Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
been waiting for a long time for the double grape and so far my first seed soaking looks like its gonna be a #!%$ floater..
..not thrilled
@stan_mephisto @Brad_Mephisto
hell i just soaked four 1 year old sn and sl seeds and they were above ground 48 hrs later

I'm about to get lit!!
20191212_195831.jpg

Sorry no i didnt get them as freebies, i meant i still have some in the stash. Sorry for the confusion . My order just shipped today ill ost what i get as freebies once i receive my order.
i got sour crack freebies i believe on bf..only a couple tho

been waiting for a long time for the double grape and so far my first seed soaking looks like its gonna be a #!%$ floater..
..not thrilled
hell i just soaked four 1 year old sn and sl seeds and they were above ground 48 hrs later
I don't think that necessarily means you're hosed. I'm usually a dvd case/tp seed starter but just tried the water soak. When I dropped the Sour Stomper seed into the water and sloshed it around, it stayed afloat. I left it for ~8hrs. Came back and really sloshed it around; it sank. Scooped it out a few hours later, put in soil, and VOILA, 48hrs later she had broken ground.

I don't think that necessarily means you're hosed. I'm usually a dvd case/tp seed starter but just tried the water soak. When I dropped the Sour Stomper seed into the water and sloshed it around, it stayed afloat. I left it for ~8hrs. Came back and really sloshed it around; it sank. Scooped it out a few hours later, put in soil, and VOILA, 48hrs later she had broken ground.

its been 24 hrs and its still floating like a turd. i do appreciate your willingness to give me reassurance, but i was waiting to hear from the mephisto gang to find out the age of these double grape seeds :)
generally, floaters end up being turds, sadly..maybe they can send me a replacement or something? dunno.. :help:

Last edited:
Man just cked tracking and mine are back in Denver :shrug: not real sure whats up with that :dammit: have 3 pots ready for beans looks like it will be another week b4 they arrive

its been 24 hrs and its still floating like a turd. i do appreciate your willingness to give me reassurance, but i was waiting to hear from the mephisto gang to find out the age of these double grape seeds :)
generally, floaters end up being turds, sadly..maybe they can send me a replacement or something? dunno.. :help:
The seed is likely quite viable. It’s been in water for 24 hours so sink or float get it out and into wet paper towel as I’m sure you know already. Keep it warm!!! I think that many believe room temperature is ok for this and it will work but much more slowly. So find a happy and warm place for the seed to stay consistently warm (cable box, heat mat, top of the fridge, etc.) and watch that tail pop out in 24-48 hours.

..not thrilled
Not every seed will be perfect, but when you buy a 3 pack and they give you 5 the non viable seed is pretty much covered already. Not only do they give extra in each pack but they give freebies on top of freebies. My 2¢.

Man just cked tracking and mine are back in Denver :shrug: not real sure whats up with that :dammit: have 3 pots ready for beans looks like it will be another week b4 they arrive
I always have issues out of the Denver USPS. The seem to have problems during normal times. With the holidays, it may be exaggerated. Good luck..

Not every seed will be perfect, but when you buy a 3 pack and they give you 5 the non viable seed is pretty much covered already. Not only do they give extra in each pack but they give freebies on top of freebies. My 2¢.
This too!! Plenty of freebies more than make up for a less than 100% germination rate where more often then not it is grower error that causes failed germination. I AM NOT saying that is the case here but even the best genetics under the best conditions have a certain rate of failure. A floating seed after 24 hours does not equate to a dud; many seeds have been germinated without soaking with very high success. Give the seed a chance bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back