Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first source University of Guelph, which I know nothing about.
The 2nd guy's main point is that there is no plant mechanism that can remove chemicals from buds.

I'd like to see a scientific justification for flushing.
In science you are guilty (wrong) until you prove yourself innocent (correct).
I've never seen scientific studies, not counting placebo-influenced opinions, that prove flushing works.

Scientifically speaking, it's up to flushers to prove flushing is useful.
It's not up to anti-flushers to prove it doesn't work.
I can't prove that turquoise swans don't exist, because it's almost impossible to prove a negative.
If someone claims they do exist, it's up to them to prove it.

The other popular smoked plant tobacco isn't flushed.
They go by real science, not stoner science.
Thanks man, gave me a reason to look some stuff up and your right (i think) i dont know its enough reason to be organic. Im glad im gonna be organic. I really hope folks on here read rhis and stop smoking chemicals or worse turning them into concentrates or selling them where people under the age of 25 with under developed nervos systems arent smoking boron, chlorine, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, zinc, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt, and silicon. Not to mention if your ph is off aluminum. Im gonna notify a few growers i know.cuz its the right thing to do. Wont be long marijuana growing ignorance will.be killing people..i mean vapes already are.

Thanks man, gave me a reason to look some stuff up and your right (i think) i dont know its enough reason to be organic. Im glad im gonna be organic. I really hope folks on here read rhis and stop smoking chemicals or worse turning them into concentrates or selling them where people under the age of 25 with under developed nervos systems arent smoking boron, chlorine, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, zinc, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt, and silicon. Not to mention if your ph is off aluminum. Im gonna notify a few growers i know.cuz its the right thing to do. Wont be long marijuana growing ignorance will.be killing people..i mean vapes already are.
Not to mention the smoke is a LOT better.

Not to mention the smoke is a LOT better.
Agreed. I started dabbling making my own fermented plant juice and fermented fruit juice for supplement feeding..i just made.some.with bananas and potatoes and my plants loved it. You ever mess with that?

smoking boron, chlorine, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, zinc, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt, and silicon.

Are you under the impression that organic plants don't contain organic and inorganic elements? Do you think roots uptake anything you give them like a sponge, or rather that they selectively uptake nutrients as needed?

I'm not arguing against an organic grow style,what but you wrote displays profound ignorance about how plants use nutrients to grow...

Are you under the impression that organic plants don't contain organic and inorganic elements? Do you think roots uptake anything you give them like a sponge, or rather that they selectively uptake nutrients as needed?

I'm not arguing against an organic grow style,what but you wrote displays profound ignorance about how plants use nutrients to grow...
No i was impying that thee are very harmful to underdeveloped nervous systems and brain which take til about the age of 25.

@low_and_slow alos organic grow uses what the plant needs when it needs it. Not like synthetic fertilizers. Theres a reason why orgsnic grows dont burn. So growing organic therez not an overabundance of this in your plant..surely this isnt gonna be a debate on which is safer... organic vs synthetic fertilizer.

Last edited:
Look in myth busters, I have a whole thread on the subject. Basically, flushing does NOT remove anything from the plant. The only way a flush would accomplish such a thing is to leave it till its stone dead. Doesn't anyone ever notice, after a flush, the buds are still nice and healthy and green? That's because when you starve a plant, it sends all the nutrients to the buds, the plant's survival be reproduction makes it do so.

And please make a list for me of what exact "chemicals" you believe are in your plants? Unless your using "bloom boosters" which are laoded with hormones ( which are actually not legal, but nobody enforces it ) there are NO "chemicals" other than EDTA, which is also used as a food preservative....... that's used to chelate micro nutrients.

What about the "chemicals in organically grown canna? You don't see any organic growers flushing their plants. Those organic chemicals are exactly the same as the ones made from chrushed minerals and elements

And a lab test won't point to anything unless your feeding something you shouldn't to begin with.

People have been fed this line of crap for many years and the prevelance of the practice just shows nobody ever bothers to validate wether or not there is science behind what their told. The gardening world full of myths that claims to make plants bigger, better and tastier. Look up Professor Linda Chalker ( I think i spelled it right } at the University of Cornell, you might be shocked to find out how much of what we think we know is nothing but old hippie myths.

Your right. Nobody should flush or water for a couple weeks to remove all nutrients from roots and plant. We all should harvest green marijuana plants with flowers filled with chemicals. do you know someone personally whose grown 2 clones side by side and had one "flush" and one not and had them sent in to a lab to test to see if one has chemicals and one doesnt? If you have i will stop "flushing" immediately.

Your right. Nobody should flush or water for a couple weeks to remove all nutrients from roots and plant. We all should harvest green marijuana plants with flowers filled with chemicals. do you know someone personally whose grown 2 clones side by side and had one "flush" and one not and had them sent in to a lab to test to see if one has chemicals and one doesnt? If you have i will stop "flushing" immediately.

Why? Just asking for such a dominant position?

Look in myth busters, I have a whole thread on the subject. Basically, flushing does NOT remove anything from the plant. The only way a flush would accomplish such a thing is to leave it till its stone dead. Doesn't anyone ever notice, after a flush, the buds are still nice and healthy and green? That's because when you starve a plant, it sends all the nutrients to the buds, the plant's survival be reproduction makes it do so.

And please make a list for me of what exact "chemicals" you believe are in your plants? Unless your using "bloom boosters" which are laoded with hormones ( which are actually not legal, but nobody enforces it ) there are NO "chemicals" other than EDTA, which is also used as a food preservative....... that's used to chelate micro nutrients.

What about the "chemicals in organically grown canna? You don't see any organic growers flushing their plants. Those organic chemicals are exactly the same as the ones made from chrushed minerals and elements

And a lab test won't point to anything unless your feeding something you shouldn't to begin with.

People have been fed this line of crap for many years and the prevelance of the practice just shows nobody ever bothers to validate wether or not there is science behind what their told. The gardening world full of myths that claims to make plants bigger, better and tastier. Look up Professor Linda Chalker ( I think i spelled it right } at the University of Cornell, you might be shocked to find out how much of what we think we know is nothing but old hippie myths.
Most guys believing they have to flush, grew with miracle grow at one point in their early grow career and over did it. Burnt their tongue.:shooty:

I dont want to argue i agreed already that you guys are probably right. Synthetic fertilizers are those composed of the synthesized chemicals of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Im sure other stuff in it is too.
Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Superphosphate, and Potassium Sulfate that are in most synthetic fertilizers are chemical compounds i guess is what im.meaning.. just like water.. H20 is a chemical.. and ive said 3 or 4 times now flushing does no good if your hsrvesting a green plant.. geez. So you believe synthetic fertilizers are as safe as organic growing

Last edited:
Most guys believing they have to flush, grew with miracle grow at one point in their early grow career and over did it. Burnt their tongue.:shooty:
What do people say about people that knowingly put synthetic fertilizers in their body?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back