my next grow which I wanted to be "outside" this spring. I kind of just wanted to write it down here for my review...and also for my peeps to give their opinion/thoughts/recommendations.

Even though MJ is now legal to grow in MA I want to be careful. My house is not really that private from front or back. I really dont have anywhere to grow without stinking up the neighborhood, and most neighbors here seem pretty "uptight". The law says they can not be visible, and that they have to be in a locked enclosure. yeah, right. So....I have an enclosed screen porch on the house. The roof is solid, but it gets lots of sun and a nice breeze in the summer through the 7 windows. I think I will try a "porch grow" and see what happens. It is enclosed, it is private, and it will be safe...it will not be a true "outside grow" so to speak, but at least I dont have to worry about torrential rains, animals (which my area has A LOT OF) things like that. Also, if mass has one of their unexpected weather situations they will be safe. And... I can at least give my electric bill a break for a few months!

What I really wish is that I had a back deck that was private so I could put them out there.
But as my grandpappy used to say...."Well, you can wish on one hand in crap in the other and see which one gets filled first!"

I want to grow (4) autos and (2) photos. I will be germinating the seeds inside around the end of april then putting them into their final pots the end of may. the autoflowers will go into their autopots filled with coco and be on the res, and the photo period ones will go into 5 gallon pots filled with super soil so I do not have to worry about nutes. (I have not figured out recipe just yet) when the autoflowers are about a month from finish I will start (4) more auto seeds to plant when they are harvested. I am hoping to grow 8 autos and 2 photos by next October. I am so excited, yet scared!!

Last edited:
In California we cannot grow outdoors if it can be seen at all from any direction and since building codes only allow 6' fence in backyards neighbors can easily see over them. So outdoors is out. The main reason for this part of the law is all of the crime it can initiate. Bad guys see your plants and assume you have lots of cured buds and cash on hand and that spawns trouble. I would think twice about what your planning just one bad delivery person can lead to trouble.

In California we cannot grow outdoors if it can be seen at all from any direction and since building codes only allow 6' fence in backyards neighbors can easily see over them. So outdoors is out. The main reason for this part of the law is all of the crime it can initiate. Bad guys see your plants and assume you have lots of cured buds and cash on hand and that spawns trouble. I would think twice about what your planning just one bad delivery person can lead to trouble.
Thanks hon, yes, even thought it is legal (so to speak) one still must be very careful.
I am still contemplating what to do. There is another entrance to our house that is used for guests, mail, deliveries~ the side porch is locked and "just for us". My autos never get that big anyways. A big key is keeping it quiet, tell no one. Loose lips sink ships. I am also going to have flowers and ferns in all the widows along with the mj ladies. I ave a few months to think it over....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of getting myself a 4 pot 15l kit next week for my loft room.
Has anyone used biotabs with these pots ? Would it work with a bottom watered pot ?

[Edit]
Sorry @massmum didn't mean to post as a reply I meant to start a thread :)

Last edited:
Your doing really well in the coco and the ladies are flurishing @MassMom . I'm catching up now as I got the tent up so now I just have to put in the Autpots.
20180104_144002.jpg
20180105_181224.jpg
20180105_181242.jpg

I am really enjoying the Gorilla Glue OG's....the spacing between nodes is large and lots of light comes through. I started a little LST yesterday and this morning the girls have already adjusted and growing upright again. I think I am going to re-arrange the girls pots so that little Jack is in the front and I can keep my eye on her...Gorilla OG "A" in front of her is getting pretty big.:biggrin:

Wow, it is -15 today here with the windchill. My heat is having hard time keeping up in the house, and tent temps were dropping to 70. I put another CFL in the tent to keep temps at 77. I LOATHE winter. :nono:

Today I am going to clean and fill the res today with 3 gallons distilled water, 1ml/L Hydroguard, 1ml/L b52, 2ml/L CalMag & 2ml/L Sensi Grow.

0105181019.jpg

0105181020a.jpg

0105181020b.jpg

Gorilla OG "A", LARGE AND LUSH!
0106180918.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all.
I'm thinking of getting myself a 4 pot 15l kit next week for my loft room.
Has anyone used biotabs with these pots ? Would it work with a bottom watered pot ?

[Edit]
Sorry @massmum didn't mean to post as a reply I meant to start a thread :)
Hi Evean!! welcome!
I think there are folks that use biotabs in autopots.....I have not checked into them yet, but let me look around the site and see what I can find for you
:pass:

Hi Evean!! welcome!
I think there are folks that use biotabs in autopots.....I have not checked into them yet, but let me look around the site and see what I can find for you
:pass:
Hi. Thanks:)
I've done a bit more reading since and it seems they work well.
Order my 4 pot 15l kit and air pump today.
Hopefully be here next week to give it a go :)

Back