Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

Going through and catching last of the week 3 updates. I've also started checking off week 4 updates from the last few posts.
Sorry Bush, but I've gotta back out. My work plants have taken over and the for fun plant had to be sacrificed. I'll definitely stick around to watch you guys crush it though!

To clear up any confusion on that. Generally people will use par values when calculating umols/watt rather than ppfd since ppfd can vary so much depending on distance etc. While the amount of usable photogenic light being emitted is more constant. Just semantics really... Carry on my stoner friends :cheers:

Nope, sorry bro no offense, gotta call you out ..... :shooty:

You can push 1,000,000 PAR if you wanna push enough juice at it ....Stadium Lights come to mind, they certainly are not efficient compared to LED but they push out the light ..... HPS is going by the wayside .... they PUSH PAR but at WHAT COST?

While PAR is important a plant can only handle so much and too much burns them .... Yes important but your umol/ watt is super important .....

So I’m a commercial grower and you, slick light sales guy comes in and says we got 5,000 PAR at 5 Feet ..... My first question will be what is the emol? As I can buy those used stadium lights if all I need is power .... no what I need is on my bottom line and those lights will put me outa of biz - do you,even know how much electric is in thee parts son?

emol should be used when comparing / making light choices ..... And any reputable light company will publish ..... I know for a fact HLG does just don’t know your number ..... what’s the number, think you’ll be surprised!

:pass:

:kiss:

Excellent Company ..... Innovator ..... Akin to Apple
The number we’re looking for: umol PER Watt - which means :bighug: read on please

We all know LED lights are more efficient than say a Metal Halid or a High Pressure Sodium .....

A HPS pulls 1.0 unit of umol out of each watt of electricity ....... Google umol light measure if not sure what the heck a umol, I know I scratched my head .....

HPS is used as a baseline when comparing numbers ..... The HPS Baseline Number look like this: umol/ watt:1.00 .....

Numbers above 1.0 are more efficient below is less and believe it or not there are LED Lights on market with numbers under 1 that are being sold today, names withheld to protect the innocent

Basically umol is a measurement of how much useable light is pulled from each watt of electricity .....

Curious if you have that number on your lights, it should be published. I’m sure their number is high.

To Summerize: How much light per watt does the QB emit?

The light I like to use as a single grow or auxiliary light, number is, drumroll please: umol/ watt:2.1 ..... 2.1 blows past most, blows them over brother ..... This is one of the most efficient lights in industry, so I’m thinking yours maybe even higher as you said and I agree they are a leader .... It should be published, check it out ..... You’ll find the optic 1XL number about halfway down on right ....

https://opticledgrowlights.com/products/optic-1-xl-cob-led-grow-light-100w-3500k-cob

Here hope this helps :) it’s well over 2.7 umol’s if you add active cooking and run at 6000mAh per Board (ABSOLUTE max)

These stats are for running at nominal Watts per Board at the bottom bracket (4000mah) but it can handle up to 6000mAh

We proved that through actually testing it, it can be done. That’s a long story for another day. The guys who did it run the game when it comes to DIY led anything lol

904f1f2c919ec7af7d7bbd7a972c9a5e.jpg

be83882224c6de6c581792895e0281fc.jpg

735aaf415277e431c291bdbab080ccb6.jpg

379ed729a656c1af85347a0b1a5a3514.jpg

All in that little guy :)

First chart is a single board I believe
Second chart is for 2 Boards Ran at 370W total 185w each (even tho the fixture is called the Elite 360 by HLG) but I built my own lights and use a meanwell 320H-54a driver for 2 Boards

I can dig up some more nitty gritty specs here tomorrow for u bro

ce79272ef2c3f764c70a637056327760.jpg

7a33c137098452e64862eead7efcb8eb.jpg

4ee33c2219e52e59772574aef7ca0768.jpg

That last photo is what these lights cause all my cameras to do... shits not a joke lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what the inside of a Mini Cob looks like gentleman

That’s exactly what the QB96 Elite V2 is comprised of, very small top quality mini cobs. Literally

Like I said, cobs are LEDs :)

Sorry Bush, but I've gotta back out. My work plants have taken over and the for fun plant had to be sacrificed. I'll definitely stick around to watch you guys crush it though!

Hope to see ya in the next round .... Cheers and thanks for all the likes and posts brother ..... Let’s smoke the big one, something I picked up dipuring county jail stay, Nixon Years - Thank you (NOT) .... They look like tailor mades, another jail,slang .... hey bro you got s tailor made bro ..... Blacks especially called you bro ....Whites went with Brother .... California West Coast Nam Era .... anyways enough I ramble but I’ve got history so I share ....

Peace and watch my grow, if I can keep Breaking Free between the lines she should deserving of a vote!, like they say down south .... Vote Ealry Vote Often ....

:yeah:

Nope, sorry bro no offense, gotta call you out ..... :shooty:

You can push 1,000,000 PAR if you wanna push enough juice at it ....Stadium Lights come to mind, they certainly are not efficient compared to LED but they push out the light ..... HPS is going by the wayside .... they PUSH PAR but at WHAT COST?

While PAR is important a plant can only handle so much and too much burns them .... Yes important but your umol/ watt is super important .....

So I’m a commercial grower and you, slick light sales guy comes in and says we got 5,000 PAR at 5 Feet ..... My first question will be what is the emol? As I can buy those used stadium lights if all I need is power .... no what I need is on my bottom line and those lights will put me outa of biz - do you,even know how much electric is in thee parts son?

emol should be used when comparing / making light choices ..... And any reputable light company will publish ..... I know for a fact HLG does just don’t know your number ..... what’s the number, think you’ll be surprised!

:pass:

All do respect.. I think your thinking lumens. As par is the amount of "usable light for photosynthesis" that a light puts out and is commonly used in the said measurements. Ppfd is how much of that usable light reaches the plant canopy. They are synonymous with each other . So for instance, my lights are rated at 2.2 umols/joule ppf. Which is the most common unit of measurement when speaking on LED efficiency since it is a constant . Par is litterly the measurement of how much of that ppf the plants will use.

To clear up any confusion on that. Generally people will use par values when calculating umols/watt rather than ppfd since ppfd can vary so much depending on distance etc. While the amount of usable photogenic light being emitted is more constant. Just semantics really... Carry on my stoner friends :cheers:

Just for the record... he’s 100% right :/

Ppfd changes with distance 100% thus making it an unreliable measurement when comparing lights.

If that’s what u meant anyways :/

I always go for the spectrum weighed against the wattage capabilities and footprint of any light

I only look at umol if efficiency is what I’m caring about at the moment.

I’ll have grows where I’d be willing to run a 1000W light that only put out about half that... if the spectrum was better than any other.

I’ve seen first hand what my QB96’s did to my plants... and I’ve never seen anything like it

What I’m saying is umol is 100% important for a commercial grower like you!! But not so much for a home grower without constrictions at the moment, once efficiency becomes a concern when I’m broke again,.. I’ll def add umol into my top slot for configuration

For now I’ve already got 2 of the best grow lights on earth

I hope you guys get to try these one day

I’m sure the V3 will be out next year :)

@ClydeWalters ....

TMI just need that number ....

As I thought very good numbers .... close to the Optic 1XL, close but the Optic wins that race by a nose!

QB 2.04
Optic 2.1

Also if you note there is a 2.2 number for the light but thats without a reflector, not practical, light going sideways into our eyes .... Ignore that 2.2 number your plants are at 2.04 .....

VERY VERY FEW lights go over 2 ..... Boils down to this .... You are getting a lot of bang for buck .... even simpler terms .... You,pay smidge under 1/2 in electric compared to HPS - HALF the COST to run and a diner, much finer tuned light - blows HPS outa the water ..... Anyone that owns an HPS and states they can’t afford a light with rating over 2, didn’t do well in math class ....

We know you can put power in a fixture but at what cost, good,choice in lights .... now that I know, which I already did but wanted exact number, cause I did .....

Thanks!

I always go for the spectrum weighed against the wattage capabilities and footprint of any light

I only look at umol if efficiency is what I’m caring about at the moment.

I’ll have grows where I’d be willing to run a 1000W light that only put out about half that... if the spectrum was better than any other.

I’ve seen first hand what my QB96’s did to my plants... and I’ve never seen anything like it

What I’m saying is umol is 100% important for a commercial grower like you!! But not so much for a home grower without constrictions at the moment, once efficiency becomes a concern when I’m broke again,.. I’ll def add umol into my top slot for configuration

For now I’ve already got 2 of the best grow lights on earth

I hope you guys get to try these one day

I’m sure the V3 will be out next year :)

Your lights are killer. And the giys at HLG are actually local to me and they make am awesome light. Im running the hlg 300v2 . I would have a 550 but it was out of my price range at the time and i got the 300 for $400 . Which was a steal.

Back