Outdoor medicine under the sun

cheers folks.

yep, I'll keep giving them the love - being a bit stunted in the height department myself I really shouldn't be too judgemental!! Thats a good point actually folks regarding strong smoke coming from stunted's - possibly due to the plant having to fight harder to survive therefore pumping out more resin for its defensive properties.

Alright, taking a few steps forawrd to ensure from here its all onward and upward. a 1m x1m x1,8m grow tent is on its way here. I think this'll be a big help - better use of space, no light leak for photos and importantly I think it'll allow me much better control over temp wind-flow etc which is of concern in the built in wardrobe I am now using - especially with the weather being hotter. Will most likely be here next week so am looking forward to getting it up and running.

Also, and I have to thank Stunted for this, but I think some final tweaking to the coco coir I use will make a big difference. Some of the current grop of seedlings are going strong whereas others are much slower, whilst all in coco this time there is some difference in brands - those that are going well are from the "proper" coco, cleaned and buffered for canna. Others are in Brunnings coco which comes as a brick. I had taken Stunteds advice and given the coco a good wash through to get out the salts etc but I mustnt have done it enough as it seems those that are in the new coco arent going as well. Unfortunately theres no grow shop or the like within a few hours from here so will need to get the good coco sent here (which is a bummer as postage costs about the same as product) but I'm positive once I can get them all happening in a better quality coco the results will improve.

Its like a little lightbulb (well a HPS) going off in my head!
:smokebuds:

Cheers Mate! All your extra effort and money will reward you in the long run! +rep for great growing priorities! :smokebuds: Hope you're doing well man!

hey folks :smokebuds:

bet flat out like a lizard drinking last few days setting up tent (getting there - gotta mount intake fan properly and generally work on temps) and repotting in better coco and generally being a bit drained and blah so havent been on here as much as Id like last few days. Will get some pics up when I can for all and any advice.

cheers West :smokebuds:. thanks for the kind words - I hope it does pay off cause Im now a bit broke (well arent we all all the time...) Main concern is temps - and only starting to get hot here) so I know that if I can get the harvests in it will repay itself in no-time due to not having to buy grass - and growing my own is priceless anyway - just a matter of if I can do it properly. Damn noisy in my bedroom now (I might have to start sleeping outside!!) and gotta get things cooler but will get there.

A quick update on the outdoor - pics when I can. Id really like to leave the MI5 a bit longer, fan leaves are yellowed but still got a bit more in it I reckon) but am very low on meds and $s so the top came off last night and either all or most will go tonight. Will have to sacrifice somw swelling and amber in this case... The other short stuff mystery I will let go a bit longer though - its swelling up more than the MI5 so would be a shame to let it stop plus even though its unamed and do I cant relate people praise to it its got a really nice spicety/peppery smell to it so Im looking forward to tasting it. Have heard a lot of good things about MI5 and looking forward to trying as well as growing more of them and better than this one but of the two - the short stuff mystery pack one seem to draw me in more when I go near them...

alright folks, hope your all doing exceedingly well - I better get back to running in circles!

sure is mate and its still only spring. seems like gonna be another humid summer too - arrghhh, much rather the super hot dry heat than this muggy rubbish. Inside tent is staying at about 35 deg C so I shudder to think what it'll be like down the track... might have to look into a mini A/C for the tent with next dollars I find.

time to go and decide how much of a haircut to give the MI5... :smokebuds:

Let us know how you like the MI5 glaucoma. Yea man summers around here are brutal, get above 37 deg C on a regular basis. Money is tight for me right now as well, so I am smoking mids...not cool lol. At least you have some prime bud to harvest!

Gday folks :smokebuds:

stunted - getting hotter mate - and stormier!. Don't know about you but had some cracking thunder early thismorning. Hard to know where to place my bets for the summer - will it be floods or bushfires? probably both!

Roller - Im sweating on getting some of those buds dry I must say - down to the bottom of the bag here so this MI5 wont be getting the proper cure process as it has work to do real soon!! Have taken top and a few branches off - wont be a lot of bud when dried but am looking forward to trying the MI5 - lotsa snow on her in places.

here she is 2 days ago before any chopping
MI5.jpgMI52.jpg

and heres the SS mystery plant also from 2 days ago (will try and snap a cple more tonight). Leaving this one go but very much looking forward to getting it in - might be sooner than I thought, depending on weather).

SS1.jpgSS2.jpg

:thumbs:

1.png

Yep, @3.30am it hit here hard, Cracking thunder, loads of lightning and rain. It woke the wife up and she then saw me awake watching funny shit on youtube so of course she was shitty :p

Keep an eye out for mold/mildew etc on/in your buds, this is the perfect weather to ruin your crop.

Also a big storm has just swept by here (7:10pm) so will be at your place soon, its heading SE according to the radar, hope you get lucky and it misses you.
And them plants are looking as tasty as ever, very nice.

Back