New Grower Medimadness’ rotating garden of lunacy.

Oh man, just fed Val with some bloom feed and within 20 mins she started pumping out pungent perfume. Just as you expect from Blueberry, no hints of funky skunk in sight, the closest approximation would be approaching a clearing of wild berries in a southern fir forest mixed with that thick sweet nectar smell of cut daffodil and fresh cut grass. My first little taste of her promise and it’s wonderful. Very floral but balanced equaly with fruit notes and earthy hash. :drool:

So glad my nose was clear enough to smell for that moment thanks to 45mg of CBD otherwise i would have missed my babies first true stank. Can’t wait to see, or rather smell, her development now, so jazzed and in eager anticipation for the next month to fly by so i can fill some jars and savour my plants development a bit more. :eyebrows:

@NiceOption Well i’m still struggling with the chest but at least i can taste and smell again! Cheers for asking man.

on the plus side i also haven’t been vaping for a week and it’s shown me i’ve managed to curb my nicotine addiction!

Hope you haven’t caught anything from the missus either lol

@NiceOption Well i’m still struggling with the chest but at least i can taste and smell again! Cheers for asking man.

on the plus side i also haven’t been vaping for a week and it’s shown me i’ve managed to curb my nicotine addiction!

Hope you haven’t caught anything from the missus either lol
Glad to hear you're on the mend. I've actually been feeling pretty well for the first time in a while. Had a good session of acupuncture and Moxiebustion which does wonders for the Fibro so for once, I get to look after her. But yeah... I'm waiting for the sniffles to get going.

I finally managed to give up the smokes a year or so ago, but I don't think i'd have been able to do it without vaping either, nasty stuff that nicotine!

Glad to hear you're on the mend. I've actually been feeling pretty well for the first time in a while. Had a good session of acupuncture and Moxiebustion which does wonders for the Fibro so for once, I get to look after her. But yeah... I'm waiting for the sniffles to get going.

I finally managed to give up the smokes a year or so ago, but I don't think i'd have been able to do it without vaping either, nasty stuff that nicotine!

i have pretty bad fibro that came on really strong after i had kidney failure/ scepticemia and few other problems that caused a hospital stay and other lingering neuropathic problems about a year ago and so far all i’ve found that helps is huuuge does of ingested CBD but obviously over time it’s effectiveness sort of goes down in terms of neuropathic pain relief. i never managed to get into the free acupuncture on the NHS i was offered but hadn’t thought of heat therapies.

Might have to give that a try because honestly as good as cannabis can be i’ve been a bit lazy as i’ve been trying to get used to living with this and it’s getting to the point where it’s bringing me down and i need to do more because it’s almost like the more complacent i become, the worse it feels IDK

what did the Moxibustion do for you if you don’t mind me asking?

i have pretty bad fibro that came on really strong after i had kidney failure/ scepticemia and few other problems that caused a hospital stay and other lingering neuropathic problems about a year ago and so far all i’ve found that helps is huuuge does of ingested CBD but obviously over time it’s effectiveness sort of goes down in terms of neuropathic pain relief. i never managed to get into the free acupuncture on the NHS i was offered but hadn’t thought of heat therapies.

Might have to give that a try because honestly as good as cannabis can be i’ve been a bit lazy as i’ve been trying to get used to living with this and it’s getting to the point where it’s bringing me down and i need to do more because it’s almost like the more complacent i become, the worse it feels IDK

what did the Moxibustion do for you if you don’t mind me asking?
So, i was recommended acupuncture by my therapist and because I had a referral i managed to get a discounted rate. I've not heard great things about the NHS service but I don't have experience of it myself. There are lots of discounted services available in London.

The Moxi, I'd never heard of before, my acupuncturist uses it as part of her therapy. She has a very holistic approach and incorporates movement therapies and meditation to her practise.

I think it works best in conjunction with other therapies but for me, i find it extremely invigorating, helps with my energy level and focus. During the colder months I find that it helps ward off sickness and also sort of warms you from the inside out, I don't really know how to describe it without sounding too "new age". It kind of feels like you're warming your soul!

Acupuncture and Moxi aren't cure alls but for chronic fatigue, pain and insomnia, i've never found anything like it. It really works wonders and i think both work well with cannabis as they all have an effect on the endocannabinoid system.

Not all acupuncturists are equal, so I would look around before trying anything. I should also note that I've only tried Japanese style, which is gentler and less aggressive than the more common (in the UK) Chinese style. Anyone that's accredited by the British Acupuncture Council should be vetted and worth a try.

@NiceOption cheers man. my main problem with acupuncture therapy is i have an irrational fear of needles that while i’ve managed to get over, i still can’t relax enough for them to get the needles in right and they kept telling me to relax which was frustrating so i dunno haha

Have tried the chinese cupping therapy which worked really well, with a similar effect description of the moxi. but it’s pretty hard to find in the south west and expensive to get the people who know what they’re doing but have seen moxi offered near me.

i’ve been waiting for the nhs to get back to me for some therapy for so long it seems a bit pointless

@NiceOption cheers man. my main problem with acupuncture therapy is i have an irrational fear of needles that while i’ve managed to get over, i still can’t relax enough for them to get the needles in right and they kept telling me to relax which was frustrating so i dunno haha

Have tried the chinese cupping therapy which worked really well, with a similar effect description of the moxi. but it’s pretty hard to find in the south west and expensive to get the people who know what they’re doing but have seen moxi offered near me.

i’ve been waiting for the nhs to get back to me for some therapy for so long it seems a bit pointless
In all honesty, therapy on the NHS is a bit useless. It take for ever and I think you only get like 12 sessions?

It's a funny thing to look for, but i grew up with therapy, my step father was a psychotherapist so it's always seemed perfectly normal to me. I think everyone should give it a go at some point in their life. I'd recommend looking for low income therapists instead of relying on the NHS. You can see someone who has nearly qualified for a fraction of the price. Mine costs £15 for one hour. I see them every week but £60 a month is manageable for me. I feel like it's worth much more. It's a long term thing so I think the 12 sessions offered on NHS is frankly a waste of time.

I find it really useful as the depression and stress that comes with chronic pain and fatigue syndromes can feel overwhelming at times. Hell even if you're 100% healthy things can feel overwhelming sometimes!

I could go on for ages but I recommend finding someone yourself. I'm not sure where you're based, I'm spoiled for choice in London but most places offer some sort of low cost options.

Hope it helps somewhat.

@NiceOption i don’t really mind saying where i am because i live in a green friendly city in the south west, which is pretty obviously Bristol lol

There’s lots of choice here but the trouble i’ve found is lack of space at low income therapy which kinda sucks. Plenty of £60 a session places though

but i too see it as pretty normal, i’ve been dealing with depression and social anxiety long before i ever had any physical problems and if you read my public profile learnt over the years to just be open about that stuff and now tbh i see emotional repression/suppression as a more abnormal behaviour that needing someone who can help you lol

D6782FC3-C990-4B72-B419-AFCB7A3486DD.jpeg

Update for Val at day 45.
Approximately 20 days from finishing should their promise be justified. Just wanting to show buds coming along. weight is packing on at the moment, and height is still shooting up a little
8EDFDEC5-6DBD-4A19-BAA7-F10ACE84D658.jpeg

873961C2-F5B6-40B7-BDFE-D43F30ECD125.jpeg
60EDED95-9D70-4DDC-BB12-1C4988477417.jpeg
AC9663FE-B166-45F6-B816-D7D58C772D42.jpeg

Very pretty girl

peace and love

Back