Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

If all I gained was some experience, that's a win in my book. I, so far, believe the 1000 watt LED was just to close to the plants, even at the 18" height. Since backing it off to 24" they have perked up some and seem to have some new green growth. Thanks for wishing me well though, really enjoying this forum!

May wanna move up even a little more, try 36” and see what happens - you can always lower but once burnt, not much to reverse action .... had my LED at the 18-21 inch when I first started and burnt the girls .... with today’s LED intensity can be insane ..... I now have a PAR Meter and have a much better understanding of where light should be!

I was just asking if they were all you planned on using for the entire grow or if you planned on adding extra or supplemental lighting for flower. As you said it's hard to tell with genetics playing such a big role in plant development. And even strain don't mean much with all the phenotypes. I got a gorilla glue that's extremely short and tight node spacing next to a ultra lemon that's lanky and sativa dominant looking both under the same 600watt led. I miss the reliability of cloning knowing exactly what the plants gonna do but theres somthing exicting about poping a seed and seeing what ya get lol. These auto seed companies got the best buisness model being that 1 seed grows one plant no more.lol.

One seed one plant, nice biz model and then they discontinue a strain and come out with new ..... Discontinued Strain was a nice one so next strain you see / like, you stock up cause you don’t want to get shut out again and not have the strain so you stock up .... then another new strain comes out and you buy and almost forget about your special strain you stocked up on ... oh yea, heck of a biz model!

If all I gained was some experience, that's a win in my book. I, so far, believe the 1000 watt LED was just to close to the plants, even at the 18" height. Since backing it off to 24" they have perked up some and seem to have some new green growth. Thanks for wishing me well though, really enjoying this forum!
What's the actual watts consumed and drawn from the wall? Even 24" for seedlings and early veg might be to close with alot of LEDs having IR and UV. I start high and work my way down. Usually 30" for baby's then 24 for veg and 18 for flower. I can usually tell if there to close by the leaves looking kind of wrinkled and stressed. I look for nice green soft flat leaves sometimes even praying a bit. Better to play it safe then to hurt the plant.

What's the actual watts consumed and drawn from the wall? Even 24" for seedlings and early veg might be to close with alot of LEDs having IR and UV. I start high and work my way down. Usually 30" for baby's then 24 for veg and 18 for flower. I can usually tell if there to close by the leaves looking kind of wrinkled and stressed. I look for nice green soft flat leaves sometimes even praying a bit. Better to play it safe then to hurt the plant.

My exact sentiments brother - better safe than sorry .....

Easy to see and repair leggy growth - in fact a little leggy growth at first maybe desirable if doing some LDT Training, right? I’m asking don’t know but anyways ......

BURN them babies and that CANNOT be corrected, plants are stunted, period .....

A PAR Meter will tell you exactly how much light you are receiving at that point .....

But then there are the plant tolerances and likes - so arbitrary saying 27 inches in X Stage doesn’t really mean much unless you know your PAR and the plant likes .....

For example take a look at the width difference of the leaves between an Indica and Sativa - an Indica, I believe don’t quote me as I’m not that smart, but “I think” Indica can take more light, I will research or maybe someone has that answer and will post but no matter, each plant is different .....

Additionally they found PAR Readings around 500 micromoles produced nice plants but readings around 700-800 produced best bang - bigger plants for extra energy / light dollar spent - yield / cost .... these are commercial growers I’m talking ..... but the biggest buds where found when light ranges hit 900-1200 even up to 1500 on some species and around 1700 was the strongest light a few select could handle .....

So my logic was, after experimenting with a lumen meter and burning such a high value crop myself and getting some education on the matter I opted for a PAR Meter and now have confidence in where and how high I hang my light ..... My new babies have gone from 250 micromoles to around 350 micromoles now and are responding well and best thing is I’m confident I’ve got them where they like to be at this age! But I’m going to the basement to check on them now ....

Best of Grows to All.

My exact sentiments brother - better safe than sorry .....

Easy to see and repair leggy growth - in fact a little leggy growth at first maybe desirable if doing some LDT Training, right? I’m asking don’t know but anyways ......

BURN them babies and that CANNOT be corrected, plants are stunted, period .....

A PAR Meter will tell you exactly how much light you are receiving at that point .....

But then there are the plant tolerances and likes - so arbitrary saying 27 inches in X Stage doesn’t really mean much unless you know your PAR and the plant likes .....

For example take a look at the width difference of the leaves between an Indica and Sativa - an Indica, I believe don’t quote me as I’m not that smart, but “I think” Indica can take more light, I will research or maybe someone has that answer and will post but no matter, each plant is different .....

Additionally they found PAR Readings around 500 micromoles produced nice plants but readings around 700-800 produced best bang - bigger plants for extra energy / light dollar spent - yield / cost .... these are commercial growers I’m talking ..... but the biggest buds where found when light ranges hit 900-1200 even up to 1500 on some species and around 1700 was the strongest light a few select could handle .....

So my logic was, after experimenting with a lumen meter and burning such a high value crop myself and getting some education on the matter I opted for a PAR Meter and now have confidence in where and how high I hang my light ..... My new babies have gone from 250 micromoles to around 350 micromoles now and are responding well and best thing is I’m confident I’ve got them where they like to be at this age! But I’m going to the basement to check on them now ....

Best of Grows to All.

You mean like this?

I was figuring out where to set these insanely powerful QB96’s and my Sour Crack didn’t like it. The first two single blade leaves. Rest looks nice after lifting my light about 6”

15b069fc6b065309a691b5ae7ec90169.jpg

Tents only got Mephisto’s in it now! Just cut down my last Lowryder :)

20a59cafefc3f1dfe2db67b42e78d65b.jpg

Excited because now I can dedicate these lights the way I want to, no more full 320Watts needed for Veg lol. Not with these lights

I’m getting PPFD in the low thousands without even trying, at 18” no less. Amaaaaazing for 162WATTS per light lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok everyone this is staying a Mephisto Grow as an Independent Battle so we'll be posting your weekly updates in here and tagging me. Some of the other battles will be posted into the Biggest Grow Battle and those team leaders will be copying your updates into the other closed threads and will reopen at the finals for voting polls.
1) @Padawan1972
2) @Only1Sky
3) @the green bandit
4) @jb_moviefan
5) @Need4Weed
6) @Archaic
7) @F.N.
8) @Kya Knight
9) @Wawashell
10) @Rwg111
11) @Hypathetical Gardener
12) @Moabfighter
13) @Uro germ
14) @STILLSMOKIN
15) @midIN
16) @Quentin3176
17) @Jc420bigbud
18) @Conrad Poohs
19) @Prophetiko
20) @Tiny Bubbles
21) @MrOldBoy
22) @Andrew lange
23) @Dabber
24) @IzzyTheGrower
25) @High'n'Dry
26) @Steviestash
27) @DGrowgirl
28) @Mavadines
29) @ZaneMcgyver
30) @KonopCh
31) @Readzer
32) @slowandeasy
33) @Robbie714
34) @DABaracuss
35) @puggle6
36) @stedimed
37) @ClydeWalters
38) @Cotton46
39) @bluntz
40) @TreyDogg
41) @Weedstress
43) @ColoradoDreaming420
44) @AJrexxx
45) @Tyler_Durden88
46) @Farqual
47) @SOOTDAWG

Good deal.

Are there any other comps I could enter in the next week? I’m about to drop 5-7 more beans and figured I’d throw up a flag :)

Thx Bush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back