Mephisto Genetics MCPD_Refugee’s Experiment with DWC and Double Grape

Thank you, @Nosias. I’m glad you’ve been around since the beginning of my new journey. I appreciate the encouragement.
Yes, I'm here and very grateful for ever day this pace makers gives me. So happy to lend a cheer.

images

Experience Level:
  • I'm a total newbie

Now that has to be changed in your profile

Awesome grow man, it is an inspiration for sure. Watching this grow has made me really want to try DWC, maybe after I get a couple more grows under my belt.

Awesome grow man, it is an inspiration for sure. Watching this grow has made me really want to try DWC, maybe after I get a couple more grows under my belt.
Thank you, bro. Much appreciated. I really hope that this goes to show you that you don’t really need to know with 100% conviction what you’re doing in order to get decent results. I also hope that this goes to show you that you shouldn’t be afraid to experiment and push your own boundaries. Good luck. Tag me in to any journal you do and I’ll be more than happy to help out where I can.

Thank you, bro. Much appreciated. I really hope that this goes to show you that you don’t really need to know with 100% conviction what you’re doing in order to get decent results. I also hope that this goes to show you that you shouldn’t be afraid to experiment and push your own boundaries. Good luck. Tag me in to any journal you do and I’ll be more than happy to help out where I can.

^True story up there....... And its harder to do with less experience, you'll 2nd guess, question, and WTF am I doing here to yourself all the time. After I screwed up quite a few grows- realized "Hey, still got trees to burn" May not of been much yield- but progress is progress & you don't ever learn anything new by doing the same thing, the same way, every time- and thats boring as hell anyway

Long as you're having fun, all good... Its not all fun, all the time- but if I wasn't enjoying growing- I'd likely quit

^True story up there....... And its harder to do with less experience, you'll 2nd guess, question, and WTF am I doing here to yourself all the time. After I screwed up quite a few grows- realized "Hey, still got trees to burn" May not of been much yield- but progress is progress & you don't ever learn anything new by doing the same thing, the same way, every time- and thats boring as hell anyway

Long as you're having fun, all good... Its not all fun, all the time- but if I wasn't enjoying growing- I'd likely quit
Not if you had to pay for it again! I could not afford my usage at retail cost. Growing = Learning
I have been doing this for more than half of my life. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and experienced. But I take the initiative to keep experimenting and learning. That is part of the fun for me after all of these years.

Not if you had to pay for it again! I could not afford my usage at retail cost. Growing = Learning
I have been doing this for more than half of my life. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and experienced. But I take the initiative to keep experimenting and learning. That is part of the fun for me after all of these years.

Yea, though by that logic, @mcpd_refugee would of never tried DWC.... See "experiment with DWC"... It could of totally flopped & maybe he would be going to dispensary/streets/etc- paying retail. Odds were, he'd get buds, as that usually happens with auto's- he has growing experience, good environment, nutes, lights, etc... What if he couldn't get pH in range & locked in? Root Rot? Air pump dies & no back up, multi day power outage- He may of been looking at 10 gram yield vs 8oz....

If I got ounces, I'm rollin 1g+ fatties & smoking more of em. If I'm buying retail, my joints aren't in 'king size' papers, they're under a gram, and I'm taking 1 or 2 j's to work instead of 3... If the jars are full, smoke up, when they get low, you smoke less- adaptation...

@mcpd_refugee looking forward to the micro-grow in spring!!!!!...... If that remains your plan in a couple months.

Yea, though by that logic, @mcpd_refugee would of never tried DWC.... See "experiment with DWC"... It could of totally flopped & maybe he would be going to dispensary/streets/etc- paying retail. Odds were, he'd get buds, as that usually happens with auto's- he has growing experience, good environment, nutes, lights, etc... What if he couldn't get pH in range & locked in? Root Rot? Air pump dies & no back up, multi day power outage- He may of been looking at 10 gram yield vs 8oz....

If I got ounces, I'm rollin 1g+ fatties & smoking more of em. If I'm buying retail, my joints aren't in 'king size' papers, they're under a gram, and I'm taking 1 or 2 j's to work instead of 3... If the jars are full, smoke up, when they get low, you smoke less- adaptation...

@mcpd_refugee looking forward to the micro-grow in spring!!!!!...... If that remains your plan in a couple months.
That makes zero sense. Besides rolling a smaller joint if you are running low. I encourage experimenting and if you give up because of pH issue, timer malfunction or root rot....you are just a quitter. You can't expect to be perfect trying a new method. You could fail in Soil too.

Last edited:
Today, I finally got the moisture down to 63%. And the final dry weight is 224 grams (7.9 Oz.). Sorry, @Seabass...your guess was just a bit too high. So was mine for that matter. I'm completely clueless when it comes to guessing weight, though. I'm sure that I will eventually get my schedule dialed in so I can get those big fat buds. I am only slightly disappointed in myself for these results - I mean...how can one be truly disappointed with half a pound on their 3rd grow?

Keep an eye out for the 2019 Spring Micro Grow. It should be loads of fun.

Back