I'll have to take a reading on my feed. It must be up there I suspect 1,800 - 2,200 ppm. I am trying to get more into them. My slurry test is wicked low. pH is spot on 6.4 but ppms are down in the 150's Yikes!
Interestingly Goldy is doing really nicely, it's the MBAPs that are such piggly girls! I just cannot feed them enough. Large dose of food last night, getting a big dose of tea today. Hopefully when I check slurry tomorrow I'll get a bit higher reading.

Contrast between hydro and soil is pretty cool.
Make sure to take slurry readings when the soil is dry to get an accurate reading

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hey!
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I am in soil, not hydro. I saw you guys talking numbers so I thought I’d pipe in with my nonsense. A slurry test is something I just learned. The NTFG guys say it’s essential for reading my plants and troubleshooting issues. You use fairly dry soil for this. Dig down about two inches into your pot and grab 2 oz. of soil, mix with 2 oz. pH neutral water, let sit for 10 minutes and take a pH and TDS reading. That’s a slurry test. Give you a good idea what’s happening in the root zone. My last one was pH 6.4 so that’s spot on, but my ppm was 150 and that’s way low. I used this info to change some of the mix I fed them last night so I hope my numbers will be better regarding ppm.
Spot on spot on wwwillie, when feeding with the bone those girls become food whores eating up everything [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Yup that’s is the hard part. Not to mention that in my three gal. felt pots the roots are all the way through for tippy top to the bottom. Not complaining but it is hard ripping roots to get a sample. Still though, so far so good. My readings have sent me in the right direction each time.

Spot on spot on wwwillie, when feeding with the bone those girls become food whores eating up everything [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Thanks man yep that low reading prompted a feed instead of tea. I upped the HH to 60 ml. They responded positively. I think I may be driving them to hard with the lights too. This comp thing has my juices flowing. I really want to produce the best I can. Don’t so much care about the winning, just the best I can personally do!

Yup that’s is the hard part. Not to mention that in my three gal. felt pots the roots are all the way through for tippy top to the bottom. Not complaining but it is hard ripping roots to get a sample. Still though, so far so good. My readings have sent me in the right direction each time.
I know what yu mean man, i usually don't take a slurry unless the girls look bad etc following the charts and upping the herc as I go so far so good... I also feed with recharge every other feed just to help with ph and ppms keeps things in check, I bet your girls are starting to get that dankness smell to them mines are and i can't wait smoke em up lol

we need to get together here and have a nug show and tell and then smoke session and talk about all the fun we had! :smokeout:
after the vote tally and the winner is announced.
Indeed, shame it has to be virtual.

Indeed, shame it has to be virtual.
indeed, i have 1/2 chord of dried red oak split and a nice collection of Bourbon and Scotch. And a fire pit with plenty of chairs. Gaugetown keeps to itself. I learned a thing a two from "tali" in afghanistan!

New toy!

b24524ea8ecab0ce07553b3e49302ec6.heic

Tangilope from last grow.

afbd55351f719388025e5b2183c4cdf4.heic

Baby bud on my clones. Dream Machine, Heavyweight seeds.

d73d40f2c67581abedccb313973627a0.heic

New life! Zen seeds Black Widow for the Zen battle.

9120d3f894a86f86e8e2a034a62c6a0a.heic

The nascent flower on my Goldy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back