Mephisto Genetics Mephistos and Cobs - Ignorance is Bliss Grow

You should review @autobeast thread about topping autos he is the source for that knowledge. There is a great thread about manifolding on the beginers website growweedeasy.

Dude beast helped me with topping my first plant back on another forum a while ago :thumbsup:

He gave me the courage to top my first autos - :cheers:

Haha small world mate :pass:

I do think topping autos is good with the right strains. But I also think some strains don't need topping. Bit of leaf tucking and a good light source and the right plant will be happy to become a multi cola'd monster!

Again though, part of my reluctance is undoubtedly my fear due to lack of experience!! :crying:

Haha small world mate :pass:

I do think topping autos is good with the right strains. But I also think some strains don't need topping. Bit of leaf tucking and a good light source and the right plant will be happy to become a multi cola'd monster!

Again though, part of my reluctance is undoubtedly my fear due to lack of experience!! :crying:

I agree. @hippy71
Breeders here on AFN specifically recommend no topping and leaf tucking only on some of their strains.
Fim'ing and Topping of Photo strains was and still is awesome. Especially the hybrid strains with tons of genetic vigor to give and time to give it
I personally fim'd my first auto with great success. It yielded 3 large colas instead of 1. I do wonder if my buds would have been bigger if i would have left it alone and grow at a faster non stunted rate?
I just leave it to the expert breeder who have grown these plants hundreds if not thousands of times to tell me if training is recommended or not!
:smoking:

Gonna jump in on the pro-topping train :amazon:. After this current grow I see that training can contribute greatly to bud quality and yield (especially with good genetics and grow setup) of plants if done correctly. My encouragement were @budelee 's topics :bow:.

Gonna jump in on the pro-topping train :amazon:. After this current grow I see that training can contribute greatly to bud quality and yield (especially with good genetics and grow setup) of plants if done correctly. My encouragement were @budelee 's topics :bow:.

Training is different from topping. I say bend them biatches over! I am all for Training!
cf925a990cdda3654710833d05fab0f0.jpg

Don't know if I would agree, I put all those things under training, just see a difference between low stress and high stress training, were topping would be high stress :2cents:. Our plants can take a lot more punishment then most people think, especially with good genetics and conditions.

Don't know if I would agree, I put all those things under training, just see a difference between low stress and high stress training, were topping would be high stress :2cents:. Our plants can take a lot more punishment then most people think, especially with good genetics and conditions.
I was referring to the thread i quoted. :thumbsup::coffee:

Back