Mephisto Genetics MCPD_Refugee’s Experiment with DWC and Double Grape

ohh a big fan :jointman: im down to the last walter in the seed stash :yoinks:with the special editions and the illuminautos so much new stuff to try out,it could be a year before i get round to another walter.so slow down a bit mephisto i canna keep up :oops1:
:pighug:

Quick update. Day 5.

As previously mentioned, I’m a bit of a dunce. I was being a bit cautious with my new lights. I’ve never run COBs before. Previously, I was running a 135 watt QB in 4000K. The general information that I got was that one COB would adequately cover my 2 x 2.5 tent. And I hung two. So, I reasoned that I should have my lights a little higher than other folks so as not to fry my plants. They were at 44” above the deck when I started. For those of you taking notes, that’s too far. My little gal got a little leggy so I had to drop the lights down. I settled on 28” and things have stopped stretching for the time being.

No sign of roots out the bottom of the net pot yet. Still watering from the top twice a day. pH is holding steady ar 5.8.
582ECF80-9468-416B-96C1-CF36BABA5714.jpeg

FBDEA5DC-AA2B-4AAC-8A7A-0ACA29BF4FFA.jpeg

I’ll try to update twice a week from here on out. Thanks for stopping by.

Quick update. Day 5.

As previously mentioned, I’m a bit of a dunce. I was being a bit cautious with my new lights. I’ve never run COBs before. Previously, I was running a 135 watt QB in 4000K. The general information that I got was that one COB would adequately cover my 2 x 2.5 tent. And I hung two. So, I reasoned that I should have my lights a little higher than other folks so as not to fry my plants. They were at 44” above the deck when I started. For those of you taking notes, that’s too far. My little gal got a little leggy so I had to drop the lights down. I settled on 28” and things have stopped stretching for the time being.

No sign of roots out the bottom of the net pot yet. Still watering from the top twice a day. pH is holding steady ar 5.8.
View attachment 953647
View attachment 953648

I’ll try to update twice a week from here on out. Thanks for stopping by.

Good luck with the grow mate iv got double grape waiting her turn next so im interested to see how she turns out :pop:
Off to a nice start :thumbsup:

Thanks for following along @richykn. To be perfectly honest, though, if you want to see the full potential of Double Grape, check out a grow going on right now by @Seabass. He’s a far better grower than I am.

On top of it all, everything in my tent is an experiment for me right now. I’ve never done DWC before. I’ve never grown under COBs before. I’ve never used Mega Crop from beginning to end before.

Unless, of course, you’re looking to learn from someone else’s mistakes...then you’re in the right place. I’m sure I’ll make many mistakes over the next 70 days or so. And I’ll make sure to document them all here for everyone to learn from.

Thanks for following along @richykn. To be perfectly honest, though, if you want to see the full potential of Double Grape, check out a grow going on right now by @Seabass. He’s a far better grower than I am.

On top of it all, everything in my tent is an experiment for me right now. I’ve never done DWC before. I’ve never grown under COBs before. I’ve never used Mega Crop from beginning to end before.

Unless, of course, you’re looking to learn from someone else’s mistakes...then you’re in the right place. I’m sure I’ll make many mistakes over the next 70 days or so. And I’ll make sure to document them all here for everyone to learn from.

I had never done dwc before either only doing it for the first time now, and it will be helpful to see how she does and what kind of problems you run into if any I hope it's all smooth sailing for you though bro :thumbsup:

I had never done dwc before either only doing it for the first time now, and it will be helpful to see how she does and what kind of problems you run into if any I hope it's all smooth sailing for you though bro :thumbsup:
Thanks for the positive vibes, bro. I’m gonna try to take it easy with her and not push her too hard. I’ll post some update photos after I get home from work tonight. Not really a whole lot seems to have changed. As I’m sure you’re well aware, the first couple of weeks with DWC seem to be really slow going.

Thanks for the positive vibes, bro. I’m gonna try to take it easy with her and not push her too hard. I’ll post some update photos after I get home from work tonight. Not really a whole lot seems to have changed. As I’m sure you’re well aware, the first couple of weeks with DWC seem to be really slow going.

Yeah at around 3 weeks is when mine really started to take off and then you better strap in and hold on :windy:
My approach was to take it easy also and I worried I wouldn't be giving her enough but there has been no signs of nute Def as far as IV been able to tell . :thumbsup:

i can't speak for anyone but myself, but i've read dozens and dozens of different journals this year in preparation for my first grow, and there is just as much to be learned from a inexperienced grower as there is from the picture perfect journals. they are the journals that really pushed me and made me realise that hey, i could do that too...or at least try!

we had precisely the same mishap with finding the right height for the cobs...my three stretched too. i'm not entirely convinced even at day 14 that i have the height correct :haha: but i'm pretty sure a leggy start doesn't cause too much detriment.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Today is Day 9 for my Double Grape baby.

Not a whole lot has changed from my previous update. There’s nothing major to report. Roots have finally made their way to the reservoir. Having read other journals, I know that DWC starts off pretty slowly. Apparently I have another week to week and a half before things kick into high gear (if I’ve done everything right).

6F86BEFD-B508-4BBD-A5D6-6C3162391479.jpeg

763EA895-C358-424B-95EB-9B7ABF152112.jpeg

1E29B76F-5470-470C-A9B5-EAE9748E8812.jpeg

53C7606A-03DC-49AA-B748-3980D58CD543.jpeg

Happy growing everyone.

Back