New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

think the lighting is a bit deceptive- the overhead shots make the girls look on the pale side but the front on pics look a lovely shade o’green :thumbsup:
buds about to go :poof: on ‘em both.

looking good throwing loads of poistols :thumbsup:i wouldnt go as far as to say yellowing.first few pics seem a lightish green,last couple of pics shows a nice medium green :thumbsup: i suspect first pics a bit too much natural light or flash,but then everybodies tv/monitor/screen is slightly different.if we want to get technical Pantone the people that turn colours into numbers have 2 books 1 for coated paper one for uncoated paper.sorry first smoke of the day tends to turn into a stoned ramble...now ive looked again birds eye pics are a lil bright,side on pics looks spot on :thumbsup:
just scrap that.what FnF said :yeahthat:
keep er lit
:pighug:

looking good throwing loads of poistols :thumbsup:i wouldnt go as far as to say yellowing.first few pics seem a lightish green,last couple of pics shows a nice medium green :thumbsup: i suspect first pics a bit too much natural light or flash,but then everybodies tv/monitor/screen is slightly different.if we want to get technical Pantone the people that turn colours into numbers have 2 books 1 for coated paper one for uncoated paper.sorry first smoke of the day tends to turn into a stoned ramble...now ive looked again birds eye pics are a lil bright,side on pics looks spot on :thumbsup:
just scrap that.what FnF said :yeahthat:
keep er lit
:pighug:

Haha nice one mate, it’s what i thought.
the colouring is a little off though, with just general weirdness that you can’t see in my photo quality because i’m pretty sure my soil ph is a little high after switching to bloom feed because my pH pen broke and i didn’t check the new solution, i should have just fed her water till the new one comes which i will do. live and learn.

basically i think i added a tiny bit of calmag to the mix and forgot to adjust, pretty daft lol.

I just never realised how much different liquid fertiliser was, even organics, from the dry or rotted organic stuff i’m used to.

p.s. if we’re talking about taking-winded stoners, i’m one with a passion so half or fully baked rambling isn’t something i’ll protest haha

think the lighting is a bit deceptive- the overhead shots make the girls look on the pale side but the front on pics look a lovely shade o’green :thumbsup:
buds about to go :poof: on ‘em both.

Yeah definitely is the case too, but i have actually figured out what’s wrong with her and she’s recovering from me giving her mal-adjusted bloom feed that raised pH just outside acceptable limits. The clear water feed i gave her soon after i think stopped any major damage.
Was just lucky im growing in good soil mix and was keeping an eye on her after because something about that feed unnerved me haha despite all that, she looks great so still i’m expecting to see that :poof: too as right now it’s happening before my eyes. Zamnesia said that the Blueberry auto is a fantastic beginners strain and they’re right, i doubt i could hurt her severely unless i tried to :pass:

Update here for Val, just a quickie mainly for reference.

Have confirmed diagnosis that while there was some nutrients burn recently, the most recent problem is actually showing signs of varying defficiencies across the plant and with my soil being ~7.1 when it normally has a max of 7 mixed with the fact that i didn’t adjust for the calmag and with the minor deficiency symptoms across the plant i am certain that there was some mild lock out due to high pH.

Since everything is returning to normal as soon as it all started all i have to do now is be more careful with feeding and get into the habit of checking the solution before i feed them. Can’t wait for my new pen and up and down to come so i can learn to adjust my nutes that way.
I guess growing in soil indoors isn’t as simple as outdoors after all, there is way less organic matter in my mix to act as a natural pH buffer i suppose and should have taken that into account.
Damn my youthful arrogance :shooty:

Lovely looking girls.

Sent from my comfy chair
[emoji41][emoji2956][emoji848][emoji12][emoji42]

Cheers man, they are doing really well despite all my new growers lessons also known as mistakes. I picked a good couple of beginners strains i think :thumbsup:

Totally man, i really need to get one since i need to ask others about colouring.
i don’t think it’s actually yellowing though it just seems on this one that leaves closer to budsites are a little more colourful than the lower ones, but i’m not sure which is why i posted pics under both lighting.

From what i’ve seen of customer pics of her, she’s quite a brightly coloured plant even without the blues though which is why i’m not particularly bothered. :pighug:

Also the leaves closer to the top of the canopy seem to take on a strange almost sativa-esque appearance compared to the chunkier lower foliage View attachment 977003
I mean, they look pretty stellar to me. I'll be a very happy man if mine turn out half as good as yours. I've found the leaves nearer the buds can sometimes take on a more sativa like look, but fatten out a bit later. Nothing to be concerned about for sure, just a kinda cool trait to watch. Even more for the senses to take in.

I wanna stick my face in that tent a take a big whiff. How are the terps? I'm missing those sickly sweet blueberry aromas now I'm all outta Blue Dream bubble :cuss:

Looking at something stoney and blueberry forward alongside a classic cheese for my next run. I just wanna sink deep into my couch and stick on some Sabbath. :headbang:

I mean, they look pretty stellar to me. I'll be a very happy man if mine turn out half as good as yours. I've found the leaves nearer the buds can sometimes take on a more sativa like look, but fatten out a bit later. Nothing to be concerned about for sure, just a kinda cool trait to watch. Even more for the senses to take in.

I wanna stick my face in that tent a take a big whiff. How are the terps? I'm missing those sickly sweet blueberry aromas now I'm all outta Blue Dream bubble :cuss:

Looking at something stoney and blueberry forward alongside a classic cheese for my next run. I just wanna sink deep into my couch and stick on some Sabbath. :headbang:

Yeah they are great tbf and i’ve sorted the soil pH almost completely now and got it in the 6.5-7 zone as we like using just some very very light bloom feed and humid acid to stimulate a bit more nute draw, and the colour is already looking better.
I just have pretty high standards i hold myself to i guess lol

But the terps are pretty insane right now, the tent just smells like blue cheese since Greta starting catching up. but if you pic up Val you get a blast of sweet berry and general forest smell like a mix of good and bad odours that take on a life of their own. Wouldnt go as far to say there’s a hint of poop smell, but it sometimes borders there when it gets warm haha crazy how many strains are a bit poppy :crying:

Reactions: wes
Quick pic update on my garden, everything looking great

Val, day 50 in soil. looking great and has been resumed to a very light bloom feed. Soil pH has sorted itself now and i gave her some bloom feed with humid acid in there and she loved it. Looking great now.
7CD49494-ED78-4B41-8C03-AA53AFB20F30.jpeg
70C84D3B-C6D1-4A44-993C-4C603EEE2FC6.jpeg
Buds on her are really coming in now, won’t be too long now!
190B0BA4-9A0A-41C9-AAB0-10BE1234D30F.jpeg

Greta, day 39 in soil. Also looking good, throwing out more smell by the day.
She is a bit healthier than Val as her soil pH wasn’t as badly affected by my feeding error.
Buds are coming along nicely alongside noticeable upward growth, especially on the two dominant colas.
She’s also been fed a similar feed to Val and she responded well. I will feed her as normal next time round, when i have my pen
F20E25A2-EF45-4859-AFD5-43977FA706DF.jpeg
BFE1E03A-F068-4CF8-A690-29338C4A10CD.jpeg
A385BB96-A0B6-46E9-A47D-A6BC2D2C0874.jpeg

And then we have Tilda, day 25 in soil.
She’s taken well to the topping and growth is continuing well. One thing i’ve noticed about the Blueberry seedlings is that a young age they have many leaf deformities that could be mistaken for light problems or windburn however that will be alongside other seedlings not displaying any stress and the plant just keeps growing happily so it’s obviously not something that bothers them. I was an odd child so i can relate
8DCB1088-1A6C-49CC-89DF-1641052FB2F8.jpeg
190CC8C8-9ED9-445B-ACFD-021B173B7FD7.jpeg

Then we have Broomehilda, the beauty coming on very well. haven’t seen such a good looking seedling in a while, such symmetry and strength. i think we have a winner with her on looks alone right now.
74B3D1DB-E0D6-4E35-A791-F38DE1B38A3F.jpeg

And last but not least we have the newest member to my little harm of sticky icky to be. Introducing Dr. Feelgood by Short Stuff Seeds, day 5 i’m the soil and poking her head out into an LED climate controlled microcosm just for her and her sisters.
Henceforth named Amelia. She’s a little stretchy at the moment, like she can’t wait to get out into the world. But i’ll soon sort that.
B665C1A4-1C64-421F-BCA0-C3FEC529EE5E.jpeg

Anyway cheers peoples, peace and love

Back