New Grower Mephisto Mystery Mix. 2X4X6 Tent w/LED in supersoil(first grow)

Hey Afn!

I managed to get my hands on some Mephisto genetics mystery seeds and ohhhhh am I excited. Here are some details about my lil grow I got going on!

Space/temp : 2X4X6 grow tent , 82°f on average at about 48% humidity.

Lights : Mars Hydro 300w + kessil h150

Soil/amendments :
Fox Farms ocean forest + happy frog (about half of each) + about 30% worm castings. Bottom half in gbd supersoil mix.

Fans:
Running a ventech 4' inline fan (160cfm) + 2 6' standing fans. (Also plan to get phresh carbon filter in later flower.)

Seeds : Mephisto genetics mystery mix (no clue what strains) 4 seeds in airpots

Here are some pics. Please feel free to step in and give some pointers. I'm sure I could use some help in one way or another.

View attachment 605656 View attachment 605657 View attachment 605658 View attachment 605659 View attachment 605660 View attachment 605661 View attachment 605662 View attachment 605663 View attachment 605664

All of my plants at this point are showing pistils some more than others but much sooner than I expected. I thought the plants would grow much larger in veg. Any idea on why this is ? Or am I just being impatient?

Any help is appreciated!!!
Welcome! I'm wondering why they are so small esp being mephisto at 30 days. They do look healthy. Did you transplant them? Or do any defol? And next time you start a grow, I would add some extra perlite to the soil. Good choice on the castings! Many have complained of ff burning their girls. I started out with ff but now I use roots organics and I'll probably never switch! I just add amendments to it. I'm glad you came here to share your canna journey.

Welcome to the friendliest grow forum on internet.
Love your flowers have not run mephistos yet my next run I can't wait I love to watch others grow these beautiful strains their never disappointing from what I've seen. Well going to pull up a chair and watch you do your magic love the air pots.

Hey southerngurl!
Thanks for joining, do you have a thread on your current grow? I tend to find these newbie threads a bit more informational on some of the smaller things I may be missing. Plus I'd love to have a look and follow along if you did!

Came home to the girls last night and notice the bottom leaves yellowing and dying off on the two larger ones , I'm going to assume its a cal mag deficiency. I'm finding it more common in grows similar to mine and I kinda saw it coming:wall: Off I go to my local hydro shop for some calmag+, only wishing I went sooner. I plan to add a little extra dolomite lime to my mix on the next run to try and avoid this in the future.

What do y'all think?

View attachment 608490 View attachment 608491 View attachment 608498 View attachment 608499 View attachment 608500 View attachment 608504 View attachment 608506

The others seem OK for now but a dose or 2 calmag+ should hit the spot .

View attachment 608511 View attachment 608512 View attachment 608513 View attachment 608514 View attachment 608515
There doesn't appear to be a calmag issue. Maybe nitrogen? I see one plant with yellowing leaves. @Waira @derek420colorado what do you all think?

And as far as the size goes . I did not have any form of ventilation until about 2 weeks in. Along with overwatering I'm guessing the high temps in my tent (96°highest) may have stressed them as a seedling going into veg.

Welcome! I'm wondering why they are so small esp being mephisto at 30 days. They do look healthy. Did you transplant them? Or do any defol? And next time you start a grow, I would add some extra perlite to the soil. Good choice on the castings! Many have complained of ff burning their girls. I started out with ff but now I use roots organics and I'll probably never switch! I just add amendments to it. I'm glad you came here to share your canna journey.
No transplants, straight to the airpots. Not sure what defol is I've heard the same about people having conflict with ff. I was thinking roots organics or some Malibu next. Thanks for the advice star!
Much love!

No I haven't. Still learning to utilize the info this site beholds:baked:
Oh you'll find the path that works for you hehe. There's a ton of ways to do this. You pick what is right for you. I also heard Dr earth soil is very good too. That would be my choice if I had no roots organics. You're doing good though! I'll keep an eye on this thread and you can hang out with us in live stoners sometime! Make some friends here! There's tons of wonderful helpful people.

Back