Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its been 24 hrs and its still floating like a turd. i do appreciate your willingness to give me reassurance, but i was waiting to hear from the mephisto gang to find out the age of these double grape seeds :)
generally, floaters end up being turds, sadly..maybe they can send me a replacement or something? dunno.. :help:
Like others have stated, a floating seed does not mean a dud seed.. It does not mean the seed is bad.. and it definitely doesn't give cause for concern after 24 hours.. As a matter of fact, the "floating technique" is how I, as well as many others, were taught to germ seeds. You let the seeds float on top of the water without ever letting them sink to the bottom.. That way when the tap roots start showing, they won't start growing downward or curl up. The tap roots stay straight on top of the water. Seeds float, or don't sink for many reasons.. Not all of them are bad.. Google isn't always right about everything, lol. I hope she germs soon for ya!

I always have issues out of the Denver USPS. The seem to have problems during normal times. With the holidays, it may be exaggerated. Good luck..
My package was last seen leaving Denver on 12/5. Been listed as "In Transit" ever since. So much for 1-3 day shipping.

Shipping update for everyone!

All orders have been shipped as of this morning, minus a few that need address confirmation. You should receive tracking emails later today!

The USPS shipping delays are 100% out of our control, in fact we closed the shop for the remainder of the year due to these delays. We don't like our customers anxiously waiting for their package, but tis the season. Next year we have discused doing the BF sale a week or two before the holiday madness starts. Work with USPS first if you have shipping issues before coming to us. A lot of people who had the "in transit" message for days on end, would end up with a "out for delivery" message without the intermediate scans. It appears to me that USPS is getting lazy with their scans.

The Double Grape seeds are fresh!!! Brand new, harvest and prepped just weeks before the sale!!!! A floating seed doesn't mean anything, sometimes you can lightly tap the the glass and break the surface tension and it will immediately sink. This germ technique works great for a lot of people, but doesn't mimic a natural process that a seed would under go imo.

Let me know if anyone else is having issues outside of what I mentioned above.

Just got mine today!

20191213_134038.jpg

Freebies were 5 auto blues x sour bubbly. Really excited to grow out the mystery mix also! Thanks!:yay:

The seed is likely quite viable. It’s been in water for 24 hours so sink or float get it out and into wet paper towel as I’m sure you know already. Keep it warm!!! I think that many believe room temperature is ok for this and it will work but much more slowly. So find a happy and warm place for the seed to stay consistently warm (cable box, heat mat, top of the fridge, etc.) and watch that tail pop out in 24-48 hours.
i use a dome and seedling mat. rarely have issues, unless i use paper towels.. soak then into dirt

Not every seed will be perfect, but when you buy a 3 pack and they give you 5 the non viable seed is pretty much covered already. Not only do they give extra in each pack but they give freebies on top of freebies. My 2¢.
i never said every seed would be perfect...and one bad seed is still one less seed freebie or not so whats your point? if all the freebies i received didnt sprout there would be no benefit in receiving freebies at all, so aluding to the idea that i shouldnt say anything because i received freebies is kind of silly, isnt it? :shrug:

Last edited:
Shipping update for everyone!

The Double Grape seeds are fresh!!! Brand new, harvest and prepped just weeks before the sale!!!! A floating seed doesn't mean anything, sometimes you can lightly tap the the glass and break the surface tension and it will immediately sink. This germ technique works great for a lot of people, but doesn't mimic a natural process that a seed would under go imo.

Let me know if anyone else is having issues outside of what I mentioned above.

thanks
finally got this one to sink after 12 more hours in water..in dirt and on the seedling mat now, fingers crossed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back