Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

Day 57 Sam’s Crack .....

Thanks everyone for checking .... The next three weeks should prove interesting

Buds are swelling and getting frosty .....
- I’m noting some light frost on larger leaves and smaller leaves at buds are flipping coated - Like sugar crystals .....

Think we still have 20 or more days to go .....

Temps mid 70s with all four stations reporting RH 50ish .... VPD within range .....

5602EA15-CC69-4EFE-8690-6081BAAB2FCA.jpeg

Front Left - Cola far top right, dim back there without lights on .... Buds you are seeing are on side ......
63CA2EB2-F872-4657-A8F1-E1EE4F9D34F3.jpeg

Sam with neighbor Gold Glue who has some healthy buds herself, firm and sticky but not even close to Sam ....
99B95AFC-17FA-497A-8163-F47D4FC28626.jpeg

Overhead View ... stopped counting sites at 20, ran out of fingers / toes .....
2134422E-3206-43C1-B6EC-3AEF675FD0BC.jpeg

Frosty Leaves all over .....
47663C29-5066-43DF-AEE6-146AC1FA5105.jpeg

Frost on larger fan leaves, light frost albeit.....
DE0517EB-9BF3-43ED-BBE5-258E04DA11DE.jpeg

Thanks for looking, I LOVE AFN.

Peace
OB

Attachments

• 3E502AAA-E27D-47C6-BD8B-01ACB458445C.jpeg
    3E502AAA-E27D-47C6-BD8B-01ACB458445C.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 8BC4B3D7-100F-4E42-89C2-0E5C57E4A97D.jpeg
    8BC4B3D7-100F-4E42-89C2-0E5C57E4A97D.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 84051E1D-4EF0-4C20-84C0-5343AD1CB32E.jpeg
    84051E1D-4EF0-4C20-84C0-5343AD1CB32E.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
Just keeps getting more and more impressive! Great growing sir! :greenthumb::d5:

Thanks a lot Bro, and soon you ..... :shooty:

Couple ??? for ya .....

Is the frost on bigger leaves good indicator of quality forthcoming?

Do you think 3 more weeks or? Ones I seen have went 67-68 days but no way in another 10-12 days!

Third question / comment: I’m seeing like little nubs grow out of the bud and then they get hairs and the bud kinda grows into them, is this the flower building size I’m seeing, it’s like they have pimples on them? At first I thought male pollen sacks but that’s not right is it? Like on 3 Bears and even Goldie I see hairs coming from buds but no real nubs?

ATTENTION LOS GROWERS:

Size up your pots if possible - grow two ten gallons instead of three seven gallons .... Sam’s Pot is much larger than Goldie’s Pot and even though two different strains size does matter, size up ....

Thanks for stopping by / encouragement and in advance for answer(s).

Peace!

Day 57 Sam’s Crack .....

Thanks everyone for checking .... The next three weeks should prove interesting

Buds are swelling and getting frosty .....
- I’m noting some light frost on larger leaves and smaller leaves at buds are flipping coated - Like sugar crystals .....

Think we still have 20 or more days to go .....

Temps mid 70s with all four stations reporting RH 50ish .... VPD within range .....

View attachment 1034087

Front Left - Cola far top right, dim back there without lights on .... Buds you are seeing are on side ......
View attachment 1034101

Sam with neighbor Gold Glue who has some healthy buds herself, firm and sticky but not even close to Sam ....
View attachment 1034103

Overhead View ... stopped counting sites at 20, ran out of fingers / toes .....
View attachment 1034104

Frosty Leaves all over .....
View attachment 1034106

Frost on larger fan leaves, light frost albeit.....
View attachment 1034113

Thanks for looking, I LOVE AFN.

Peace
OB
I think that is just the structure of Sam's it is building buds most likely. I would guess 2 weeks left, but she is very green and large. These can make things go further. Start checking trichs this week. Get an idea of where you stand. It is a big ass plant. You don't want to take it too early, but also forcing big plants to go longer can result in changed smells, tastes, effects, and potentially mold/bud rot on large plants. Sam looks big, and thick. I would personally pluck a few bottom leaves here and there and thin out a little bit of the fan leaves. This will promote better airflow and give more light to your buds. I know you have been taking stuff off, so go at your own pace. But when I have 2 weeks left, I start to thin things out little by little. This makes trimming a little easier when it is time. And the plants don't mind it at this stage if you don't go crazy. Very impressed, keep it up! Peace, slow

Thanks a lot Bro, and soon you ..... :shooty:

Couple ??? for ya .....

Is the frost on bigger leaves good indicator of quality forthcoming?

Do you think 3 more weeks or? Ones I seen have went 67-68 days but no way in another 10-12 days!

Third question / comment: I’m seeing like little nubs grow out of the bud and then they get hairs and the bud kinda grows into them, is this the flower building size I’m seeing, it’s like they have pimples on them? At first I thought male pollen sacks but that’s not right is it? Like on 3 Bears and even Goldie I see hairs coming from buds but no real nubs?

ATTENTION LOS GROWERS:

Size up your pots if possible - grow two ten gallons instead of three seven gallons .... Sam’s Pot is much larger than Goldie’s Pot and even though two different strains size does matter, size up ....

Thanks for stopping by / encouragement and in advance for answer(s).

Peace!
Couldn't tell you on the fan trichs, some strains do it, some don't. As for frost, to me it's nice to look at, but I've had some less frosty looking plants that stumpfuckered my brain. And super frosty plants like double grape that aren't so crushing.
I would check the trichs, and see where they are at. I like to get some ambers, but all cloudy is just fine. They will ripen in the cure some too. If the trichs are mostly cloudy, 2 weeks or less. Mostly clear probably 3 or more.
I take most plants to 75ish days, some 90-100 for sativa doms.
By the looks of your buds I'd say 2-3 weeks to go. Need a close up to be sure though.
As for quality, I'd say you'll get the best possible that the strain can achieve.

Third question sounds like foxtailing, a close up bud pic would help here as well.

I think that is just the structure of Sam's it is building buds most likely. I would guess 2 weeks left, but she is very green and large. These can make things go further. Start checking trichs this week. Get an idea of where you stand. It is a big ass plant. You don't want to take it too early, but also forcing big plants to go longer can result in changed smells, tastes, effects, and potentially mold/bud rot on large plants. Sam looks big, and thick. I would personally pluck a few bottom leaves here and there and thin out a little bit of the fan leaves. This will promote better airflow and give more light to your buds. I know you have been taking stuff off, so go at your own pace. But when I have 2 weeks left, I start to thin things out little by little. This makes trimming a little easier when it is time. And the plants don't mind it at this stage if you don't go crazy. Very impressed, keep it up! Peace, slow

OK I’m on that trimming .... took a few yesterday but will continue, just that I goofed early on and took too many at once, don’t wanna do again so probably a little gun shy, I get a little,more focused .... important times coming down now .... I’m also,attempting to give a little more light but as is evidenced by other Sam Grows, she i

Took couple popcorn plus about 25 leaves, will do more tomorrow- I’m stressed now, hehe. .....

Thanks slow,
Peace

image.jpg

OK I’m on that trimming .... took a few yesterday but will continue, just that I goofed early on and took too many at once, don’t wanna do again so probably a little gun shy, I get a little,more focused .... important times coming down now .... I’m also,attempting to give a little more light but as is evidenced by other Sam Grows, she i

Took couple popcorn plus about 25 leaves, will do more tomorrow- I’m stressed now, hehe.
Couldn't tell you on the fan trichs, some strains do it, some don't. As for frost, to me it's nice to look at, but I've had some less frosty looking plants that stumpfuckered my brain. And super frosty plants like double grape that aren't so crushing.
I would check the trichs, and see where they are at. I like to get some ambers, but all cloudy is just fine. They will ripen in the cure some too. If the trichs are mostly cloudy, 2 weeks or less. Mostly clear probably 3 or more.
I take most plants to 75ish days, some 90-100 for sativa doms.
By the looks of your buds I'd say 2-3 weeks to go. Need a close up to be sure though.
As for quality, I'd say you'll get the best possible that the strain can achieve.

Third question sounds like foxtailing, a close up bud pic would help here as well.

Cloae ups .... thanks for help!

This is getting exciting!

Keep her Pacing OB, just keep her pacing like you have the last 60 days, OB (talking to myself).

This is a side bud / top ones about same except larger .... I don’t see a lot of hairs yet
8F97469C-5FF3-4645-93D1-E44F1112142E.jpeg

8AB7EC92-6D08-4CB6-90F0-0961DCE184DE.jpeg
958558EC-5AF4-450D-AF54-80DBD4A7258A.jpeg
39EAB4A2-0B18-4475-AE2D-E5988EFA5D41.jpeg

Took couple popcorn plus about 25 leaves, will do more tomorrow- I’m stressed now, hehe.

Cloae ups .... thanks for help!

This is getting exciting!

Keep her Pacing OB, just keep her pacing like you have the last 60 days, OB (talking to myself).

This is a side bud / top ones about same except larger .... I don’t see a lot of hairs yet View attachment 1034164

View attachment 1034160 View attachment 1034161 View attachment 1034162
Looks kind of like what my Forum Stomper did. I call it rosebudding, but I think it's just how some strains foxtail. Don't believe you have anything to worry about with it. Hopefully someone that knows what they're talking about chimes in.
Rosebuds are really lovely, only seen it a few times in my growing days.
Based on the buds in pic I'd say closer to 3 weeks till done. Still mostly white pistils, but really the trichomes tell you the story.

Looks kind of like what my Forum Stomper did. I call it rosebudding, but I think it's just how some strains foxtail. Don't believe you have anything to worry about with it. Hopefully someone that knows what they're talking about chimes in.
Rosebuds are really lovely, only seen it a few times in my growing days.
Based on the buds in pic I'd say closer to 3 weeks till done. Still mostly white pistils, but really the trichomes tell you the story.
See if you can search and find examples of 'crowning' or 'foxtailing'. I think it will develop into one of those forms. It happens when the buds are growing so tight that the new growth just shoots little fingers out of the bud. The only downside to this is when the rest of the bud is finished, and the hairs have withered and turned red, you see fresh white hairs on new growth. This often confuses folks as to when the bud is actually ripe and ready. In your case, its still early and shouldn't cause any confusion. When it happens late, I call it a gift. You actually end up with some little fingers that are 'racier' than the main bud.
hth
cheers
os

Back