Outdoor medicine under the sun

cheers mate - I might have time to move a few more things today - sunny at the moment but that counts for nothing lately - last nights took an hour to travel from yours to mine so we'll see if travelling any quicker today.
Storm hit last night just as I read your post and fuck - was the most rain we've had for ages - all in the first 5 minutes. I wont complain about the weather at all but the mold/mildew aspect does have me a little worried as its another thing I cant see properly so Ill have to try and keep right on top of it - can see know why the photos prefer an autumn flowering.

You should be ok with the outdoor stuff now, storms are gone and here comes the heat, 30+.
From one extreme to another.

And I see some parts of the state got ripped up bad yesterday, but by now we should all be used to it.
Talk about some bad things happening around here these last 12 months, so far we have been flooded several times, had a couple of Locust plagues, then plague of mice, some small bushfires, some more floods and now there are literally thousands of snails everywhere here.
We have a lot of dry stuff on the ground in the surrounding bush so I think this year is gonna be bad for bushfires, stock-up on Marshmallows :p

Dang you guys' weather sounds just a great as ours was this past summer! Hope it lets up and doesn't get out of control for you guys!

Matey your plants are looking GREAT!! :howdy: Looking forward to the next update!

Todays storm missed us luckily enough - so lotsa sunshine :clap:. I like the "Marshmallow" rating Stunted - heaps better than the proper ratings/warnings. Was kinda funny at the start of this year being on High Flood Alert and also High Fire Danger at the same time. Marshmallow and floaties kinda days!! It is so fucking ridiculous that after the big fires a few years ago so much growth has been allowed to build up with no major increase in burning off over winter etc - especially now that the rains are back theres gonna be lotsa gullies etc in Gippsland/Central Vic full of dry grass and lotsa wood just waiting for a flame...

Last few years have been a bit crazy here WVR but seems to be similar all over the place lately. Soon enough we'll settle back into a nice long drought here which sucks at the time but at least ya know where ya stand!!

Canna update time - me likes the MI5 smoke!! Here - join me :smokebuds:, :bong: Havent smoked as much as usual as am rationing and pulled what I have smoked a bit earlier than I wldve liked and has only dried for a cple days with no curing but it does the job well! Definetely a giggly, happy smoke - you guys are lucky Im typing and not talking otherwise Id be going on and on and on and on - then forgetting what I was going on about - then on and on and on... Still have bottom third of plant growing away and wont get a huge yield from her but as I say - is a nice smoke - and one Ill definetely be growing again and hopefully get some nice chunky, full-term, indoor buds from.

The other one I think is getting at least a hair cut tonight for a few buds - wld probably let her go if I had more smoke on hand but gotta do what ya gotta do and whilst the leaves on the cola bud arent yellowed off they are pretty ratty so I think shes about ready anyway. Looking forward to trying this one.

Btw - caught my cat taking a munch on one of the leaves today - wasnt sure whether to be angry or proud!
:smokebuds:

LMAO that would be a head scratcher with the cat munching your plant! We have a bunch of cats... I had mine and the wife had hers so it was like the Brady Bunch when we moved in together yrs ago! LOL Some of them like it a lot and some don't... My one cat loves to jump in the rotation... He'll put his nose up to the smoke and close his eyes like he's enjoying the smoke LOL it's hilarous. Then he goes and chills out. However, his sister likes to eat plants so the cats have NO ACCESS to the plants. First grow we did she got in the grow room and bit the head clear off a seedling... Oh we were pissed! Cats and plants don't mix. I have a buddy who got an oz of me once and his dog ate it... Talk about pissed! LOL

Glad you like that Mi5! I'll try it sometime! On the future's list! That and Onyx... Yeah I hear ya on the early takings... When you're dry you gotta do what you gotta. Especially if theres plenty more to be grown why suffer? My wife's quality of life depends on MJ availability and honestly since we've been doing the perpetual and germing something every week life for her has been so much better! Smoke em if ya got em!! I mean if you're doing a test grow or something you simply can't touch so be it... But it's nice to have a couple plants in the room at all times you can take from early if you have to if it's just for yourself! :smokebuds:

[QUOTEI have a buddy who got an oz of me once and his dog ate it...][/QUOTE] thats much worse than the dog eating the homework!! Had a friend years ago who left some cookies out - which the dog loved!!

My cat is the friendliest cat Ive ever known and loves nothing more than getting in my way when Im in the garden so might have just wanted to check the plants out since I was studying them. At least was just a leaf.

Super good to hear is making a positive difference to both yrself and yr wife. As well as ensuring a supply of good quality meds without having to break the bank is lots of fun learning and growing so all adds up to a positive.

So, I test budded the Short Stuff Mystery seed pack plant and I like a lot - really nice pepper taste and lingering aftertaste - wld go great n a steak! And whlist early days yet - seems to help with the flashing lights associated with my retina probs so Id be very interested in hearing from others with retina issues whther theyve encountered "peppery" strains and their thoughts - or perhaps keep an eye and a nose out for any that may pop up in the grow room. Is also, generally a nice some - like RSV description of Bad Betty actually, nice up high with energy but not "manicky" or nervous enducing - stoned as but still able to do things. is a pity I dont hae a name for it but is good to know its there in the short stuff genes so I'll be definetely trying to track down more pepper.

woo hoo man i am glad to hear you can
use your outdoor bud already.
great growing karma sent (times 10)
for the new crop

cheers matey - always appreciate your good words and as always bucket loads of good karma your way too - though with yr grows lately it looks like yr making plenty of karma for yrself!

PHEW!!!! Just caught up hombre. Been crazy busy the past couple days. You should be proud - DAMN proud of those ladies! :smokebuds:

Super stoked to hear that the mystery nugs are providing you with some relief from the lights! Don't worry about not knowing the strain... pay really close attention (as you have been) to the effects, smells, tastes, etc. Actually, I've been thinking......

If you have one or can get one, I think one of those mini digital recording devices (the ones that are used for recording thoughts, shopping lists, errands to run, etc) might be really useful to you both now and in the future. If you can find one that has the little removable storage cards, even better. They make them crazy small these days... small enough that you don't even notice it when you're carrying them. Carry it around with you around your house whenever you're home - when you're tending to your plants, when you're medicating - even when you're chilling and doing daily chores. This way, if it does indeed come to a point where you are having trouble being able to read or see in enough detail, you will have audio recordings of your observations in your garden, your smoke reports for your medicine, ideas for future tests and experiments, future crosses.... everything. You can use the removable storage cards as your grow logs - be as detailed as possible in everything that you record. Then, you can just play back your grow logs down the road to recall past tricks you used, pheno descriptions to look out for, etc. You know that everyone here will help you however, whenever, wherever they can... and I know that you will have good people come into your life that will be supportive of you growing your own medicine and be able to help you out. However, for the times that we might not be immediately available and an issue pops up, you can turn back to your recorded logs and be good to go! :smokebuds:

thanks for taking a look through and yr kind words mate - much appreciated.

that is a really good idea. I havent been able to read books or normal print for a few years now (not fun when doing such was a large part of my life, education etc) so I tend not to write things down much these days but recording grow journals, particularly important strains/crosses etc is a smart move - will also have to improve my journals on here as I get more organised. Im very much figuring it all out at the moment (gotta keep low key over christmas when family here though I may have not timed that too well!) but my new years resolution is to start growing propely and as much of a variety of good meds as I can. Slowly getting what I need to do indoor properly as the budget allows and hopefully will be able to run a few more outside when things quiten down in the new year - Dec is start of summer here so one of the many great things about the autos will be that will have planty of time to grow a few rounds from Jan-June.

Ive been looking into the "pepper smell" and theres a few others like Jack Herer, White Widow etc that are meant to have similar so even if its not an indicator theres at least some fun to be had chasing it down!! Hopefully it will pop-up again in some of the other Short Stuff seeds when Im better able to do crosses.

cheers matey :smokebuds:

Back