Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

You can do almost anything you want with autos. There are people who have journals where they've taken their autos auto of hydro set ups and then planted them in soil. What I haven't seen yet is an auto die from transplant shock. Stunt? Yes. But die? Haven't seen it yet. I encourage everyone to experiment on their own. Remember 3 years ago when they said you can't top autos? Lol. Now we top 3 and 4 times with no issue. I say try it all!

Agreed :)

I just personally have had transplant issues w autos. Wasn’t fun :/ severely stunted my yield in the end. That auto timeline man lol

But certain strains can be pretty hardy these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed :)

I just personally have had transplant issues w autos. Wasn’t fun :/ severely stunted my yield in the end. That auto timeline man lol

But certain strains can be pretty hardy these days

Indeed! I think it starts with good genetics. If you get a nice strong seedling, I feel like you can pretty much do whatever you want. I can't remember who posted it, or where, but there is a nice thread somewhere on here about transplanting and the transplanting timeline. They started in solo cups and transplanted plants st different times. Between like 7 days and 21 days. It was good info and a cool experiment. All the freebies we get from Mephisto makes it easy to grow a few plants just to play with.

Autos would never tolerate being treated like that

They are MUCH more fickle

The advantages of rapid rooters in soil are this...

You can fit 50 rapid rooters in a small humidity dome. 80% RH is GREAT for seedlings, and rapid rooters have a light rooting hormone in them actually, so it accelerates the first week of like, By I’d say 1-2 good days :)

Sonetimes soil can be WAY too hot for auto seedlings! Ocean forest is a no no for seedlings for example. But start it in the rapid rooter... let it root for 5-7 days, and boom! Ur seedling can now handle the ocean forest more readily.

That’s just one example of why their good for soil. Their also good for space conservation when propagating..

I run large numbers of plants... so I actually DONT want to have to spread T5 lights out over a 4x4 space because I started all my seeds in their soil pots... as autos HATE being transplanted. If you interrupt the initial taproots race str8 downward, it effects the height and width of your plants later on in life. Fact.

So that’s why I use them.

But there’s SOOO many ways to skin a cat lol

No tap root my transplants - autos do not need a tap root - tap roots needed on an Oak Tree or Alfalfa Plant but not an Auto .......

If doing a lot of plants I can understand using the plugs but mine is quality over quantity- I want the bigggest baddest buds, bud!

I am now using RootMaker Pots and they prune the roots and eliminate the tap root ..... as for transplant shock I haven’t had issues as they pop out and pop into new hole - no issues yet but auto experience limited - outdoor gardening extensive so I bring some of that experience inside ..... I make a hole around the pot, pull out and gently push out plant and slip into hole and slide plant down into new home and then I just have to gently, with both hands, GENTLY set transplant down .... then just a spray mist around and into back to tent ..... my soil is already at or near field capacity so only a little mist on top and away they Grow!

FA9C7EC8-4916-4674-B4E7-E79F949620E9.jpeg

Attachments

• C61177A8-6C49-4F40-A47D-38AAE8DD432C.jpeg
    C61177A8-6C49-4F40-A47D-38AAE8DD432C.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 53
Not to argue, but I’ve seen the research in autos and their taproots

I highly recommend you try at least one of your autos with zero transplant. And see if it shows any visible difference:)

Just a thought.

I personally have seen them stunt due to interrupted taproot growth. They stayed SUPER short and didn’t branch out like the same exact other strains grown with zero transplant In their life. Started in 3gal SP’s.

This was just my personal experience tho, I’m sure my climate is WAYYYYY diff than urs

We struggle with extreme cold here, so I think growing here makes things a bit more fickle

I always get better results when I avoid transplant with autos. Thats just me and my cold weather grow style tho

I’d be SOOOOOO happy to hear that I could start my autos in solo cups and not run any risk at all.

If u get a nice straight long taproot, then let it branch out, you end up with the POTENTIAL to get huge plants. That’s all I wanted to point out. Root structure is directly related to above ground plant structure.

Photo plants don’t exibit this sensitivity, that I know for sure. But I’ve seen it first hand with my Lowryders

Indeed! I think it starts with good genetics. If you get a nice strong seedling, I feel like you can pretty much do whatever you want. I can't remember who posted it, or where, but there is a nice thread somewhere on here about transplanting and the transplanting timeline. They started in solo cups and transplanted plants st different times. Between like 7 days and 21 days. It was good info and a cool experiment. All the freebies we get from Mephisto makes it easy to grow a few plants just to play with.

I love ❤️ Mephisto and their way of doing biz .... best in the biz, in my opinion .....

I remember about 8 years investigating autos were out but their reputation was not so good .... Now dang why grow a photo when you have guys like Mephisto turning out these wonderful autos!

Not to argue, but I’ve seen the research in autos and their taproots

I highly recommend you try at least one of your autos with zero transplant. And see if it shows any visible difference:)

Just a thought.

I personally have seen them stunt due to interrupted taproot growth. They stayed SUPER short and didn’t branch out like the same exact other strains grown with zero transplant In their life. Started in 3gal SP’s.

This was just my personal experience tho, I’m sure my climate is WAYYYYY diff than urs

We struggle with extreme cold here, so I think growing here makes things a bit more fickle

I always get better results when I avoid transplant with autos. Thats just me and my cold weather grow style tho

I’d be SOOOOOO happy to hear that I could start my autos in solo cups and not run any risk at all.

If u get a nice straight long taproot, then let it branch out, you end up with the POTENTIAL to get huge plants. That’s all I wanted to point out. Root structure is directly related to above ground plant structure.

Photo plants don’t exibit this sensitivity, that I know for sure. But I’ve seen it first hand with my Lowryders

Brother absolutely zero issues :pass: ...... I have done several seeds into dirt, in fact I use a two inch piece of old paper towel tube and make a little pot inside the big pot and that helps keep from drying out and easy to water around the paper towel 2-3” inch stuck down into dirt and you never flood the girl out of her home ... oh yea been there and done that ....

Now let me kick the ball back to you .... Why not try a RootMaker Pot?

None of my four battle girls showed any signs of stunted growth that I could see ..... think issue folks have is their transplant method, not so much autos don’t like transplant as a good transplant job, auto shouldn’t even know it happened, gentle ❤️!

Top Left is Break Free Sam’s Crack .... Bottom from left to right is Sricky Jane Gold Glue .... Middle is Cream Puff Strawberry Nugs and far right is Goldilocks 3 Bears ....

DFA90728-DF2A-4DC5-94D4-7D91FC156966.jpeg

This AM removed training pegs from Break and now she is Free (to grow vertical) .... Gonna be some huge buds :toke: - I’m thinking

2F062566-62C4-44FB-ACC8-C36E5F5F9D2B.jpeg

Last edited:
Brother absolutely zero issues :pass: ...... I have done several seeds into dirt, in fact I use a two inch piece of old paper towel tube and make a little pot inside the big pot and that helps keep from drying out and easy to water around the paper towel 2-3” inch stuck down into dirt and you never flood the girl out of her home ... oh yea been there and done that ....

Now let me kick the ball back to you .... Why not try a RootMaker Pot

I would have to say, because I don’t know what a rootmaker Pot is lol

I’m always willing to try out a new method.

Which is exactly how I ended up with 10 hempys and 7 custom soil mixes lol

I hear ya bro, never stop trying and never take the reason as “We’ve always done it that way” .... that is the lamest excuse in the world .... “ We’ve always done it that way” .....

No Silly Rabbit - “Think Different”

https://rootmaker.com/

:bighug:

Last edited:

I start all my photo period plants in 1 gal root maker pots. I use 2 gal pots for autos sometimes as well. Awesome product and my fav pot by far.

@Prophetiko They do super good job ..... I’ve known and understood root prune from garden and often used a wood fiber pot that prunes the roots and you just plant into dirt, pot and all, unlike a peat pot the roots actually grow thru the pot .... if your peat pot has drainage holes, it’s a peat pot but if it doesn’t have drainage holes then it’s either solo cup :headbang: or a root pruning pot ..... here’s the pots I use in the garden http://www.fertil.us/ ..... but I wasn’t sure they would work with my first dirt which was FFOF and HF mix so I used my paper towel method .....

I then investigated and found RootMaker and tried, I Flippin love them ....

Back