Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

@bushmasterar15 My week 1 update with some new germs as well. My first grow hasn't started the greatest, including some fungus gnats. Seedlings are stunted and somewhat discolored.
IMG_20190203_102115.jpg
Northern Cheese Haze
IMG_20190203_101215.jpg
Deez Nuggs
IMG_20190203_102352.jpg
sweet n sour
IMG_20190203_103037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just upgraded my setup after meeting @Moabfighter in real life.

That was a neat experience! Grabbed a Deez Nugs seedling from him, and I’ve got room for about 5 more good plants in this 4x4!

Sure with I had this before the battle started!!

I’d have had 12 plants to choose from instead of 7 lol

fd4dbe2f8e0ee5c3732f58e18dba1775.jpg

Hrmm.... guys what to grow next? I like variety :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are them lights the only lights your running?

Are them lights the only lights your running?

For now. I don’t need anymore running until they get bigger. I have a 600W (245 from the wall) LED hung up but pulled to the side.

My intentions are to get two more QB96 Elite V2’s though.

Running all 4 lights at 162Watts each at about 16-18” for a perfect 1000ppfd across that entire canopy space almost corner to corner. These lights are phenomenally versatile.

There’s Veg testing going on with them because of the extra red diodes, th results so far... TIGHT TIGHT nodes :) @or_gro does a heck of a job over on GC if anyone’s interested

I believe I am one of the only people ever to run seedlings underneath them. All my battle plants were grown this way.

Their 2.5” tall, some not even. and side branching is started already on 3 of my plants. Win! I’ve never ever seen that before..

Maybe that’s just Mephisto genetics tho ;)

So these 2 are impressing me so far they are 9 days from soil both 3 inches tall and are growing quite a bit better than the last run i did with these seeds. I was worried using these seeds because of my last run which was my 1st time using mephisto seeds and the start with them was very rough n eventually the plants recovered but so far this time no issues n they are kiking! Sour livers and toof decay
20190203_145326.jpg
20190203_145108.jpg
20190203_145054.jpg

Hope they improve!
If all I gained was some experience, that's a win in my book. I, so far, believe the 1000 watt LED was just to close to the plants, even at the 18" height. Since backing it off to 24" they have perked up some and seem to have some new green growth. Thanks for wishing me well though, really enjoying this forum!

So these 2 are impressing me so far they are 9 days from soil both 3 inches tall and are growing quite a bit better than the last run i did with these seeds. I was worried using these seeds because of my last run which was my 1st time using mephisto seeds and the start with them was very rough n eventually the plants recovered but so far this time no issues n they are kiking! Sour livers and toof decay View attachment 1010216 View attachment 1010217 View attachment 1010218

Color me impressed, too!

For now. I don’t need anymore running until they get bigger. I have a 600W (245 from the wall) LED hung up but pulled to the side.

My intentions are to get two more QB96 Elite V2’s though.

Running all 4 lights at 162Watts each at about 16-18” for a perfect 1000ppfd across that entire canopy space almost corner to corner. These lights are phenomenally versatile.

There’s Veg testing going on with them because of the extra red diodes, th results so far... TIGHT TIGHT nodes :) @or_gro does a heck of a job over on GC if anyone’s interested

I believe I am one of the only people ever to run seedlings underneath them. All my battle plants were grown this way.

Their 2.5” tall, some not even. and side branching is started already on 3 of my plants. Win! I’ve never ever seen that before..

Maybe that’s just Mephisto genetics tho ;)

I was just asking if they were all you planned on using for the entire grow or if you planned on adding extra or supplemental lighting for flower. As you said it's hard to tell with genetics playing such a big role in plant development. And even strain don't mean much with all the phenotypes. I got a gorilla glue that's extremely short and tight node spacing next to a ultra lemon that's lanky and sativa dominant looking both under the same 600watt led. I miss the reliability of cloning knowing exactly what the plants gonna do but theres somthing exicting about poping a seed and seeing what ya get lol. These auto seed companies got the best buisness model being that 1 seed grows one plant no more.lol.

Back