I so wanna run a FC 6500 in my 4X4 tent this winter!

Mars Hydro Q&A Here

Q: Why Mars Hydro SP 6500 has 2356 LEDs, but only 650W power draw?
A: That's because it uses the low electric current to drive LEDs.

Q: What's the current of this SP6500 lamp?
A: Mars Hydro light is the only 80MA, while other brands are mostly 200MA. Our current is 60% lower than other brands.

Q: Why Mars Hydro lights use such low current
A: Low current to drive LEDs makes the lamp reach the best luminance with the lowest power consumption. In other words, Mars lights use the least electricity to achieve the best efficiency. It can also extend diodes and the panel life-span and reduce light decay.

Q: What’s the defect of high current?
A: High current to drive LEDs makes chips temperature high, resulting in shortening chips’ life-span and accelerating the light decay, increase your electric bills as well.

SP6500-Why 2356leds only consumes 650w.jpg

Last edited:
FC 6500, too large for 4'x4', :biggrin: FC 4800 will be perfectly match 4'x4' grow tent
I think I can make that FC 6500 work quite well. I have a tall tent, great ventilation, A/C intake air, mount the driver outside, and the light has a dimmer.
It's only 50watts more than two SP3000s, but with more even PPFD.,

I think I can make that FC 6500 work quite well. I have a tall tent, great ventilation, A/C intake air, mount the driver outside, and the light has a dimmer.
It's only 50watts more than two SP3000s, but with more even PPFD.,
FC lights with more even ppfd, because of the bar-style design

FC lights with more even ppfd, because of the bar-style design
Yup! And I like the underdriven factor too.
I got one of the first SP3000s. If the FC line had been out, I would have bought the FC6500 for sure.
The removable driver and dimmer make this a very flexible light. I know why you guys make the company reccomendations, but don't undersell a product that's this flexible.

How about this. Give me a grow challenge. If I accept it, you send me a FC6500. I document everything and anything you want documented. If I win the challenge, I keep the FC6500. If I don't win, I pay you.
WIN WIN! :headbang: :headbang:

@Marshydro Just picked up a 5x4 foot print grow tent. Currently I am using a HLG 260W LED V2 Rspec Board XL in my current grow and will be moving that to the bigger tent.

Which light from your line-up should I add in addition to the HLG light to fill the space? Also, what is the word on black friday sales?

Thanks!

Yup! And I like the underdriven factor too.
I got one of the first SP3000s. If the FC line had been out, I would have bought the FC6500 for sure.
The removable driver and dimmer make this a very flexible light. I know why you guys make the company reccomendations, but don't undersell a product that's this flexible.

How about this. Give me a grow challenge. If I accept it, you send me a FC6500. I document everything and anything you want documented. If I win the challenge, I keep the FC6500. If I don't win, I pay you.
WIN WIN! :headbang: :headbang:
I'm afraid can't take this challenge. You could take FC 6500 light, this month during the Black Friday sale :smoking:

@Marshydro Just picked up a 5x4 foot print grow tent. Currently I am using a HLG 260W LED V2 Rspec Board XL in my current grow and will be moving that to the bigger tent.

Which light from your line-up should I add in addition to the HLG light to fill the space? Also, what is the word on black friday sales?

Thanks!

Hi @crawf , you could add one SP 3000 light, it's 300w, with 952pcs diodes, the coverage is for 2'x5' flower and 3'x5' veg. The Black Friday Sale details will come out on the 23rd, stay tuned!

SP 3000 light large area growing!
mars hydro sp 3000.jpg

Back