Mephisto Genetics MCPD_Refugee’s Experiment with DWC and Double Grape

This grow encouraged me to give dry sifting a try. I purchased a box with a 120 micron stainless steel screen. I spent the better part of three hours sifting this morning and got 11.6 grams. It’s a nice shade of greenish yellow. For now, I’m keeping it in a jar in a cool dark place. I don’t know what I’m going to do with it just yet. I may decarb it and cook with it. I may go old school and turn it into hash. Or maybe I’ll buy a proper press and turn it into rosin. So many options...so little decision-making ability. In the meantime, it’s in a sealed jar in a cool dark place.

F7C0433D-1D91-456F-B9D2-101EB8E79004.jpeg

Day 82.

Alrighty. This will close out the grow portion of this journal. I took her down today. I will be back to post dry weights when I have them and I will, of course, take any comments and answer any questions you might have. I do have a few general observations from cutting her down, though:

1.) I could have been a bit more aggressive with pruning. There was a lot of stuff up under her skirt that I couldn’t see or couldn’t get to. Maybe I was holding out hope that they would swell up.

2.) I never understood when people said that they just dumped their small larfy buds into their trim pile. My philosophy has always been that every bud is a smokable bud....until now. There were just so many buds that I couldn’t keep them all. I didn’t have enough room in my tent to hang them all. Plus, this is only for my own consumption and I am totally bush league. I am not the pro that some of you are. And I don’t really have too many friends who have the liberty to partake. So...as it is, I’m gonna have to get creative...and then generous. But that’s another tale for later. By the way..everything except for the stems went into the trim pile. There were trichomes on everything..every.thing.

3.) Overall, I am very satisfied with this grow. It is a fantastic strain. @mephisto has really created something special with this gal. @Greenleaf Nutrients has a dead simple nutrient line that is one of the best - if not the best - around. @BigSm0 has some pretty awesome lights that made this show possible. I owe you a review for your lights on your website.

4.) My little jalapeño plant gets to come out of hiding, and hopefully start making some peppers.

5.) My guess is 8.4 ounces dry.

Finally, a big shout out to @Dabber, the high priest of the Mega Crop Cobmob for showing me the light. Where once I was blind, now I can see. A special shoutout to @Seabass for the constant encouragement both here and on Instagram. @BCBudlady, I thank you for your constant presence and commentary. @Seymourbud, thank you for commentary as well. And @Froot n Fuel and @richykn thank you for starting off and following all the way through. If I’ve missed someone, I apologize.

I want to thank everyone who stopped by my little grow journal to watch, like and comment over the past twelve weeks or so. I appreciate all of the comments and compliments. I am truly humbled that some of the best growers I know (um...that’s you guys) took the time to compliment me.

Next up...March of 2019...the microgrow show - it’ll be my 4th and least experimental...one liter hempy bottles inspired by @hairyman and @Spanglish. It’s time to sample some freebies.

View attachment 984341
View attachment 984342
View attachment 984344
View attachment 984345
View attachment 984346
View attachment 984347
View attachment 984348
View attachment 984349

Happy growing everyone.

Awesome growing , look forward to your micro grow,,, :d5:

Attachments

• IMAG1371.jpg