It all depends on how much aeration you want in the soil and how often you wanna water it. The more you have, the more oxygen can get to the roots and such. (If my brain remembers correctly lol.) I added a small layer at the bottom and then mixed about a quarter of the volume of the 3gal containers worth of perlite in with the soil. It's all up to you man! Have fun with it! [emoji111]
thank you. going to set up everything tomo. beans should be here. got everything we need. :woohoo::woohoo:
will post up some pics of our set up sunday after all is set up and done. might not have our grow bags yet they might not be here til monday. so we will germ over weekend and monday will be day 1 !!!!! will make a thread for a full doc. of the grow!.

I think OF and HF have the worm castings. I haven't tried the OF personally. What does the bag of castings say for applications?
the castings are local. not store brand. just says on the label "wont burn plants" literally a 5lb ziplock bag sold at arbor store lol.

we have a 1000w led. it puts off some serious light. but still not sure its quite enough. we have a few old 4 ft t5's laying around. would adding them in be over kill?
You'll need more light than that light gives off for a 4x4, it really doesn't draw 1000 watts. It has 200 5 watt chips driven at less than 20%, it draws 185 watts from the wall. I wouldn't try to grow more than 2 plants with it honestly.

You'll need more light than that light gives off for a 4x4, it really doesn't draw 1000 watts. It has 200 5 watt chips driven at less than 20%, it draws 185 watts from the wall. I wouldn't try to grow more than 2 plants with it honestly.
this 1 has 100 10w lights or dual5watt chips. plus we have 2 4tf t5 ballasts. i think 56 watts each

this 1 has 100 10w lights or dual5watt chips. plus we have 2 4tf t5 ballasts. i think 56 watts each
T5's we got are 80watt per ballast
You'll need those t5 for sure, 185 watts in a 4 x 4 isnt near enough. 400-600 of draw watts for your space would be best. You really can't go buy the advertised 1000 watts, its a huge stretch to get people to buy them. It will make you some nice flowers nonetheless.

Did you guys start a journal yet? I may have missed it if you said so

We could upgrade our t5 bulbs to 54 watts a piece for cheap & that would give us a total of 56 extra watts. & since we have three separate lights, we can move the T5's around as the plants start to bush out for max coverage

Back