Cool. I’m going to pick up some 1/2” PVC plugs & stainless screws to reinforce the screens on the 2 floating corners.
Question: Do you think it would be better to pack the wicks with straight peat instead of the mix to improve wicking? I’m trying to be proactive on any possible flaws with these particular boxes.
I don't think it would hurt but I really don't think it would do much good.
One thing I forgot to mention when you said you were gonna use those style of pots is that you need to make sure that the media you're going to use Wicks really really well. Those are good deal taller than the Earth boxes. You're going to want that really good wicking to keep your upper area moist, so as to keep the biological activity on your top dressing going.
Once you start filling the reservoir, you're going to need to check the top fairly often to make sure that it's wicking properly. You may need to spray the top from time to time. You also want to make sure you avoid washing anything down into the reservoir from that wetting. Use any Pump sprayer that has a fine mist.

I don't think it would hurt but I really don't think it would do much good.
One thing I forgot to mention when you said you were gonna use those style of pots is that you need to make sure that the media you're going to use Wicks really really well. Those are good deal taller than the Earth boxes. You're going to want that really good wicking to keep your upper area moist, so as to keep the biological activity on your top dressing going.
Once you start filling the reservoir, you're going to need to check the top fairly often to make sure that it's wicking properly. You may need to spray the top from time to time. You also want to make sure you avoid washing anything down into the reservoir from that wetting. Use any Pump sprayer that has a fine mist.
Do you have worms in your boxes?

Do you have worms in your boxes?
I have some. I don't intentionally introduce worms into my earth boxes, but they do get in there from my own worm castings with the worm Eggs and maybe some tiny babies.

We’re here to celebrate Mars Hydro's 15th BIRTHDAY! 🎉🎂

We've created countless memories from day one, and the past dozen years have brought some of the best yet. 📝

We’re grateful for your support over the years. To show our appreciation, we’ve got some exciting activities lined up just for you! 🎁

Join Now ➡ https://www.mars-hydro.com/info/post/mars-hydro-15th-anniversary

Attachments

• 15周年-视频封面(2).jpg
    15周年-视频封面(2).jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 10

Attachments

• 加湿器.png
    加湿器.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Attachments

• TW@HigherKushCloud.jpg