Hey Tina quick question, I recently bought a TSW2000W to replace my 1kw gixxer. I’m very pleased it looks great and I’m excited to get started. My question is, is the fixture housing supposed to be electrified? It shocks the shit out of me and I ensured there were no defects on the insulated wires anywhere. My electric is fine and no other appliances have issues including my previous led light. Is this a defect or supposed to Carry a current on the housing. It even travels up the chains it hangs from as carrying a current. Luckily I have a meter so I’m aware but concerned. Thx
Thanks for the mention. Yes, I’ve double checked the circuit for continuity and to ensure the neutral and ground wires weren’t faulted which is a usual cause for electrified grounded appliances. The issue has got to be within the wiring and grounding within the light housing because theres simply no other explanation. I’m quite proficient with electrical work and this is what led me to reason that perhaps it could either be part of design (unlikely) or a fault within the device. Super disappointed because no way am I returning it i can’t be without it.
Hi, sorry for my late. I also don't know the much electric, I'm wondering is it the static electricity. What the ampere value did you meter? please kindly send the meter test photo to us, at solutions@mars-hydro.com, we will check this with our engineer.

Hi, sorry for my late. I also don't know the much electric, I'm wondering is it the static electricity. What the ampere value did you meter? please kindly send the meter test photo to us, at solutions@mars-hydro.com, we will check this with our engineer.
Fantastic rep always right on top of things. Not an electrician but who is other then electricians lol. Let the tech team help u out via email as a company they’ve always responded extremely fast

Hi Tina, I received my TS1000 today and I am very happy!
I will attach some pictures but why would the cable from the driver to the light be about 10 times to long? I have to cable tie it out of the way which is a pain.
Also, do I flip it up to 100% lighting and do I need to run the small fan (see pic) pointed directly at the driver to keep it cool?
I've got a bigger fan to go in but I've heard some people run a fan on the driver whilst it's on. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20200701_103527.jpg
    20200701_103527.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200701_103522.jpg
    20200701_103522.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
I will attach some pictures but why would the cable from the driver to the light be about 10 times to long? I have to cable tie it out of the way which is a pain.
Also, do I flip it up to 100% lighting and do I need to run the small fan (see pic) pointed directly at the driver to keep it cool?
I've got a bigger fan to go in but I've heard some people run a fan on the driver whilst it's on. Thanks.
Hi mate, the cable is that long so you can take off the driver and put outside tent, as the driver puts out quite alot of heat that you might not want in your tent :pass:

I should recieve mine in a few days as well and this is the exact opposite for me :) I hoped that it will be long enough for me to get the driver outside the tent. So thanks for the good news Matt ;-)

View attachment 1208384
I just followed your advice and removed the driver out completely. I prefer less electrics in the tent anyways so it helps.
@ganjaholicz it is held in place by a few small plastic nuts that are easily undone by hand. Very impressed!
I may be wrong but I wouldn't have the extension lead in the tent mate, as it can get quite humid in there and moisture getting in to the electrics could be a disaster waiting to happen :fire:

Hey, @matt6320 , the long cord is for grower to put the driver out of the tent, because some growers feedback us this will help reduce the tent temp in Summer.

At the early veg stage, you can adjust it to 60% brightness, hanging height 18''. Then 80%, flower 100%

Yeah, keeping the tent at the good temp better for babies growing, the small fan is good, keep the temp in 75-85F

Back