Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have a pack of Mephisto autos that didn't germ? I've grown 8 different strains from them and only autos I will ever run period. Any who I bought a 3 pack of S.O.D.K. and received 6 Directly through Mephisto. Always have pretty much 100% success rate Germination. I used same method I always have I let them soak 12 to 24 hrs then straight to paper towel or jiffy pellet. I tried first 3 paper towel method and other 3 through jiffy pellets only 2 out of 6 cracked threw out a small tap and that was it...lol. Never had or seen this with their gear. Still order their gear though as to me they have the best autos hands down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just my two cents, I agree with @Prophetiko & @slowandeasy. I too use a drop or two of hydrogen peroxide in half a cup of distilled water in a glass, letting them soak 24 hours on a heating mat between 74-82 degrees F. on my kitchen counter. I then drain the glass and use a toothpick to place the seeds (whether they crack or not) one at a time in Root Riot plugs, place in a germinating tray with a dome, place the tray on the same mat, in two days three at max they sprout. I use this method winter and summer, I never change anything up, it’s my belief as with others temperature plays the most important role, like in nature, the warmth from the sun on the soil is what makes seeds sprout, age of the seed will delay germinatation only by a day or two.

A little note for those are interested: the recommended mix of water and H2O2 (3%) is about 16:1 ... 16 parts water, 1 part H2O2.... soak for 18-24 hours, rins then plant.

Happy growing!

First hemp grow just finished 2nd week for cremetasmo in first homemade hempy.
0212191750a.jpg

I prefer to get the whole environment up to 80F. Seedling mats help, but whenever possible try to get the environment up, not just the bottoms. And there can be hot/cold spots on a beating mat. I have many
grow areas, so I am able to tweak things easily. But I can ghetto rig something for winter to help you guys. So, do you happen to have an extra plastic tub or 2 lying around? Like a storage tote? First throw your heating pad and monitor the temps with lid On/Off overnight. Hi/Lows. Now, is that close to 80F? If not, keep modifying, don't comprise too you have your temps steady. Add a little LED or CFL if you need some extra heat. This Chamber or whatever you do HAS to be steady NEAR 80F for 3-4 days minimum. Not 70F. The most important part is the consistent warmer environment. A paper towel at 70F will seem chilly. A paper towel at 80F will feel warmer, by a noticeable amount. Combine cold water and a wet towel and think of that Seinfeld episode! "I was in the pool, it is shrinkage"! Just sayin, it has to feel similar to a baby seed!

Nice germ rig design and reference to a funny Seinfeld scene.

What about dealing with seedlings in solo cups in the winter in a tent in a garage?

Hello friends

Does anyone have any idea what this is supposed to be, toof decay or Illuminauto # 39 - Ghost Toof?

uWuKEZH.jpg

Again, my solution is to try to get the whole environment up. They have miniature tents for like $40-$50 now as well. So, since you live in the way Up North. Maybe a small seed starting/veg tent would be a good idea? I understand it is hard to heat a whole garage, or larger area. So decreasing the area to heat helps and you can run a small tent without an exhaust fan to keep temps up. Good luck

Again, my solution is to try to get the whole environment up. They have miniature tents for like $40-$50 now as well. So, since you live in the way Up North. Maybe a small seed starting/veg tent would be a good idea? I understand it is hard to heat a whole garage, or larger area. So decreasing the area to heat helps and you can run a small tent without an exhaust fan to keep temps up. Good luck

Good idea. I have a 2x2 but I think it will be tough to get my trays and a heater in there. But I'll give it a try. Hopefully I have move in to it and dial in that mini environment easily. Might be hard to do it. Rigging up fans and heater and lights. I probably should have done that starting last week when they sprouted or really a few days before that. I didn't think it would be so hard to get an 8x8 warm because I've done it before. This stretch of winter is pretty cold and it caught me off guard and not knowing enough about how to be proactive about it. Lesson learned.

Good idea. I have a 2x2 but I think it will be tough to get my trays and a heater in there. But I'll give it a try. Hopefully I have move in to it and dial in that mini environment easily. Might be hard to do it. Rigging up fans and heater and lights. I probably should have done that starting last week when they sprouted or really a few days before that. I didn't think it would be so hard to get an 8x8 warm because I've done it before. This stretch of winter is pretty cold and it caught me off guard and not knowing enough about how to be proactive about it. Lesson learned.
Well I have so many different grow spaces, that I have learned many many years ago for my needs...I ALWAYS have a small tent that I can Start seeds, veg, or dry in. A small tent can be manipulated MUCH easier for incrtemps. Try to setup the 2x2 with your lights on. If you are starting seeds or just vegging for a short time, see how the temps are with the exhaust on AND off. I can promise it is easier and you will have better/faster growth if you can create an environment 10deg warmer. Personally I prefer to run my whole environment on the warmer side with Coco. 70F is not my preferred temps ever at any stage....besides DRYING. HAHAHAHA.

[QUOTE="lunarman,

What about dealing with seedlings in solo cups in the winter in a tent in a garage?[/QUOTE]

Was having trouble keeping my temps up and ended throwing a blanket over top and it helped a lot. Thinking about trying foam board insulation next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back