Thier are some interesting posts in here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/contest-idea-thread.59620/page-7 about levelling up the field as in regards to equipments, watts,medium used etc ,but it's awfully complicated I reckon and ultimately again you would have someone call foul, also I have some mesphito photo's sent as freebies :biggrin: but I never run a photo plant :shrug:

Hmmm... I don't know. I use Photoshop all the time. I have several pre-built settings that I use. But I use them on everything I shoot with the exception of my phone pictures that I use for daily updates. When I go through the trouble of breaking out the Nikon and the strobes, I use Pshop. I adjust shadow/highlight bright/contrast and a minor hue adjustment and other than cropping no other adjustments. No color, focus, sharpness, nothing to change the shot. Took quite a few years to get them right. Moving from an analog darkroom to the digital world was not easy!

Edit: And I would be happy to show what I use and did if it ever came down to it. Before and afters even...

same here i took film to have developed in black and white 35mm:crying::crying::crying::crying:

@Eyes on Fire ..you know we can Never make it a level playing ground Bud..:bighug:..we have to do the Best we can with what we have.

I could have better lights than @Ripper..but be a shite grower..@1939Bear could have 30 years more Experience..but not have learned from it..:shrug:..everyone has different skills and kit..

and if we accommodated all the variety..you would all be growing in individual grow threads..so Battles wouldn't Work..

It is Impossible to cover..so we go with Best we can Do..for the Most growers.

And..I'll tell you something we know from watching BOM..it is Not always the Biggest plant that gets the Vote anyway.

yes will said:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Truthfully, if you have a dslr you can do all sorts of stuff with exposure and color temp without photoshopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh very true. I have Nikon D-90s and it took me quite some time to come up with the right settings. I used to do this professionally back in the days of analog, you know, film, darkrooms, enlargers, all that stuff. The photo in the camera was only the first part of creating a nice picture, the rest was done in the darkroom. So to that end I have a set of controls that I worked out and use and they include settings on the camera and Photoshop. I don't use any automatic filters or functions. I generally crop and run through my set of settings and that is usually just a few things like contrast ratio, shadow to highlight and a very minor hue adjustment.
@Ripper who makes the rules has stated that Pshop is not allowed. No biggie I'll just use my phone for this and keep my DSLR stuff for myself. I'll leave the EXIF metadata for folks if they care...
So far all my pictures have been with my phone and they look good to me so I will be all set!

Oh very true. I have Nikon D-90s and it took me quite some time to come up with the right settings. I used to do this professionally back in the days of analog, you know, film, darkrooms, enlargers, all that stuff. The photo in the camera was only the first part of creating a nice picture, the rest was done in the darkroom. So to that end I have a set of controls that I worked out and use and they include settings on the camera and Photoshop. I don't use any automatic filters or functions. I generally crop and run through my set of settings and that is usually just a few things like contrast ratio, shadow to highlight and a very minor hue adjustment.
@Ripper who makes the rules has stated that Pshop is not allowed. No biggie I'll just use my phone for this and keep my DSLR stuff for myself. I'll leave the EXIF metadata for folks if they care...
So far all my pictures have been with my phone and they look good to me so I will be all set!

yeah i agree with you here, i used to be big into analog and then went through a stage of DSLR constantly upgrading to the newest and greatest, and honestly phones have come such a long way i barely ever pull my dslr out anymore lol

f085d5acaeb08b4a0bb5ef0a25b479af.jpg
e567a4b64fe2a66fd3785606137b1b12.jpg
97cd5bf03f4dc34b07b058848ce3a5e9.jpg
my organic baby going to do so much damage in here [emoji1320]she is starting to hit them biotabs happy growing gang and stay green

Back