Attachments

• DenizDerGrosse-adlite-03 (1).jpg
    DenizDerGrosse-adlite-03 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
What's the reasoning behind changing the hang height during different stages as opposed to hanging to evenly light your space, then relying on the dimmer to adjust ppfd?

What's the reasoning behind changing the hang height during different stages as opposed to hanging to evenly light your space, then relying on the dimmer to adjust ppfd?
Maybe the good old doc can help you with that! It set to where he explains about light intensity. He kind of debunks the inverse light theory........ To a degree .

Maybe the good old doc can help you with that! It set to where he explains about light intensity. He kind of debunks the inverse light theory........ To a degree .

This is good info, thank you. So what I'm understanding, the benefit of raising the light over solely dimming is an increased amount of sideways photons at the expense of reflective loss(wall bounce)?

This is good info, thank you. So what I'm understanding, the benefit of raising the light over solely dimming is an increased amount of sideways photons at the expense of reflective loss(wall bounce)?
Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Mars did change some of its lights to have reflectors on the line itself. That's where you get the first bounce and it tends to direct it downward.
HLG added reflectors to their Top of the line Diablo at either end of the six quantum boards to direct the light down.

FC 1200W-EVO Has reflectors on either side of each bar. This does the same thing!

Basically what I do is at the beginning of the grow, I had the light positioned where I have even coverage and then use the dimmer to dial in what PPFD I want. As the plant grows I raise the light To maintain the same ppfd and even coverage. As the plant grows you it gets to the point where the PPFD needs to be increased for that stage of growth where you can fully turn up light. From there, you adjust the light to maintain the PPFD you want.

Now that's the most efficient way of running your light. Now, if you have one of the powerful lights above, you can just place it higher in the tent where you have good coverage and control your PPFD with a higher setting of the dimmer. In other words, you set the light at a higher place in the tent and leave it there for a longer period of time.

I really can't tell you if that translates over to more production. Raising the light every few days can be a pain and especially augmenting with CO2. Even without pushing the PPFD, the plants are going to grow quicker and be more healthier. You do have to have everything in line if you want to push the plant. environment and nutrients must be in there.

@Marshydro
You guys should ship me out a FC 1200W-EVO when I get my grow room built in my big shop! I'm going to have 4 big open quadrants!
4aa048a2e8477b38e2dc442c2f5117d0d9c305a30f2d64e1ebc4c52f9792ecf7.jpg

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Mars did change some of its lights to have reflectors on the line itself. That's where you get the first bounce and it tends to direct it downward.
HLG added reflectors to their Top of the line Diablo at either end of the six quantum boards to direct the light down.

FC 1200W-EVO Has reflectors on either side of each bar. This does the same thing!

Basically what I do is at the beginning of the grow, I had the light positioned where I have even coverage and then use the dimmer to dial in what PPFD I want. As the plant grows I raise the light To maintain the same ppfd and even coverage. As the plant grows you it gets to the point where the PPFD needs to be increased for that stage of growth where you can fully turn up light. From there, you adjust the light to maintain the PPFD you want.

Now that's the most efficient way of running your light. Now, if you have one of the powerful lights above, you can just place it higher in the tent where you have good coverage and control your PPFD with a higher setting of the dimmer. In other words, you set the light at a higher place in the tent and leave it there for a longer period of time.

I really can't tell you if that translates over to more production. Raising the light every few days can be a pain and especially augmenting with CO2. Even without pushing the PPFD, the plants are going to grow quicker and be more healthier. You do have to have everything in line if you want to push the plant. environment and nutrients must be in there.

@Marshydro
You guys should ship me out a FC 1200W-EVO when I get my grow room built in my big shop! I'm going to have 4 big open quadrants!
View attachment 1705333

I've got 600w of decent LED in my 4'x4', so I could probably benefit from keeping my lights a bit higher as long as I have my ppfd where I want it.

I was today years old when I discovered that Mars Hydro was using 301H chips, providing par maps, and more at an amazing price point. I guess I have to buy some new toys. :)

Back