Outdoor Mephisto alfresco

@Growtogrow @Weed Warrior @Waira @Henco do you guys have any tips on products to use to help with nutrient uptake in the heat? I use seaweed extract/kelp a lot already which i think helps with the heat stress? But wondered if there's something more I can be doing?
Do you pH your water?
That's one thing I know that's going to help you in any situation is having the right pH in your water.
And if you have to check the pH on the run off as well.
Seeing your in pots it won't be too hard for you to check the ph.

I know growing in the Heats is a mother.
The dark pot that you are using collect Heat.
One thing I had to do when I grew outside my first few years. Not knowing what I was doing but trying to figure it out. I know this is not an option for you but I had to dig holes n put my pots into the ground so they could stay cool and retain their water. They evaporating so fast. And I had to water so much that it was washing and nutrients away from the roots .
But what you might be able to do is find a bucket or a tub that's 6 or so inches bigger than your pot and you can stick your pot down in the bigger pot and then fill around it to help insulate it from the Heat. Even if you had a cooler or a box anything that's bigger than the pot you got the plant in that you can set the plant down inside and fill it up with dirt insulation something to insulate the pot from the Heat. Because your root ball is getting way too hot and it can't take it with the temperature that you've been explaining this may be one of your only options for that kind of heat because you can't put them in the ground because of your situation where you live. That's my two cents right now.

Sent[emoji297][emoji100][emoji482]

I phed my water when i very first started growing, the ph was 6.6ish with nutes in and haven't done it again since. I'm thinking next grow to try and put a cardboard lining inside the cloth pot to try and stop so much evaporation from wind and heat? I'm also going to see if i can get white pots instead of the black.
That's a great idea having a pot inside a bigger pot with a dirt buffer from the heat. Maybe like a 7gal inside of a 10 gal with a cardboard lining and perlite in the bigger pot for insulation? Thanks a lot for your help and guidance Gtg it means a great deal to me! Without guys like you and @Weed Warrior guiding me along my grow journey my growing ability would be considerably worse! Thanks to you guys assistance I'm able to grow some great cannabis in less than ideal conditions!:cheers::toke::shooty:
Do you pH your water?
That's one thing I know that's going to help you in any situation is having the right pH in your water.
And if you have to check the pH on the run off as well.
Seeing your in pots it won't be too hard for you to check the ph.

I know growing in the Heats is a mother.
The dark pot that you are using collect Heat.
One thing I had to do when I grew outside my first few years. Not knowing what I was doing but trying to figure it out. I know this is not an option for you but I had to dig holes n put my pots into the ground so they could stay cool and retain their water. They evaporating so fast. And I had to water so much that it was washing and nutrients away from the roots .
But what you might be able to do is find a bucket or a tub that's 6 or so inches bigger than your pot and you can stick your pot down in the bigger pot and then fill around it to help insulate it from the Heat. Even if you had a cooler or a box anything that's bigger than the pot you got the plant in that you can set the plant down inside and fill it up with dirt insulation something to insulate the pot from the Heat. Because your root ball is getting way too hot and it can't take it with the temperature that you've been explaining this may be one of your only options for that kind of heat because you can't put them in the ground because of your situation where you live. That's my two cents right now.

I phed my water when i very first started growing, the ph was 6.6ish with nutes in and haven't done it again since. I'm thinking next grow to try and put a cardboard lining inside the cloth pot to try and stop so much evaporation from wind and heat? I'm also going to see if i can get white pots instead of the black.
That's a great idea having a pot inside a bigger pot with a dirt buffer from the heat. Maybe like a 7gal inside of a 10 gal with a cardboard lining and perlite in the bigger pot for insulation? Thanks a lot for your help and guidance Gtg it means a great deal to me! Without guys like you and @Weed Warrior guiding me along my grow journey my growing ability would be considerably worse! Thanks to you guys assistance I'm able to grow some great cannabis in less than ideal conditions!:cheers::toke::shooty:
That's a good idea. Bigger yeah I would use probably even a bigger buffer pot then what you were just thinking. Cuz more insulation you got the better off you plants going to be. You got a lot of heat 104° that's a lot of heat. And I'm sure it's dry heat to isn't it ?
I don't deal with that kind of heat here at best I get to 100 degrees three or four times a year that's about it. So for you definitely bigger is better you still want to be able to move it though obviously and your situation so you might want to get yourself a little hand truck or dolly to move it around with that's what I ended up having to do with mine I had to weld a plate on it so it was extended out so I can move them around I use those 30 and 40 gallon pots their kind of heavy LOL

Another thing we've been doing also with our above-ground pots is that we're lining them with Garden plastic on the inside the fiber pots.
Let say you got a 20 gallon pot and you put the garden plastic down the inside from the top to with in like 3 or 4" inchs from the bottom and just leave the 3 or 4 inchs open so it can drain and you can still get the benefit of the air pruning.
Do you understand what I'm saying?

Yeah man, i understand! I could possibly line both of the pots? But line the outer pot all the way down? This may help with evaporation even more. Maybe a 10gal pot inside a 20gal maybe better. I'm getting ready to start a couple more plants soon, but i think this time around i will be a little more prepared than my current grow! I seriously underestimated the heat factor this grow and my plants are starting to show it. Next grow I'm seriously considering doing less plants to give them more attention. You're right at the moment it's dry heat humidity is about 20% but should start increasing with our wet season rapidly approaching come January it should be in the 60s
That's a good idea. Bigger yeah I would use probably even a bigger buffer pot then what you were just thinking. Cuz more insulation you got the better off you plants going to be. You got a lot of heat 104° that's a lot of heat. And I'm sure it's dry heat to isn't it ?
I don't deal with that kind of heat here at best I get to 100 degrees three or four times a year that's about it. So for you definitely bigger is better you still want to be able to move it though obviously and your situation so you might want to get yourself a little hand truck or dolly to move it around with that's what I ended up having to do with mine I had to weld a plate on it so it was extended out so I can move them around I use those 30 and 40 gallon pots their kind of heavy LOL

Another thing we've been doing also with our above-ground pots is that we're lining them with Garden plastic on the inside the fiber pots.
Let say you got a 20 gallon pot and you put the garden plastic down the inside from the top to with in like 3 or 4" inchs from the bottom and just leave the 3 or 4 inchs open so it can drain and you can still get the benefit of the air pruning.
Do you understand what I'm saying?

@the green bandit The easy way to help is dig a hole and place the whole bag in it , water well and you have plenty of leaf mulch around , so rake it up , nice thick layer , this will help heaps in keeping the roots cool , which in turn will help the plant , I also think you have done a great job with her . :thumbsup:

I'll just add this . -- Evaporation . If your soil is too wet it will cook the roots at the high temps we are getting , evaporation has a cooling effect .

Thanks henco, I've certainly learned a great deal from your thread as well buddy. The mulch on top of my pots is helping a great deal I'm sure, man growing in this heat is certainly harder than i first thought!
@the green bandit The easy way to help is dig a hole and place the whole bag in it , water well and you have plenty of leaf mulch around , so rake it up , nice thick layer , this will help heaps in keeping the roots cool , which in turn will help the plant , I also think you have done a great job with her . :thumbsup:

I'll just add this . -- Evaporation . If your soil is too wet it will cook the roots at the high temps we are getting , evaporation has a cooling effect .

@the green bandit The easy way to help is dig a hole and place the whole bag in it , water well and you have plenty of leaf mulch around , so rake it up , nice thick layer , this will help heaps in keeping the roots cool , which in turn will help the plant , I also think you have done a great job with her . [emoji106]

Hey hecno[emoji482]
Yeah I had mentioned to him about putting the pots in the ground but because of his situation he can't put them in the ground cuz I think he said he was a renter and so whoever owns property makes periodic visits and he has to move the pots around.

Another thing you can do @thegreenbandit is you can take in to put old promisee wood down inside your pots for your next grow. That helps retain water like The Mulch on top you can also put that down inside the
pot. The older the wood sometimes is the better wood. But because it sucks up more water. Then the roots will suck off that wood like a nurse log.
I had forgot to mention this earlier when I was telling you about the garden plastic inside the pots. This is something else that I have to do here also when I have pots above the ground they evaporate so quickly and so that's one of the tactics I use to keep water in my pots also.

LoL yup.. She sure has her way don't she. Mother Nature.. you got to love her. Just got to know how to work with her it takes time and s lot of effort a lot of heartaches n headaches. Some bumps and bruises but in the end you may not win but most of us break even.[emoji482][emoji573]

Back