Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

@bushmasterer15 week 6 update 3bears x sour livers starting to stretch some and introduced bud explosion last feed [emoji41]
89ad195aefa2edbd6c9693c7350f6d41.jpg
9f8b84aece0e6616e6ce22001c94c06c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The dunks contain a bacteria that infects insect larva and gives them fatal tummy aches.

Can I dissolve this in water and then water my plants with it . I'm curious about these things .I don't have an issue now but you never know .I have used neen oil in the past but it never killed what was in the soil

I like those screens too. My light was to low and I think that was burning up my leaves raised it and much more green now than before.
2019-03-13 210229.jpg

I killed off forum stomper. She was wasting time. Switched my dual autopot for a single base and we are back in the game. Spread out this samsquanch now just see what she does.

@Archaic :headbang:

Just saying myself, prefer Neem Oil / Cake / Powder over Dunks ..... and here’s why:

Neem an organic solution that not only exterminates pests but benefits the plant and PREVENTS those devils and a host of other pests ......Neem is used both in soil mixes, sprays and compost to feed the worms along with valuable supplements like Karanja, barley, kelp, alfalfa and other good stuff .....

Here is just one reference but I can fill page as to why - Seriuosly just check out what Wikipedia says about Neem as an Insect Killer and be sure to read where it benefits guess who, WORLD’S BES T GARDENER - The Earthworm .... Since I subscribe to growing in Living Soil I am Flippin all over Neem ....

Wikipedia Reference:

“Formulations made of neem oil also find wide usage as a biopesticide for organic farming, as it repels a wide variety of pests including the mealy bug, beet armyworm, aphids, the cabbage worm, thrips, whiteflies, mites, fungus gnats, beetles, moth larvae, mushroom flies, leafminers, caterpillars, locust, nematodes and the Japanese beetle.[3][4] Neem oil is not known to be harmful to mammals, birds, earthworms or some beneficial insects such as butterflies, honeybees and ladybirds (ladybugs in US English) if it is not concentrated directly into their area of habitat or on their food source. It can be used as a household pesticide for ant, bedbug, cockroach, housefly, sand fly, snail, termite and mosquitoes both as repellent and larvicide.[2] Neem oil also controls black spot, powdery mildew, anthracnose and rust fungi.”

Peace

:pass:

I use Neem oil, it's ok though not as effective from my experience. It's also extremely toxic.

Before I went to autopots I had a lot of trouble with gnats. I tried neem oil with limited success.

I had much better luck with diatomaceous earth, although it's not as good at eradicating an ongoing infestation as it is in preventing one. If you use DE from day one a top dressing you'll probably never need anything else.

Now I use dunks in my autopot reservoir and I have not seen a gnats in months.

Last edited:
Can I dissolve this in water and then water my plants with it . I'm curious about these things .I don't have an issue now but you never know .I have used neen oil in the past but it never killed what was in the soil
It doesn't dissolve but you can break it up I just put one in the bucket I keep my water in there meant to be thrown in a pond or standing water you have outside to kill mosquit

I use Need oil, it's ok though not as effective from my experience. It's also extremely toxic.

Before I went to autopots I had a lot of trouble with gnats. I tried neem oil with limited success.

I had much better luck with diatomaceous earth, although it's not as good at eradicating an ongoing infestation as it is in preventing one. If you use DE from day one a top dressing you'll probably never need anything else.

Now I use dunks in my autopot reservoir and I have not seen a gnats in months.

First let me say you have a super well thought out grow room ..... growing hydro I’m glad it works but if you have soil neem works, period, when used right ....

Gnats are most often associated with overwatering and diatomaceous earth may help, may not, may miss them, like a mine field ....

Wikipedia info was limited so I challenge anyone interested to research:

Suzanne Wainwright-Evans .....

She would care to differ .....

28 year Cannabis Pest Consultant .... UoF Degree, Smithsonian Institute Speaker, just a few accolades .....

Search Web:

Suzanne Wainwright-Evans

Study - Listen to Podcasts - Lots of Free Info

Challenge me to do same, show me published supporting evidence Pro Grower uses Dunks, mind is open but it needs evidence, preferably with a .edu extension.

Peace

I like those screens too. My light was to low and I think that was burning up my leaves raised it and much more green now than before.View attachment 1028546

I killed off forum stomper. She was wasting time. Switched my dual autopot for a single base and we are back in the game. Spread out this samsquanch now just see what she does.

Sorry post meant for @ColoradoDreaming420 - Sorry @TreyDogg

What size space and what power lights do you have .... how far away light / plants .... do you have a PAR Meter?

Moving them down should help but are they too far, or still too close? If no to PAR Meter then the manufacturer info and PAR Spread chart should help .... also,what kind of plants, indica or Sativa based, Sativa strains usually can’t handle as much light, thinner leaves meant to soak up less light, not more that’s why they are thin, I suspect - Stoner Science.

Back