Side note: I just finished what's looking to be some very potent Girl Scout Cookies butter.

0e4f21024a6c87f25576edf8b7d20c00.jpg

b6fe971539891ba9755f24f5e51da1fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely a very lengthy process when I make mine, but it comes out proper.

I can see! How do you do yours? Ive always melted my butter then added the good stuff with water and simmer for an hour or 2, strain it then let it sit and put it in the freezer

I can see! How do you do yours? Ive always melted my butter then added the good stuff with water and simmer for an hour or 2, strain it then let it sit and put it in the freezer

Step 1: I melt down my butter, pour it into a container and throw it in a fridge. Once it solidifies again, you'll see that you have a milky substance that separates. Dispose of this! Then you'll have pure clean butter to work with. This step is very important because you'll be wasting THC on that throw away milky stuff.

Step 2: Take your cleaned up butter and amount of trim you are going to use and put it in a crock-pot. The longer this stuff simmers, the better. I put it on the lowest setting for about 12 hours and agitate it hourly. (I have read that "decarbing" your trim/weed first makes it more potent, but I haven't tested that.)

Step 3: Once all cooked down, I use a very very fine mesh strainer and plastic bowl. I scoop everything in there and pour the remainder. I allow gravity to do most of the work, the press the rest of the trim.

Step 4: Once you've completed step 3, I'll wrap my trim in cheese cloth and squeeze it into the bowl of butter

Step 5: Starting with a clean strainer, place it on top of a new bowl. Line the strainer with cheese cloth. Heat up and stir your butter mixture, then pour it through the cheese cloth/strainer. This will be your final step of filtering. A bit excessive, but tiny bits of trim and whatnot have upset my stomach before when ingesting. I squeeze the remainder of cheese cloth into the bowl getting what butter I can.

Step 6: Pour into your final container and refrigerate.

Back