Hey guys and gals,
Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.
New to Mephisto and autos. I can only grow three at a time ( don't want to be a felon in my state) and i got a photo in my box already. Here is my question. I see on the website strain guide about max yield 9 plants per 1.5 meter by so and so. I understand the SOG concept and all however i can't do that. So which Mephisto strains including Illuminautos would be best for a two plant grow in a larger room. I have a 6 array cree COB 300watt.
My experience is in DWC 2 part chemical based Nutes
Headspace is not an issue.
Along with that, i see the consensus is to let them do their thing is that correct? I have experience in LST and Fim, Defol and such.
24/0 or 20/4 or any other lighting combo someone may suggest?
Anybody doing hempy pots?

Gauge

As far as strains that's a tough one. Are you going for big plants? Indica or sativa preference? Do you want them to somewhat be similar in size? Light cycle is up to you. I run 18/6 or 19/5. I did start my last run on 24/0 and ramped down to 19/5. I love the Hempy Buckets.i usually always train with LST. Some folks are even topping Mephisto Genetics. Defoliating leafs is fine or leaf tucking.

Some bigger ladies that are great... They're all great but a few off my head that are good size and popular. SODK, Sour Stomper, Fantasmo Express (sativa dominant), Alien og, Hubbabubbasmelloscope, AvT. There's a lot honestly I could use keep making lol. Are there any that catch your eye.... so we can give some input from there.

I have Gold Glue, Grape Walker Kush, Man bear Alien Pig and Blue Toof from the recent Illuminauto coming. Im going to grow them all obviously, but why do some strains grow better bunched together instead of just separated? Why does Mephsito recommend some strains get packed in to a tent more than other and how does that effect a two pot grower like me?

I have Gold Glue, Grape Walker Kush, Man bear Alien Pig and Blue Toof from the recent Illuminauto coming. Im going to grow them all obviously, but why do some strains grow better bunched together instead of just separated? Why does Mephsito recommend some strains get packed in to a tent more than other and how does that effect a two pot grower like me?
Because mephisto grows for the purpose of breeding and selection of phenos they need to pack as many plants as possible into a given space. As @CocoHempster stated it really just depends on what you are looking for as far as plants go. If you are going for yield or a particular indica or sativa dominance.

Hey guys and gals,
Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.
New to Mephisto and autos. I can only grow three at a time ( don't want to be a felon in my state) and i got a photo in my box already. Here is my question. I see on the website strain guide about max yield 9 plants per 1.5 meter by so and so. I understand the SOG concept and all however i can't do that. So which Mephisto strains including Illuminautos would be best for a two plant grow in a larger room. I have a 6 array cree COB 300watt.
My experience is in DWC 2 part chemical based Nutes
Headspace is not an issue.
Along with that, i see the consensus is to let them do their thing is that correct? I have experience in LST and Fim, Defol and such.
24/0 or 20/4 or any other lighting combo someone may suggest?
Anybody doing hempy pots?

Gauge
I've had great success in the past doing lst and leaf tucking, in coco with excellent results. I do 20/4 for lights using hps/led combo. This past run I've had some issues with size and I believe it's due to the re used coco I've been using having too much past nutrients. In dwc I haven't done personally but I've seen some seriously absurd results, and with the cobs you'll really have a beast in your hand if you choose a larger strain.

Thanks all. Basically its exactly like photos. Pick one based on the buzz and space requi

Pretty much. Can't go wrong with any of them. The strains you listed above all should be killer with a proper grow. Just pick what you prefer and go with it. I've grown a lot of Mephisto gentetics and still can't decide myself what to grow because it's all that good.

Most people start with veg and quickly switch to bloom... I'd recommend searching for Tang's easy schedule and reading that, or looking at his other schedule.

Feeling them like you feed your photos, but not quite as strong, would be a good start probably.

Or if you want to make it really easy, grab some of GBD's super soil mix directly from Mephisto and grow with that... Water only, plus some calmag for those COBs. From personal experience, I'd suggest running Sour Stomper as a good first autoflower because its unbelievably frosty and easy to grow. With Sour Stomper, you can easily achieve 2 ounces with a few mistakes and no training. You could potentially yield a lot more with good care and a large pot.

Last note, if you run any of Mephisto's stuff in DWC, expect the plant to get a LOT larger than the Mephisto estimates. Based on the grows I have seen in this forum, a good DWC grow with a larger variety could easily yield over a half pound! I personally have not done that though.

Back